ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lenka123
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Passport renewal

Post by Lenka123 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi,
I’ve got the question here. In January 2018 my son’s passport got expire . We send all paperwork’s for the renowel. After 1 month the examinator found out that the passport was issued by mistake in 2013 , and my son shouldn’t get one.
Because it’s the passport office fault they reply that we have to go through the Citizenship and it’s going to be free of charge, as is their fault.
Anyway I sent the paperworks and I’m waiting.
The application supposed to be sort it out as soon as possible, as the letter from the passport office said.
It’s been a month no I have no reply and booked holiday in abroad in April. I don’t think we will make it to April.
Who’s fault is this, when I have to cancel my holiday, who is going to pay for it? I’m so angry now, the immigration office won’t tell you how long or when or even the status of the application . If I have to go through the Czech Ambassy and ask for Czech passport I still don’t have enough documents to present, as it’s out of date .
Anyone any ideas what to do ?
I will write a letter to the home office , but don’t think it helps:/