ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP. Registering marriage in Spanish Consulate

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MariaU
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

HELP. Registering marriage in Spanish Consulate

Post by MariaU » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:31 am

Hi there! I was hoping someone can help me.

I am a Philippine passport holder married to a Spanish citizen. We got married in Sydney, Australia in April 2017 where we were on student visas. Our visas have since ended and we have left Australia permanently. We are currently in transit in Los Angeles USA I am also a green card holder. We are trying to register our marriage in the consulate here in LA. However, the next appointment to do so is un JUNE. This is a problem for us because my husband can only be there until March 28 (he is on a Visa Waiver Program). Additionally, we plan to move to Spain after leaving here. I have contacted the consulate asking them for help explaining our situation but they said we just have to wait for an appointment slot to open up from cancellation.

Should I just apply for a tourist visa and we can just register our marriage there? Our only worry there is that they might be more stringent with the visa process since our marriage isn't registered in Spain. Also, we are worried that when we get to Spain, it will take just as long to register our marriage there and my tourist visa might expire.

Please I hope someone can help me with this matter. I am going crazy with it!!!!

:shock:

Thank you all in advance!!

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: HELP. Registering marriage in Spanish Consulate

Post by dan1988uk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:12 pm

You can request a Schengen visa as a spouse on Spanish citizen at any Spanish embassy in the world, I don’t know about Spanish law but Italy for example requires that the marriage is registered in Italy but it’s the embassy itself to do it.