ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freelancing jobs from UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amitabhk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Freelancing jobs from UK

Post by amitabhk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi, I am an Indian passport holder and I hold ILR. In June 2017 I returned to India. But my ILR is valid for life, it is just that the absence from UK cannot be longer than 2 years. Sitting here in India I want to take up freelancing jobs which are advertised in UK jobsites by employers based in UK. Am I legally allowed by UK government to take up such freelancing jobs in India?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Freelancing jobs from UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:16 pm

But my ILR is valid for life,
Not if you don't live in the UK.
it is just that the absence from UK cannot be longer than 2 years.
Short visits do not maintain the ILR/settled status.
Sitting here in India I want to take up freelancing jobs which are advertised in UK jobsites by employers based in UK. Am I legally allowed by UK government to take up such freelancing jobs in India?
You can do freelance work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

traveros
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by traveros » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:16 pm
Sitting here in India I want to take up freelancing jobs which are advertised in UK jobsites by employers based in UK. Am I legally allowed by UK government to take up such freelancing jobs in India?
Hello, do you know which free jobs we can with register

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm

traveros wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:16 pm
Hello, do you know which free jobs we can with register
@traveros. If you continue to highjack other members' threads, your forum membership will be terminated without any further warnings.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

thaophan
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by thaophan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:43 am

amitabhk wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm
Hi, I am an Indian passport holder and I hold ILR. In June 2017 I returned to India. But my ILR is valid for life, it is just that the absence from UK cannot be longer than 2 years. Sitting here in India I want to take up freelancing jobs which are advertised in UK jobsites by employers based in UK. Am I legally allowed by UK government to take up such freelancing jobs in India?
First thing I heard it from u
1. U have ILR and staying in India , okee then but dont forget requirement to move on next applying for British Citizen( not more than ... days in last 5 yrs and important thing is not over 180 days one time in last 12 months, not sure but must considering.. U must come back uk then if u want to be Brith :p it does not fall u for next chance of citizen hun
2. meantime in India i think u of course work as freelancer

kushalprasad
Newly Registered

Post by kushalprasad » Sat May 19, 2018 12:27 am

amitabhk wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm
Wrong question/ Wrong way of asking. Freelancing job doesn't require a VISA. Freelancing is something you do sitting in your country or any country for any person/company in another country or even in same country and get paid.

There is no relationship between VISA/Work Permit or freelancing.

Some of jobs in the UK advertised as freelancing job require you to be present in the country and/or hold a work permit. So make sure to check that in the advertisement. If there is no such restriction then you can work without requiring VISA. You can try freelancing sites which are dedicated to freelancers rather than going thru UK job sites which are fake and total waste of time. Just Google search for such freelancing sites.