ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varied Tier 1 Entre ext to ILR (LR) on 20-Feb-2018

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babo123
Newly Registered

Varied Tier 1 Entrepreneur ext to ILR LR

Post by babo123 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi All,

I need your urgent help to the following query.

Immigration history.
• I entered to UK in Feb-2008, and extend my student visa 2 times before visa expires valid until May-2011.
• Applied PSW before visa expire valid until May-2013
• Applied Tier 1 Extension in May-2013 before visa expired and visa got refused and appeal and all appeal exhausted in may-2012 and I made a fresh application within 28 days before the section 3C break and application approved by home office and visa valid until June 2017.
• In June 2017 applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur extension before visa expired and the decision is pending with home office.
During this period I completed my 10 yrs without breaking the section 3C and I varied my application last week at premium service but they withdraw my application by giving the reason: As defined on the Gov UK, it is not appropriate to submit application at a premium service centre where the case is complex because of personal circumstances.

Unfortunately this is would applied in your case as we would not be able to make a same day decision on the application as the original documents elsewhere in the home office and also mention application fee returned in 10 working days in my card.

1. My question is Can I book the appointment again at different premium service centre?
2. Section 3C breaks due to home office with draw my ILR LR application or not?
3. What’s the best option? Should I apply by post?
Thanks

marcnath

Re: Variied Tier 1 Entrepreneur ext to ILR LR

Post by marcnath » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:55 pm

1. Yes, you can. But why would you think the decision would be different ? Are you just hoping that someone else will make a mistake and let it through ?
2. No. HO rejected your application to vary your application (assuming you did not withdraw the extension), so your extension application continues to remain valid.
3. Yes, application by post is possibly the best option.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Varied Tier 1 Entrepreneur ext to ILR LR

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:29 pm

Complex applications will not be accepted at PSC. You should apply to vary to SET(LR) via post
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

babo123
Newly Registered

Post by babo123 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Zimba,

I dont think by case is complex because not tax amendment, no break in section 3c and I am lawfully in UK 10 yrs.

What do you think they consider my application if I book at different PSC?
Ta

babo123
Newly Registered

Post by babo123 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:55 pm
1. Yes, you can. But why would you think the decision would be different ? Are you just hoping that someone else will make a mistake and let it through ?
2. No. HO rejected your application to vary your application (assuming you did not withdraw the extension), so your extension application continues to remain valid.
Thanks for your prompt response.

To be honest I dont know what to do now. By post it take ages.

I am thinking to book it again at different PSC centre, what do you think it is worth to try.?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:13 pm

babo123 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 pm
Zimba,

I dont think by case is complex because not tax amendment, no break in section 3c and I am lawfully in UK 10 yrs.

What do you think they consider my application if I book at different PSC?
Ta
So you defined your OWN definition of complex ??? Majority of the cases that cannot be decided on the same day will be generally considered complex.
You will NEVER get a same day result in your case
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:19 pm

For my understanding. What is complex about this case?

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:32 pm

IT Can be anything like non-genuine business which they need to investigate or anything similar

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:32 pm

babo123 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 pm
marcnath wrote:

I am thinking to book it again at different PSC centre, what do you think it is worth to try.?

Thanks
Well, you have nothing to lose except putting in the application fee, which will get refunded later.

There have been many T1E applicants who went for LR reported in this Forum that was not decided on the same day - by its nature, once you had a T1E visa, it is more complex for the case worker to check that you have met the conditions (e.g. retaining access to funds until investment)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

babo123
Newly Registered

Post by babo123 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:14 am

marcnath wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:32 pm
babo123 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 pm
marcnath wrote:

Thanks
Well, you have nothing to lose except putting in the application fee, which will get refunded later.

There have been many T1E applicants who went for LR reported in this Forum that was not decided on the same day - by its nature, once you had a T1E visa, it is more complex for the case worker to check that you have met the conditions (e.g. retaining access to funds until investment)
Thanks Marcnath for your response,

If they did not take the same day decision, at least they will take the decision in 2-3 months time - but in the post it might be takes 1 yr or more if I am right.?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:23 am

If your extension is not yet assessed, then your case will be complex. This means based on what they think of your case, it will be delayed whether you apply premium or post.

babo123
Newly Registered

Post by babo123 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:22 am

zimba88 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:23 am
If your extension is not yet assessed, then your case will be complex. This means based on what they think of your case, it will be delayed whether you apply premium or post.
Thanks Zimba, For your promptly reply. I planned to travel outside UK in 2 months time if I apply by post it takes more than 2 months for the decision. I am bit confused what to do at the moment.

I dont know what should be the best option for me to apply by post or book it again PSC.?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Unfortunately the waiting can be quite long. You should put your plans on hold if you want to get your visa sorted. It could take several months in both cases in my view

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 pm

babo123 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:22 am
zimba88 wrote:
Thanks Zimba, For your promptly reply. I planned to travel outside UK in 2 months time if I apply by post it takes more than 2 months for the decision. I am bit confused what to do at the moment.

I dont know what should be the best option for me to apply by post or book it again PSC.?

Thanks
Your best bet would be to try writing in with reasons for your travel (if that is something that is critical) and request expediting of your extension application. If you do get it expedited, then you can finish your travel, come back and apply for same day ILR

babo123
Newly Registered

Post by babo123 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 pm
babo123 wrote:
zimba88 wrote:

Thanks
Your best bet would be to try writing in with reasons for your travel (if that is something that is critical) and request expediting of your extension application. If you do get it expedited, then you can finish your travel, come back and apply for same day ILR
Thanks for that marcnath,
Do you have a sample letter to request MP to help me to expedite my pending application with HO. which is already more than 8 months since I have applied?
Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:46 pm

babo123 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm
marcnath wrote:
babo123 wrote:
zimba88 wrote:

Thanks
Do you have a sample letter to request MP to help me to expedite my pending application with HO. which is already more than 8 months since I have applied?
Thanks
I don't but maybe someone else who has done it may have a suggestion

babo123
Newly Registered

Post by babo123 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:34 pm

marcnath wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:46 pm
babo123 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm
marcnath wrote:
babo123 wrote:

Thanks
Thanks
I don't but maybe someone else who has done it may have a suggestion
ok no problem. thanks for your reply.

sam20
Newly Registered

Post by sam20 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi

So have you posted the ILR (LR) application?
My PEO application for ILR has returned (not accepted) with the same letter as given to you as my T1 Ent Extension is pending for almost a year.
Same question I have, should i wait for them to decide the pending application or should i vary this time by post

Thanks

babo123
Newly Registered

Interview Letter from Home Office

Post by babo123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:31 pm

We applied a joint Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension application more than 8 months ago and decision was pending with home office. During this time I completed my 10 yrs and I varied Tier 1 entrepreneur extend to ILR (LR) application 2 weeks ago.
Today we received a letter from home Office:-
We would normally decide your application within 8 weeks from date it was submitted; unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.
This is because it is necessary to interview you in connection with your application further details, including the date; time and location for your interview will follow.
My questions are:
•I varied my application 2 weeks ago to ILR (LR) – Do I need to attend the interview with my partner or not?
•I varied my application 2 weeks ago and application fee taken out by HO from my account last Monday, but
I still did not receive biometric letter – How many days it takes usually to receive the biometric letter from
home office after we submitted the application by post.

Thanks for your all help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:39 pm

•I varied my application 2 weeks ago to ILR (LR) – Do I need to attend the interview with my partner or not?
You need to attend the interview as instructed by HO.
•I varied my application 2 weeks ago and application fee taken out by HO from my account last Monday, but
I still did not receive biometric letter – How many days it takes usually to receive the biometric letter from
home office after we submitted the application by post.
2-3 weeks on average

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:02 am

Just a quick question what does returned (not accepted) mean?
When applicant goes to a PSC they dont accept the application at all or they keep it give the applicant a further check letter then later send the application back?

Is it the same thing when applicant gets (application is valid but need further check) letter or it's different from that?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 am

thutmose wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:02 am
Just a quick question what does returned (not accepted) mean?
When applicant goes to a PSC they dont accept the application at all or they keep it give the applicant a further check letter then later send the application back?

Is it the same thing when applicant gets (application is valid but need further check) letter or it's different from that?

Thanks
'Not accepted' is NOT the same as 'kept for further checks'. Not accepted is like as if been never made :!:

babo123
Newly Registered

Post by babo123 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:52 pm
Topics merged.
Need to pay business rates or not.

We have registered our limited company at home and we are working based in client office and We are using 1 room in 3 bedroom flat as a office for meeting once in a week.

My question is do we need to pay business rates for that room or not.?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:11 pm

You should pay business rate as per law. This is not an immigration matter. Consult the council on this