ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA in other European countries

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

henda1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

EEA in other European countries

Post by henda1980 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:53 am

here is the case:
My husband is German
I'm a non EU citizen
we want to live in a European country other than Germany
is there another country where we can apply for EEA or something similar in another country (not UK)
we want a country which is easier and have shorter time and procedure in granting citizenship

any help ?

Thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: EEA in other European countries

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:04 am

henda1980 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:53 am
My husband is German
I'm a non EU citizen
That is straightforward. As the spouse of an EEA citizen, you have the right to reside in any EEA member-state of which he is not a national himself, provided that he is exercising treaty rights (by working, etc) there. After five years of residence with him in that EEA member-state, you would acquire permanent residence in that member-state.
henda1980 wrote:
we want a country which is easier and have shorter time and procedure in granting citizenship
That is the tricky part. The requirements for national citizenship are set by individual countries themselves, not by the EU and hence there is a lot of variance between them. You could go through the EUDO Citizenship database to study the ways that citizenship can be acquired in each European country and then make a short list of the countries you want to try for.

Also see this similar pre-Brexit question.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

henda1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by henda1980 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:23 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:04 am
henda1980 wrote:
My husband is German
I'm a non EU citizen
That is straightforward. As the spouse of an EEA citizen, you have the right to reside in any EEA member-state of which he is not a national himself, provided that he is exercising treaty rights (by working, etc) there. After five years of residence with him in that EEA member-state, you would acquire permanent residence in that member-state.
henda1980 wrote:
That is the tricky part. The requirements for national citizenship are set by individual countries themselves, not by the EU and hence there is a lot of variance between them. You could go through the EUDO Citizenship database to study the ways that citizenship can be acquired in each European country and then make a short list of the countries you want to try for.

Also see this similar pre-Brexit question.
thank you for your answer

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Germany after 3 years for the spouse of a german citizen.
If the german immigration law is to much hassle maybe Surinder Singh route before.