ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits without affecting Wife,s Visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

razi1234
- thin ice -

Benefits without affecting Wife,s Visa

Post by razi1234 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:40 am

Dear seniors
i hv read all these threads but i am still looking answer of my confusion ,i am sure you gonna make it clear for me as you always do .
i am brit national and my 5 month baby is bri too..but my wife has spouse visa for 2.5 years and has to extend for next 2.5 years next year march..my simple question is which benefits me and my baby is entitled to without affecting my wife,s visa in future?

1: Child Benefit ----
2:WTC/CTC... Every moderator replied for this question that me and my wife has to apply jointly for wtc and ctc..when u say jointly then what does it mean ?will wtc and ctc affect her visa later ?
thanks
RAZI

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Benefits without affecting Wife,s Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:43 am

1: Child Benefit ----
YOU must claim in YOUR name ONLY. You must however mention your spouse where required in the form.
2:WTC/CTC... Every moderator replied for this question that me and my wife has to apply jointly for wtc and ctc..when u say jointly then what does it mean ?will wtc and ctc affect her visa later ?
You MUST claim in BOTH your names as a couple. If you do not, they treat your claim as a single person and this is fraud as you are not a single person. No effect on her visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v13.0.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.