ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Residence card type

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Infocollector
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo

UK Residence card type

Post by Infocollector » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:59 pm

I have a UK RESIDENCE CARD.

Type of permit: PERMANENT RESIDENCE
At the bottom of the card it is written: "Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen"
At the back of the card it is written: "EU Right to Reside"

My question:
After divorcing from EU citizen wife what will happen to my status? will i loose my permanent residence?

Note: i have one child (who has a EU passport) that spends 3 days a week with me and i am paying child maintenance.

Will i still be considered as an "EU family member" (my child is European)?

Casa

Re: UK Residence card type

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Infocollector wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:59 pm
I have a UK RESIDENCE CARD.

Type of permit: PERMANENT RESIDENCE
At the bottom of the card it is written: "Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen"
At the back of the card it is written: "EU Right to Reside"

My question:
After divorcing from EU citizen wife what will happen to my status? will i loose my permanent residence? NO

Note: i have one child (who has a EU passport) that spends 3 days a week with me and i am paying child maintenance.

Will i still be considered as an "EU family member" (my child is European)?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.