ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for Retained rights application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

1983H
Newly Registered
Albania

Evidence for Retained rights application

Post by 1983H » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:22 am

Hi,

Facts of my case......

Married euro national in April 2012. Came to uk in June 2012, applied for a 5 year residence card which expires soon. I plan on Submitting an application for retained right of residence based on divorce. Lived with EU national for one year but then they left and started living with someone else. We have been married but separated ever since. I have had lots of trouble locating and making contact. I only initiated divorce proceedings in Jan this year so am still awaiting my decree absolute. We have both been living and working in the uk since 2012. I have evidence of this, plus one year cohabitation and Id.

Does this sound enough? Will one year cohabitation be sufficient? do I need to show I lived together in marriage for 3 years? I'm confused! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Evidence for Retained rights application

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:18 am

You must submit evidence that your spouse is a qualified person exercising treaty rights at the time of the divorce decree absolute. You also needs your spouse ID or certified copy.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Evidence for Retained rights application

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:05 am

There are some confusions in your statement.You said you have difficulties contacting her, but have evidence she has been continuously working since 2012 and have her ID. That does not seem like a person that you have had difficulties contacting.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors