ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

urgent

Re: Tier 1 Dependant

Post by urgent » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi Carpra,

As long as your application is with Home office your spouse can travel to UK with the old dependant visa and after she comes here she should change it to Tier 1 dependant.

But once your tier 1 is approved(Before your spouse travels to UK ), then your wife old dependant visa also will be cancelled automatically and she can't travel UK...and she needs to apply for entry clearence once again as a dependant under Tier 1 before she travels.

But I request you to seek advice from Home office or some expert.

carpra wrote:Hi

I am in work permit now and i have a question on the dependant visa.

My spouse is in India and has a valid dependant visa issued for my work permit. I have applied for Tier 1 her in UK and awaiting the approval.

My question here is if my wife travels to Uk on the dependant visa issues for my work permit, can she successfully change to Tier 1 dependant after coming into UK ?

Another question When the dependant visa is issued for 12 months and if the base work permit is cancelled to revoked, what is the status of the dependant visa ? Does it become invalid as well?

Please advise me
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

carpra
Newly Registered
India

Post by carpra » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:31 pm

I have applied just for myself, i have not sent my wifes passport as she is in india now.
shivaa wrote:Hi ,
Didyou apply only for you or with your dependants?If so,
Did you send your wife's passport along with the application?

My spouse is in India and has a valid dependant visa issued for my work permit. I have applied for Tier 1 her in UK and awaiting the approval.

My question here is if my wife travels to Uk on the dependant visa issues for my work permit, can she successfully change to Tier 1 dependant after coming into UK ?

Another question When the dependant visa is issued for 12 months and if the base work permit is cancelled to revoked, what is the status of the dependant visa ? Does it become invalid as well?

Please advise me

urgent

Post by urgent » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:32 pm

Ashraya,

What GoB00st said is right, they don't need much time to reject an application...and its been one month so I believe it would have been approved.

It dependants on the person who picked up your phone and some ones phone...people are different...so they react differently.

Wait for the good result and update the forum...

All the best
Gob00st wrote:Hi Ashraya:

Don't worry, Bro, your case must have been approved and stamped already, otherwise it will not take that long for a simple rejection. Just waiting for the good news from you .

Regards,
Gob00st
ashraya wrote:Just spoke to HO to Ask for my status. The Person on the phone took my details (Reference Number, Name, and DOB) and checked on it. Initially, She said that they do not provide status checks for Tier-1 applications. I inisisted saying that I have a requirement to travel later this month, and I would like to understand if I need to send out an Urgent treatment form or not. After that, she put me on hold, and checked. She told me that its nearly been done, and will be despatched today or tomorrow, but would not tell me if the case was approved or not, as they are not supposed to inform the same over the phone.

I have half a feeling its been rejected, since on approval they did give out status to HSMPAspirant before.

Well, Guys, just keeping this thread updated.

Regards,
Ashraya
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

carpra
Newly Registered
India

Post by carpra » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi urgent thanks for the reply.

I called the home office and was advised to apply for Tier 1 Dependant Visa from india before travelling to UK.
urgent wrote:Hi Carpra,

As long as your application is with Home office your spouse can travel to UK with the old dependant visa and after she comes here she should change it to Tier 1 dependant.

But once your tier 1 is approved(Before your spouse travels to UK ), then your wife old dependant visa also will be cancelled automatically and she can't travel UK...and she needs to apply for entry clearence once again as a dependant under Tier 1 before she travels.

Please advise me

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi Ashraya,

Don't get tensed. As everybody else said, they don't take time to reject. Since its so long, it should have got approved.

Hop for the best.

Best of luck,
Abhishek

nauyf
Newly Registered

Post by nauyf » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:59 pm

th wrote:Sounds like you are the lucky one who is 27-year old or younger with a UK PhD. If you have 75 points then I don't think you need to necessarily claim points from the salary section. However you may want to make sure you have the required maintenance proof for the 10 points, even though without proving your salary.
Thank you th. I will pay attention to the maintenance point. :D

irf_bar

Hi Guys,

Post by irf_bar » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:17 pm

Is their any perticular reason we have to tell them(BIA) when we are calling to knew ours status.

Coz i try a lots of time, no body has given me proper reply. They are still keep saying me that BIA is not suppose to tell the status, but i didn't know how come the guys in this thread able to get their status.

As i was waiting for my aplication reply more than 28 days. I thought BIA should able to tell sum think about my aplication today. But the answer is the same.

any suggestions from the guys who know their satus. How they come to know their status. please advice.

Regards,
Irf

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi all,
I did engg degree in madurai kamaraj univ,itz listed in bia list, i got naric letter also.In my original marksheet ,clearly stated that medium of instruction is english.I thought of highlighting this in xerox copy of marksheet along with original and also separate covering letter for english section.Is this enough?Please clarify.
Thanks and regards,
Shivaa

Gob00st

Re: Hi Guys,

Post by Gob00st » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi irf:

Did you address the fact the 28 days has passed when you called BIA today? I thought they would definitely update your status after 28 days based on the BIA letter.I am still w8 for 28 days to pass.

I don't have specific reason when querying BIA for status. I've even tried the travel reason once, but didn't work for me actually, but it worth a try.
But like urgent said, different ppl gives you different reply, so my suggestion would be keeping trying more than once per day till you get a proper answer.

Regards,

Gob00st

irf_bar wrote:Is their any perticular reason we have to tell them(BIA) when we are calling to knew ours status.

Coz i try a lots of time, no body has given me proper reply. They are still keep saying me that BIA is not suppose to tell the status, but i didn't know how come the guys in this thread able to get their status.

As i was waiting for my aplication reply more than 28 days. I thought BIA should able to tell sum think about my aplication today. But the answer is the same.

any suggestions from the guys who know their satus. How they come to know their status. please advice.

Regards,
Irf

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:02 pm

Irf_bar:

I had partial success today in enquiring about status. Atleast they confirmed it was being dispatched. The one reason that might work (I know someone else posted that it worked) is that you mention that you are needed to travel, and want to find out if you can put in a urgent treatment form.

Regards,
Ashraya
irf_bar wrote:Is their any perticular reason we have to tell them(BIA) when we are calling to knew ours status.

Regards,
Irf

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:06 pm

Carpra:

The point you missed out is that when you apply for Tier-1, There is no fee for Dependants when their application goes with yours. If you apply later however, there is a fee of £350 per application.

Also, They have to go thru EC separately in India.

Regards,
Ashraya
carpra wrote:Hi urgent thanks for the reply.

I called the home office and was advised to apply for Tier 1 Dependant Visa from india before travelling to UK.

Please advise me

ash20

Post by ash20 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Can anyone let me know whats the proof of English they have provided in Tier 1 and has got approval. There is new rule of English Level C1 mentioned in Tier 1 policy guide. This is very confusing as iam unsure whether i should apply or not? I have got NARIC and taugh in english letter from University but this English level C1 is bothering me. Any help ,guidance or suggestion will be appreciated

Many thanks
Ash20

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Thanks Ashraya, Gob00st 4 replying,

good idea, lemme try this . i hope i will b success to get info.

Ashraya: so u told that urs applic is dispatch congrats, do u know result! that u have got approved or waiting for delivery.

Gob00st: S, i did told them i finished my 28 days and still no sign from them. D only answer i got that sorry we can't give you further any info on tier1 applic.

Any how i will try to ring them with urs ideas.

Regards,
Irf
ashraya wrote:Irf_bar:

I had partial success today in enquiring about status. Atleast they confirmed it was being dispatched. The one reason that might work (I know someone else posted that it worked) is that you mention that you are needed to travel, and want to find out if you can put in a urgent treatment form.

Regards,
Ashraya

Regards,
Irf
Last edited by irf_bar on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi Urgent ,
pls clarify my previous query.
Thank you so much.

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi Ashraya,
may be bcoz of your previous Hsmp attempt,they took so much time(compare to others) to decide.But i damn sure about your positive result.Hope you will post the good news tomm ...cheer up..

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi,
I'm planning to apply for Tier1 by this month end befort that i need some clarification...

This is regarding a doubt in Earning section....

i'm currently working in UK for last 9months & attain the required points by showing my last 9months earning(UK earning)...before that i worked in India...i would like to know whether i can claim point by showing only my UK earning i.e 9months Bank statement + Salary Slips or should i show my entire 12months earnings say UK(9months) + India(3months)..?

Next my current company gives me an salary slip in the format as shown in the link...http://www.payslipsplus.co.uk/ see "Standard green" format....i want to know whether it is an valid Pay slip format or should i need to get it sealed from my employer?,

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:06 pm

HI Lokesh,

You can show any period you want as far as it is with last 15 month of the day you apply. So you can apply with 9 months of salary if you are fine.

Secondly, its better if you get it sealed from your employer.

Abhishek
lokesh wrote:Hi,
I'm planning to apply for Tier1 by this month end befort that i need some clarification...

i'm currently working in UK for last 9months & attain the required points by showing my last 9months earning(UK earning)...before that i worked in India...i would like to know whether i can claim point by showing only my UK earning i.e 9months Bank statement + Salary Slips or should i show my entire 12months earnings say UK(9months) + India(3months)..?

Next my current company gives me an salary slip in the format as shown in the link...http://www.payslipsplus.co.uk/ see "Standard green" format....i want to know whether it is an valid Pay slip format or should i need to get it sealed from my employer?,

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi HSMPaspirant,
Did you show your IELTS for english?
Please clarify.
Thanks,
hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:Hi...I used my Indian masters for the points.

All the best!!! Have patience.....To my knowledge, they work in the order they receive the applications....

HSMPaspirant2007
wp2tier1 wrote:Congrats hsmpaspirant2007,

Lets hope we keep getting such good news. Did you use UK masters for your points?

I am asking bcos it seems people with UK masters are getting approvals faster. Any inputs from anyone else??

asiar08
Newly Registered

Post by asiar08 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:12 am

Hi,

I called yesterday to HO. The gentle lady told that i wil be receiving docs in couple of days.

Asia08

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks abhishek,
Getting seal from my employer is bit risky...i think it is better to attch P60 form which i might get in a month...anyway thanks for ur input...
Has anyone applied through an agency?....does applying through agency speeds up the process?...mine is an straight forward application with minimal document...but still i'm planning to go with agency to be in safer side?...any input from others who gone through agency?
abhishekagrawal79 wrote:HI Lokesh,

You can show any period you want as far as it is with last 15 month of the day you apply. So you can apply with 9 months of salary if you are fine.

Secondly, its better if you get it sealed from your employer.

Abhishek
lokesh wrote:Hi,

sidshekhar

Payment

Post by sidshekhar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:50 am

Hello,
I have a query. I have sent my documents through special delivery for Tier1 and status on the royal mail site says that it has reached PO BOX and is awaiting delivery/collection. Should I assume that documents has reached Tier1 processing center or royalmail has different status if package is picked up from PO BOX.Also most people have reported that their payment is taken the same day as application is received but in my case its 2 days and no payment taken. I sent a cheque.

Sid

shivaa

Re: Payment

Post by shivaa » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:13 am

Hi ,
Cheque takes 5 working days.Check in bia website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /howtopay/
regards,
sidshekhar wrote:Hello,
I have a query. I have sent my documents through special delivery for Tier1 and status on the royal mail site says that it has reached PO BOX and is awaiting delivery/collection. Should I assume that documents has reached Tier1 processing center or royalmail has different status if package is picked up from PO BOX.Also most people have reported that their payment is taken the same day as application is received but in my case its 2 days and no payment taken. I sent a cheque.

Sid

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:36 am

HI Asiar08:
Thanks for updating. Seems you long w8 will be end shortly,just w8 the great news from you.

Regards,
Gob00st
asiar08 wrote:Hi,

I called yesterday to HO. The gentle lady told that i wil be receiving docs in couple of days.

Asia08

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:00 am

I think if you are applying from India, we need to pay an extra amount of 600 pounds along with Main applicant's fee. Only for the application made within UK, the dependant application is free of charge. so 600+600 makes a lumpsum 1200 pounds for two. British High commission is making hell lot of money...uh
pls refer the following URLs for more info..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... rominindia

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/visafees.aspx

let me know if my understanding is wrong..

Rajkumar
ashraya wrote:Carpra:

The point you missed out is that when you apply for Tier-1, There is no fee for Dependants when their application goes with yours. If you apply later however, there is a fee of £350 per application.

Also, They have to go thru EC separately in India.

Regards,
Ashraya
carpra wrote:Hi urgent thanks for the reply.

Please advise me

dost halepoto

Post by dost halepoto » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:28 am

Dear All,
I am on student visa in UK, since one year, completing my degree in April. I wish to apply for tier-1 soon on the basis of my earings in my country where i was employed by company before arrival at UK.
1/Please could you advise that, are they accepting earnings from oversease which i earned in 12 months before coming to UK.
2/ What proof is required to show earnings from company.
Thank you
Dost