ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 am

maggi wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:17 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:33 pm
iqkhanuk wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:51 pm
Can some one explain that pls

I have ILR and looking to fill AN for BC.

Do I need to fill another form for british passport if so which one is that. While searching this forum it looks like this can be done under one application.

In that case which application is that which covers the whole process BC + passport.

Do I need to fill in this online form as well and send to HO as a seperate copy. I browse through it and it seems that we can print and send that form also.

So how many forms we need to fill in and send for same application BC + passport.

many thanks
You cannot use the online form if you want to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time which can also only be done through NCS. You will need to complete thr paper form AN and the passport form to do this.

This is confusing. You cannot or you can? my local council website states:

"With immediate effect any NCS appointments booked from 22 January 2018 are not eligible to apply for a British Passport using the Joint Citizenship and Passport Service (JCAP). If you wish to use the Joint Citizenship and Passport (JCAP) Service, you should NOT make an NCS appointment but apply for Citizenship online and make an appointment with us for the Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) within 10 working days of applying online. NDRS is available in Hillingdon from 30 January 2018, see our website after this date for information and how to make an appointment."

the .gov site also adds to confusion, in the apply online section https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an,
  • Nationality document return service states: "If you want to make a joint citizenship and passport application, you must also use this online service."
  • Nationality checking service stats: If you want to make a joint citizenship and passport application, then you must apply through the nationality checking service.
Please advise how can we make both nationality and passport applications together, without sending the original documents?
Thanks
Clearly then using the online form and NDRS service as the quote you have stated says.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

renkia
Newly Registered

Post by renkia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of filling the online form for naturalisation and I am stuck with the following

Have you lived at the current address for the last 5 years)
Answer: No

Please provide previous address
Date from - ?
Date to- ?

It does not ask me from what date I am living at my current address. which is from 2014
So do I just put in the previous address details there and presume they then calculate date to for the current address..

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Please can somebody help me with this question

I am submitting my online application tomorrow and got confused about the partner part, I am single but have children with my ex but we were never married. What do I say about the part where it asked if you’ve been married or had children with someone other than the person you are applying with. I am making a single application, what doni reply to that

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Mad1 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 pm
Please can somebody help me with this question

I am submitting my online application tomorrow and got confused about the partner part, I am single but have children with my ex but we were never married. What do I say about the part where it asked if you’ve been married or had children with someone other than the person you are applying with. I am making a single application, what doni reply to that
If you are single and not in a relationship/marriage, then you are not applying 'WITH' anyone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks but do I need to fill in the name of my children’s father?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 pm

Mad1 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:24 pm
Thanks but do I need to fill in the name of my children’s father?
If he is NOT your CURRENT partner, then no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Please do you know what documents HO requires apart from the obvious, do they need p60s and payslips? I am a Nigerian

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 pm

Hello again
Please, I am still confused about this question about previous relationships of mine the question is “have you been married or in a civil partnership before or had children with anyone other than the partner you are applying to remain with in the uk”

I have never been married but I have had children and I am applying on my own

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 am

Mad1 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 pm
Hello again
Please, I am still confused about this question about previous relationships of mine the question is “have you been married or in a civil partnership before or had children with anyone other than the partner you are applying to remain with in the uk”

I have never been married but I have had children and I am applying on my own
You are overthinking it. If you were NOT married, you are SINGLE for the purpose of your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks. I’ve submitted the online application and will go to the council to send documents on Thursday. Fingers crossed and I’ll update soon.
Thank you for the help

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:22 pm

By the way, any idea of what documents they need for proof of residency pls

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Mad1 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:22 pm
By the way, any idea of what documents they need for proof of residency pls
After you have completed the application online, it will tell you a list of documents to submit.

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:40 pm

I got that but just want to know what kind of proof are they asking for as a proof of living in UK. They will have my passport

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 pm

Please help me make this decision
I’ve submitted my online application and have an appointment to go to the council to check documents and sent but I am now wondering if it would be quicker to just post it tomorrow myself tomorrow. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

danseb
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by danseb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:18 am

Hi I have a question about the referee form, I have previously filled the paper form (2017 version), had my referees filled it up and sign this January, however I haven’t been able to send it for other reasons, anways, would it be possible to apply online but when going to the NCS appointment bring the previously filled section of the referees? how much does it differ from the regular paper one? I really don’t want to bother my referees again to have them refill another form.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:32 pm

danseb, I was in the same situation with my daughter. I had the 2017 form ready to post but then realised there was a new version the day my wife took it to the Post Office. So, I phoned her when she was in the queue and told her to bring it back with the idea of filling the 2018 version.

Finally I decided to do it online but use the referees section from the 2017 paper form. I did not use NCS, just posted the supporting documents and included a cover letter explaining that as far as I could understand from reading the rules, the requirement was to include the referees declaration, but both the paper form and the downloadable one from the online application served the same purpose and met the requirements.

18 days later she has received her naturalisation certificate. So, I would say, it can be done, but send a cover letter explaining why and tell them that in case it is not acceptable they let you know so you have a chance to get the referees sign the new form.

rents_78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by rents_78 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi,
I am a EU citizen and I understand I should be able to submit by National ID card, rather than the passport. However, I am doing the online application and under "mandatory documents" it says "the passport issued by Italy for Mr XXXX YYYY".

However in the same page later on it says that I need to submit "evidence of identity" and they give a choice of Passport, National ID card etc.
It also states that you need to provide the document used for the life in the UK test. Since I used my ID, does it mean I need to provide both my passport and national ID?
Last edited by rents_78 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rents_78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by rents_78 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 pm

Furthermore, it says that I need to provide letters from my employers indicating my presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.
I thought that having a "permanent Residence" card was sufficient as I have already had to provide such documents at that time.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:19 pm

rents_78 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 pm
Furthermore, it says that I need to provide letters from my employers indicating my presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.
I thought that having a "permanent Residence" card was sufficient as I have already had to provide such documents at that time.
If PR card is acceptable it would be included in the list of acceptable documents - I can see your reasoning.

However, I recommend you submit what is requested, i.e. the letters of employment. I would not assume anything when filling in your application. PR is dealt with under EEA regulations, BC under UK nationality laws.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Gemma3
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by Gemma3 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi all,
I have few queries regarding online application:

- I am asked to enter my Home address ( current ) and then previous addresses. I should list last 5 years addresses. I am not able to add the length of the period I live in my current house. Therefore should I add it in 'previous addresses" section? All other addresses have an end date and current address doesn't. Do I put the date of application as an end date to current address?

- Same with work. It asks current job and then a list of previous work in 10 years. Do I need to repeat it in my past work or no? Here it has an option to add start date and it is stated as current so shows full period.

- - For proof of English I ticked that I have a degree taught in English and I have a diploma to prove it. However, in required documents to submit sectiont proof of English is not listed. Of course I will provide it, but it is quite strange why it does not appear in that list?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:08 am

Gemma3 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:06 pm
Hi all,
I have few queries regarding online application:

- I am asked to enter my Home address ( current ) and then previous addresses. I should list last 5 years addresses. I am not able to add the length of the period I live in my current house. Therefore should I add it in 'previous addresses" section? All other addresses have an end date and current address doesn't. Do I put the date of application as an end date to current address?

- Same with work. It asks current job and then a list of previous work in 10 years. Do I need to repeat it in my past work or no? Here it has an option to add start date and it is stated as current so shows full period.

- - For proof of English I ticked that I have a degree taught in English and I have a diploma to prove it. However, in required documents to submit sectiont proof of English is not listed. Of course I will provide it, but it is quite strange why it does not appear in that list?
End date is not relevant if it is the current address/work. Simply state 'present' if the online form allows it.

If your degree from a UK university??

When did you apply for and get Indefinite Leave to Remain or are you on the EEA route with PR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NGuntu
Newly Registered
India

Post by NGuntu » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:05 am

plabo wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:30 pm
NGuntu wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm
Hello Shakeerah

I am about to use this service to apply now, but I am worried that I will not receive my current passport and BRP card back as I have a holiday planned in 2 months.

Did you receive your documents in 15 days?

Thanks,
N Guntu
Use NDRS service, complete the online form. Take all the documents to your council. they will take the photocopies and will return your original document. And make you sure you get the appointment in advance because you need to send your document within 10 days of your application.

Thanks a lot,

My online application is all ready apart from the fee payment.

I am planning to secure an NDRS appointment first and then make the payment online a day before my NDRS appointment.

Do you think this is the safe plan?

Thanks,
N Guntu
[/quote]

Yes this plan is the safest and right way to do it.

Am submitting payment online on same day, council and also biometrics on same day.
[/quote]

How can I book the biometrics on the same day?

Also, I am applying for the passport on the same day along with the naturalization documents? Is this possible if I use the NDRS? It is all a bit too confusing. But do I have to submit my Indian passport with the British passport application or will the NDRS check and return my Indian passport for the passport application as well?

Thanks for your help.
N Guntu

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:12 pm

You can do biometrics same day as once you pay, a biometric letter will be generated online. You don't need to book an appointment for giving your biometrics. Just take it to a participating post office with this facility same day or next day.

You can apply for a passport at the same time using NDRS and they will copy your Indian passport and return it back along with all other originals except the LIUK Test report which has to be submitted in original form.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi Everyone, Could someone please confirm how does the "must be in the country 5 years ago" rule calculated here?

My assumption is that 5 years are counted from the day I Submit my application online and pay the fees. After that on the date I drop my documents at the council, I could have been outside the country 5 years ago (as long as I go submit within the 10 day stipulated window).

Is my understanding right? Thanks alot!

KRISSKIN
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by KRISSKIN » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 pm

I have got little issue. Online form-question:
enter your permanent number: number of my card
enter date of issue: 13 july 2017
-question is my document said -you acquired permanent residence status : 01.06.2016
just wonder if HO will not misunderstand my date when and I'm able to apply for citizenship.
anybody got same queries ? advise me please.