ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Coming Back to the UK from the US for School

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SinRumbo
Newly Registered
United States of America

Coming Back to the UK from the US for School

Post by SinRumbo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 am

I have lived in the UK for eighteen years as a citizen until 2016, when I moved to America, where I am also a citizen. Now, I am 21 and wish to return to the UK to go back to university. I have my passports and housing will not be a problem, as my mother still lives in England, but I'm worried about student finance, will i still be able to receive it if I haven't lived in England for two full tax tears, what are my entitlements here?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Coming Back to the UK from the US for School

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:13 pm

It isn't about 'tax years'. You need 3 years residence.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
Your nationality or residency status
You can apply if all of the following apply:

you’re a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (no restrictions on how long you can stay)
you normally live in England
you’ve been living in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.