ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent UK Visit Visa Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dng_131
India

Parent UK Visit Visa Questions

Post by dng_131 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 am

Hello Admin,

I have seperate question about parents UK visitor visa. So I thought I would post it in this thread.

My parents are planning to apply Standard Visitor Visa in upcoming months. They will have all the relevant documentation from thier side. However I would like to send them some supporting documents from the UK such as unitilty bills, my bank statements and pay slips to support their application as they both are retired since past 5 years.

My questions is

Can I send these supporting documents as scanned copies via an email? OR do I have to send originals by post?

Many thanks.

DG

Casa

Re: Parent UK Visit Visa Questions

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:06 am

I have split your post into your own topic. It's not only unfair to tag your question onto another member's thread, but it also causes confusion.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi Casa,

Please accept my apologies by adding my question in someone else's thread. I was being helpful because in the past I have seen previous moderators have requested to post similar question with the same questions. I appreciate your concerns. Sorry about that.

Kind regards,

DG

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:20 pm

No problem.

Supporting documents should be originals.

More importance is placed on your parents financial self-sufficiency and evidence of strong ties to their home country, rather than your ability to sponsor their visit.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi Casa,

Excellent, many thanks for the clarification. Have a good weekend.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:59 pm

dng_131 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:28 pm
Hi Casa,

Excellent, many thanks for the clarification. Have a good weekend.
You're welcome, you too.
(Casa, not CR001)

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:12 pm

sincere apologies to query here but found it very relevant

my friend applied a visitor visa for his parents 6 months ago and all the supporting document from my friend were copies. ( his UK bank statement, payslip, invitation letter , etc )

Are the scanned bank statement and payslips or photocopies alone not enough?

Cheers

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:57 pm

[quote=Casa post_id=1539470 time=1506190839 user_id=29558]
No problem.

More importance is placed on your parents financial self-sufficiency and evidence of strong ties to their home country, rather than your ability to sponsor their visit.
[/quote]

Dear Casa,

I am slightly confused as you have mentioned supporting documents from UK sponsor must be originals and not scanned copies sent to the applicants by email

given your experience i value your comments seriously - however when i digged deep on to other posts on this forum,i found multiple applicants have applied with just scanned and photocopies of supporting documents from UK sponsor and not original documents

can you please give me your final suggestion if you dont mind

Thanks in advance

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:46 am

ITGraduate wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:57 pm
Casa wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:20 pm
No problem.

Dear Casa,

I am slightly confused as you have mentioned supporting documents from UK sponsor must be originals and not scanned copies sent to the applicants by email

given your experience i value your comments seriously - however when i digged deep on to other posts on this forum,i found multiple applicants have applied with just scanned and photocopies of supporting documents from UK sponsor and not original documents

can you please give me your final suggestion if you dont mind

Thanks in advance
As Casa pointed out, the documents that are more important are your parent's local documents - savings, connections, etc.

I have had my parents, in-laws, etc. visit me and I all I provided was a scanned letter mentioning the relationship and the fact that they would be staying with me. (Proof of accommodation more than anything else). Never provided any other documents - original or copies
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Thank you marcnath for your response

All my parent documents will be original ( applicants )

and all my documents ( invitation letter, bank statements, house documents, pay slips ) will be scanned copies ( i am the sponsor from UK ).

Cheers !!!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:38 am

All of my documents were scanned copies for my parents application
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:05 am

[quote=poper post_id=1543854 time=1507109927 user_id=78078]
All of my documents were scanned copies for my parents application
[/quote]

Thanks very much !!

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Hello Everyone,

So judging by various sponsporer's experiences (mentioned in this thread), scanned copies as well as originals are also acceptable. Thank you everyone for your replies.

I have a new question in the similar thread. What is the documents validity for the visa? For example, if I am sending/scanning my sponsor letter and documents to my parents then they should be no older than how many days? IS it 30 days or 90 days? Is there any UKBA link where I can find this information?

Many thanks in advance.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm

[quote=dng_131 post_id=1583751 time=1515878816 user_id=139606]
Hello Everyone,

So judging by various sponsporer's experiences (mentioned in this thread), scanned copies as well as originals are also acceptable. Thank you everyone for your replies.

I have a new question in the similar thread. What is the documents validity for the visa? For example, if I am sending/scanning my sponsor letter and documents to my parents then they should be no older than how many days? IS it 30 days or 90 days? Is there any UKBA link where I can find this information?

Many thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Hi,

Please make sure it no more than 28 days old

Good Luck