ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bormandlili
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Bormandlili » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:45 pm

I have applied on 21/12/2017 through NCS.
I can see here that january applications already got their approval.this is not fair.why does HO do that?!!!!🙁😔

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Bormandlili wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:45 pm
I can see here that january applications already got their approval.this is not fair.why does HO do that?!!!!🙁😔
Likely because they applied using the ONLINE form, which is resulting in quicker decisions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

randomperson
Latvia

Post by randomperson » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:52 pm
Bormandlili wrote:
Likely because they applied using the ONLINE form, which is resulting in quicker decisions.
It's still irksome seeing people that applied significantly later get processed earlier - especially for those of us that applied very shortly before the online form was announced/released.

fairness777
Newly Registered

Post by fairness777 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:07 pm

I have applied on the 1st December 2017 and saw those applied in January 2018 have already received their papers. Not sure, but I think that they randomly make the decision in some cases and put the rest aside and say do not contact. Otherwise, they simply could update you. So frustrating and unfair.

Kurabor

Re: following my post on 16/02

Post by Kurabor » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Samr33 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:23 am
Kurabor wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 pm
Samr33 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 pm
I am over the 6-month deadline now. I have contacted the HO. They sent me this email today. Apart from contacting my MP, if anyone has got any advice that would be great. I met all the requirements, so I do not understand why it is taking so long.

Dear Mr XX,

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.

Yours Sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration[/color][/color]
I had exactly the same email when I was over the 6 months. I applied on 27th of April 2017 but still no answer from home office. I contacted mp , solicitors. They keep saying wait. Hopefully youres not going to be like mine . Very stressful.
What did your MP say?
He contacted home office twice and they said to him that they waiting for good character check results from some enternal agency's. Still waiting I have no idea how long i have to wait. Hopefully we get the results soon.

akz

Post by akz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:15 am

I got the following reply from <FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

We will endeavour to conclude your application at the earliest opportunity and we will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete. Please be assured that, as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly.
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:58 am

I am arbic italian the same aply 6 November me an my son still waiting dont warry well good news soon asha allh

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Re: BRITISH NATURALISATION ABSENCES AND THE CONCEPT OF ESTABLISHING FAMILY AND THE SUBSTANTIAL PART OF ESTATE

Post by Ciaocico » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:37 pm

shahfurqanali wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 pm
HI DEARS SOME SOLID GUIDANCE NEEDED FROM ALL OF RESPECTED MEMBERS.

I GOT MY ILR BACK IN 2015 BUT UNFORTUNATELY I MADE SERIOUS MISTAKES AND BECAUSE OF MY FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES I SPENT OUT MORE TIME OUTSIDE THE UK.I HAVE CHECKED OUT MY ABSENCES THOROUGHLY BUT UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT QUALIFY FOR BC UNDER FIVE YEARS CATEGORY UNTIL 2023.AT THE SAME TIME LUCKILY I DO QUALIFY UNDER THE ABSENCES OF 730 DAYS.THOUGH I HAVE BEEN IN THE UK SINCE JANUARY 2005 BUT DURING THE LAST SEVEN YEARS OF RESIDENCE THE TOTAL NUMBER OF DAYS I HAVE SPENT OUTSIDE THE UK ARE 726 BUT THERE IS ANOTHER CONDITION MENTIONED WHICH IS JUST PUTTING ME DOWN AND THAT CONDITION IS THAT IF YOUR ABSENCES ARE UP TO 730 DAYS THEN WE WILL EXPECT YOU HAVE BEEN RESIDENT IN THE UK OF THE LAST SEVEN YEARS AND YOU HAVE ESTABLISHED YOUR FAMILY AND A SUBSTANTIAL PART OF ESTATE.
I DO QUALIFY FOR THE FIRST CONDITION BUT UNFORTUNATELY I AM WAY BEHIND TO FULFIL THE SECOND CONDITION BECAUSE I AM MARRIED AND I HAVE GOT KIDS BUT THEY DO NOT LIVE WITH ME AS THEY ALL LIVE IN PAKISTAN AND THEY NEVER CAME HERE AND SECONDLY I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY AND DO NOT HAVE A SINGLE INVESTMENT BUT I HAVE GOT MUCH DEBTS TO PAY AND I AM A DEFAULTER BUT NOT A BANKRUPT.BY DEFAULTER I MEAN THAT I WAS AND I AM STILL IN A SITUATION THAT CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY EVEN THE MINIMUM PAYMENT TO THE CREDITORS SO I CONTACTED THE ONE DEBT CHARITY ORGANISATION AND AFTER THE PROCESS I AM PAYING EVERY MONTH SOME AMOUNT AND THEY ARE DISTRIBUTING AMONGST THE CREDITORS BUT I HAVE NEVER STOPPED PAYMENTS AND THERE IS NOT ANY CIVIL JUDGEMENT SO FAR AGAINST ME.NOW I WILL SUM UP THE STORY TO A CONCLUSION AND WILL ASK THE HONOURABLE MEMBERS TO PLEASE PUT THEIR INPUT IN MY CASE AND GIVE ME ADVICE ARE THERE CHANCES TO TAKE RISK OR THEY STRICTLY FOLLOW THE SECOND CONDITION BECAUSE ITS VERY HARD FOR ME TO STAY IN THIS COUNTRY UNTIL 2023 TO GET INTO THE FIVE YEARS CATEGORY BECAUSE OF MY FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES.

I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR GUYS INPUT.
THANKS
Sorry 😐 my opinion 30% but same times if you have family 60% good luke

twgal

Post by twgal » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 pm

The online applications are incredibly fast... I've applied on the 3rd of January via NCS and it's so frustrating to see that many January applications are already approved. (also some NCS ones).

From the moment we submitted biometrics the method of application should not make a difference... they should process applications in a queue but it appears they aren't. Our applications are quite straightforward, EU citizens 5+1, always worked full time, no long absences, no good character issues.. absolutely nothing that should hold back things.

Samr33
Newly Registered
France

Post by Samr33 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am

twgal wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 pm
The online applications are incredibly fast... I've applied on the 3rd of January via NCS and it's so frustrating to see that many January applications are already approved. (also some NCS ones).

From the moment we submitted biometrics the method of application should not make a difference... they should process applications in a queue but it appears they aren't. Our applications are quite straightforward, EU citizens 5+1, always worked full time, no long absences, no good character issues.. absolutely nothing that should hold back things.
I have applied on 15/08/17 with 5yrs ILR + 5, no criminal record and always in FT employment. Hopefully, yours will be quicker

Bormandlili
Newly Registered

Post by Bormandlili » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:52 pm
Bormandlili wrote:
Yes,I think so.but after biomtric done there should not be a difference between online and the other method.because they should do all checks for every body.I think they process the online applications faster to encourage people to use online service.
Very frustrating wait😩

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:48 pm

Samr33 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am
twgal wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 pm

I have applied on 15/08/17 with 5yrs ILR + 5, no criminal record and always in FT employment. Hopefully, yours will be quicker
I am arbic italian like 4 month nothing I don’t no why people original arbic or Moslem you need mor taime any way I am waiting I am 100%oky I hop good news fro me and everyone

Didiér
Newly Registered

Post by Didiér » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 am

akz wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Hi everyone,

It is so quiet for the November 2017 month.

Any news from the friends who applied in Nov 2017.

Regards
akz
AKZ
I did submitted my application same period.The date shown on my certificate of application is the 6th of November 2017. Am still waiting as well.But hopefully I should hear from them soon all things being equal because last year I did same application which was refused it took them for months to get back to me from the date signed on the certificate of application as well.So I am here hoping by the 6th of March which will make it 4 months exactly, I should be able to know what my decision is like.Bless fingers crossed...

Samr33
Newly Registered
France

Post by Samr33 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:41 am

Has anyone waited more than 6 months with a positive outcome?

akz

Post by akz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:08 am

Didiér wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 am
akz wrote:
Hi everyone,

Regards
akz
AKZ
I did submitted my application same period.The date shown on my certificate of application is the 6th of November 2017. Am still waiting as well.But hopefully I should hear from them soon all things being equal because last year I did same application which was refused it took them for months to get back to me from the date signed on the certificate of application as well.So I am here hoping by the 6th of March which will make it 4 months exactly, I should be able to know what my decision is like.Bless fingers crossed...
I sent the email yesterday to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk again and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail. As per my previous response of 12th February, All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 07th Nov 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker. Your application has not yet been decided."

At least I know my application has not yet been decided so no more waiting for postman for at least one week.

Finger cross

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:50 am

akz wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:08 am
Didiér wrote:
akz wrote:
Hi everyone,

Regards
akz
AKZ
I sent the email yesterday to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk again and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail. As per my previous response of 12th February, All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 07th Nov 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker. Your application has not yet been decided."

At least I know my application has not yet been decided so no more waiting for postman for at least one week.

Finger cross
Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 06th November 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Thank you

FMT The same 😏😏😏😏😏

akz

Post by akz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 pm

Ciaocico wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:50 am
akz wrote:
Didiér wrote:
akz wrote:
Hi everyone,

Regards
akz
AKZ

Finger cross
Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 06th November 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Thank you

FMT The same 😏😏😏😏😏
but my one had the extra bit Your application has not yet been decided

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:06 pm

akz wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 pm
Ciaocico wrote:
akz wrote:
Didiér wrote:

AKZ

Finger cross

Thank you

FMT The same 😏😏😏😏😏
Yes, it is a normal answer for all people not decided any way good news for everyone ensha allh

randomperson
Latvia

Post by randomperson » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 pm

Ciaocico wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:06 pm
akz wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 pm
Ciaocico wrote:
akz wrote:

Finger cross

Thank you

FMT The same 😏😏😏😏😏
Yes, it is a normal answer for all people not decided any way good news for everyone ensha allh
Yep, that's the sort of email I had back too. I did explain to them that I was emailing just to double check it hadn't already been decided. Post delivery is really erratic on my street (complaints have been made) so I'm extremely worried that they'll send the letter and I'll not receive it...

nobu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by nobu3 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:10 am

Hi guys

I am really frustrated, it’s been more than 3 weeks
Since when I received my approval letter until now
I didn’t receive the invitation to the ceremony
Ring the council still nothing 😡😡😡😡😡
Be waiting for the postman like mad

Samr33
Newly Registered
France

Post by Samr33 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:11 pm

nobu3 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:10 am
Hi guys

At least you have been approved. I am over the 6 months now and still waiting for approval :(

fairness777
Newly Registered

Post by fairness777 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Samr33 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:11 pm
nobu3 wrote:
Hi guys

At least you have been approved. I am over the 6 months now and still waiting for approval :(
How come some people can get their approvals in JUST 1 MONTH and others must wait forever with no answer. This is a psychological torture which is even worse than physical torture. :( :( :( :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm

fairness777 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:57 pm
Samr33 wrote:
nobu3 wrote:
Hi guys

How come some people can get their approvals in JUST 1 MONTH and others must wait forever with no answer. This is a psychological torture which is even worse than physical torture. :( :( :( :(
It is mostly the applicants who used the new online form that are getting quick approvals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brand

Post by Brand » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:09 pm

fairness777 wrote:
Samr33 wrote:
nobu3 wrote:
Hi guys

Yes, I agree. Applied mid November still no news whereas I have seen some of those who applied in mid January claim they already got their outcome! Life has never been fair anyway!

fairness777
Newly Registered

Post by fairness777 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm
fairness777 wrote:
Samr33 wrote:
nobu3 wrote:
Hi guys

It is mostly the applicants who used the new online form that are getting quick approvals.
They at least should be able to update you on your case. Leaving you in limbo with no answer whatsoever, it's a psychological torture. Everyday checking your postbox to see if you have any letter.