ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Themed to prove sole responsibility

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bds2201
Newly Registered

Themed to prove sole responsibility

Post by Bds2201 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Ian British citizen and my son is in the Ivory Coast. I will turn 17 in April. I just got refused entry t to the UK BECAUSE I NEED TO PROVE THAT I HAVE SOKE RESPONSABILITY.
I am the only one on the birth certificate . No dad been present in his life. He was looked after my father that passed away in 2009 leaving him with my mum.
My mum is retiring this year and can no longer look after him. He is drop out of school as he failed his exams.
My question is what do I need to provide to prove SOLE RESPONSABILITY.
I have the western union transfers sent to my mum over the last 7 years.
I have some emails dated 2013.
Vibes communication.
I am so worried that the appeal will be refused.
Shall I be the representative at the hearing or hire a solicitor?

Any advice or suggestion as I am so lost and desperate for answers.
Many thanks

vinny

Re: Themed to prove sole responsibility

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:47 pm

See also sole responsibility. Do you make the important decisions in his life?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:47 pm
See also sole responsibility. Do you make the important decisions in his life?
Indeed. Examples of this could include but not limited to , who decides what school he goes to, what hospital treatment he receives, provide for his sustenance, contacts you have maintained with him since you came to the UK, an affidavit that no father has been present in his life since he was born. A confirmation from your mother that she was a mere carer and that all decisions in the child's life have been made by you. The frequency of your visit to him in Ivory Coast. Regularity of contacts with him. He will also be expected to provide a Statement as he is 17. Such statement will be taken into consideration.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bds2201
Newly Registered

Post by Bds2201 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Hello . You just made my day. Thank you so much for your reply.
This is a bit clearer for me now however I have some more questions
I have sole responsabily but as we are in the ivory coast , we normally don't put in writing.
My mum has called me every time there is an important decision to make. So

Do you think I should put it in writing now and certify the document? or I just need to put in my statement?
I also have to prove that no one else can care for him.
He lives with my mother and my brother and sisters. Do I have to provide their birth certificate as they are only 25 an 21 years old.
As the immigration officer mentions that because he lives with uncles and unites , we need to prove than they can not care for him?

Also I have a new born and is it necessary to mention that my first son would like to reunite with his half brother?

As for affidavit , we didn't have one, if we do one now, will it be still valid. And who make the affidavit? My mother or me?
Do you think a solicitor is necessary ? as I was thinking going to the appeal and provide all the documents needed such as contacts, statements etc.
One last question. I paid for everything and my son applied from the ivory cost do you think I can do the appeal here as I am the mother and the sponsor. OR THAT IT HAVE TO BE MY SON WHO APPEALS?

You have no idea how thankful I am of your reply. Many thanks

dazzle

Post by dazzle » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:18 am

Your situation is very similar to my wife's. We had not been advised to do affidavits, so thank you for sharing. We will do this also.

We had been advised to for my wife to get sole custody through the court in home country, but we were unable to do this. Maybe this is something you can look into in Brazil.

dazzle

Post by dazzle » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:27 am

I meant Ivory Coast, don't know why I typed Brazil.
(We have not applied yet)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:01 am

Sole custody is not the only means by which sole responsibility can be proven.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors