ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Youth Mobility Tier 5 (UK) Requires CoS & Employer Sponsorship Number (Australian)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

h3xtrooper
Newly Registered
Australia

Youth Mobility Tier 5 (UK) Requires CoS & Employer Sponsorship Number (Australian)

Post by h3xtrooper » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:11 am

I'm applying for the Youth Mobility Visa as an Australian citizen. I've selected Yes to the question asking if I am from a list of countries including Australia that do not require a Certificate of Sponsorship.

The second or third question asks if I have a Certificate of Sponsorship. When I select no, it has a big giant warning saying that it is required for this application and will likely be refused. I can continue the application though.

I get stuck halfway through as it is requesting an employer's sponsor licence number from a Certificate of Sponsorship that I don't have / don't believe that I need?

In all of the official handbook and documentation it explicitly states that I do not need either of them if I am not from North Korea or Hong Kong.

In all areas of my application it also clearly states - Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) visa - Youth Mobility Scheme

Anyone come across this problem / have any idea what I'm doing wrong? This is doing my head in, I'm almost going to apply for a German working holiday instead because this doesn't make any sense.

vinny

Re: Youth Mobility Tier 5 (UK) Requires CoS & Employer Sponsorship Number (Australian)

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:22 am

I think you may be correct.
Interpretation wrote:“Deemed sponsorship status” means that the country or territory is not required to issue its nationals or passport holders with a Certificate of Sponsorship in order to enable a successful application under the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme and is held by a country or territory listed as such at Appendix G of these Rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Youth Mobility Tier 5 (UK) Requires CoS & Employer Sponsorship Number (Australian)

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

h3xtrooper
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by h3xtrooper » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:32 am

I think this has to be some kind of technical glitch?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:56 am

Probably. It's talking about a Certificate of Sponsorship from a UK sponsor.

This seems to be relevant to Tier 5 (Temporary worker) and not Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme)?

beckw
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by beckw » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:05 pm

I am having this exact same issue. I too thought I was going insane.

madstokes
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by madstokes » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:21 am

I'm having the same problem. And annoying it costs £5.48 to send them an email enquiry!

Anyone figured out how to get around this?

madstokes
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by madstokes » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:27 am

I've posted on the UK Govt Facebook page as it's all I could think to do: weblink removed by moderator to protect your privacy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 am

madstokes wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:27 am
I've posted on the UK Govt Facebook page as it's all I could think to do: weblink removed by moderator to protect your privacy
Hi - I am attempting to apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) visa - Youth Mobility Scheme visa, and the application is prompting me to in put a Sponsor Licence Number. I am from Australia which according to all the information related to this visa, does not require a Certificate of Sponsorship. I've noticed a couple of others have had the same issue recently - could this be a glitch in the web form? I'd appreciate if someone could get back to me on this ASAP. Thanks.

See forum discussion:
Youth Mobility Tier 5 (UK) Requires CoS & Employer Sponsorship Number (Australian) - Immigrationboards.com
I m applying for the Youth Mobility Visa as an Australian citizen. I ve selected Yes to the question asking if I am from a list of countries including Australia that do not require a Certificate of Sponsorship. The second or third question asks if I ..
IMMIGRATIONBOARDS.COM
You are unlikely to get a response from a general government FB page and we don't usually allow FB links to be posted as you are exposing your FB page and personal information to 1000's of strangers on the forum, so link has been removed as it directs to your post immediately with your full name and link to your FB page, so the link has been removed and I have copied your post instead. We have many scammers and spammers on th forum who wait eagerly for personal details to be post, so best to be careful.

From their 'About Us' link in the page:
We’re happy to help you in any way that we can. Unfortunately, we can't answer individual customer service enquiries, but will direct to relevant information on GOV.UK where possible.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jaustralia
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Jaustralia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:34 pm

I had the exact same issue too. Any idea on why this is happening?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Bad website design?

chanfan31
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by chanfan31 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:40 pm

Any updates on this? I seem to be having the same problem and it is almost impossible to get hold of someone to ask via the phone in NZ

SharpStone
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SharpStone » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:15 am

Bump!! Anyone got any advice on this? I am having the same problem :cry:

alfreska
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by alfreska » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:22 am

When I applied in mid Sept 2018, the only 2 Sponsor related questions were:

1. What is the title of the job you are coming to the UK to do?
- I Put: Will look for job in my field if I get approved for the T5 YMS Scheme.
2. How much will you be paid in GBP per year to do this job?
- I Put: 0

Think it was probably a glitch that has been fixed now, as I never came across any Sponsor License Number page.

funnyman
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by funnyman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:23 am

alfreska wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:22 am

Think it was probably a glitch that has been fixed now, as I never came across any Sponsor License Number page.
did you get accepted?

zcfaxzl
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by zcfaxzl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:01 am

alfreska wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:22 am

May I ask if your application has been successful? I was also not sure what to put for these questions and worry they might affect the application as I haven't heard back yet. Thanks a lot!!