ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FM Application not received

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amadia1358
Newly Registered
Jamaica

EEA FM Application not received

Post by amadia1358 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi,

My wife (German) and I(American) submitted our application to the HO. It was signed for on Jan 30, 2018 and fee taken for one application on Feb 1, 2018. We received an email comfirmation which was for my wife (German) and nothing for me (American). I have call to enquire why the fee for the second application wasn't taken and I was told to wait 10 days because it can take upto that long. Called back and then told 6 weeks (which didn't sound right to me) so I called back a few days later. This time I got someone who listen to my explaination before cutting me off. I explained that we submited our application through the post ( both application in the same envelope). However, money was only taken for 1 application (EEA QP) and not (EEA FM), the customer representitive took my details and said someone will contact me in 4-5 days. Got a call back about 30 minutes later. He said there is no evidence of the my application, thats when I told him can't be because I have prove of it being signed for and that 65 Pounds was taken from our account. At that point he said " thats weird, looks like an oversight" and tells me the only thing he can suggest is to write to Liverpool explaining everything I told him. I did follow his suggestion and wrote a letter to them which was signed for at the Liverpool office Feb 21, 2018. Now all I can do is wait and wonder because information is not forthcoming? :shock: :roll:

Has anyone had this issue or know anyone this has happened to? How was it resolved? How long? and has it?
Are there anyway to talk some someone who can help locate my application? It feels like they (HO) keeps passing the buck and I need to chase them when I haven't a clue who to chase.
What are my rights in the process?

I have lost my job because I can not prove my right to work( I had COA from an earlier application that was refused because they said my wife didnt prove she was excerising her treaty right). So resubmitted the application. Also what are my rights in this instance.

I need to request my passport return but how can I when they say they don't have an application for me?

If I can get some guidance on how to proceed it is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

I am trying to keep positive but its trying when there isn't much info on what I can do or where to complain.

Thanks for y'alls time.