ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kero
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by kero » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:43 am

access wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:15 am
If she is qualified to public funds that won’t affect your application pls, I applied feb 2017 and got my 30months visa in February 2018, my partner received housing benefits n other benefits...for me I don’t think it will affect your application cox I went through same thing and I got my 30months visa..
Thank you access and Congratulations
So your waiting time was 12 months, Did you chase them?
Do I need to send to HO my child passport?

Thank you for your advice

doctorsholly

Post by doctorsholly » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:38 pm

access wrote:
If she is qualified to public funds that won’t affect your application pls, I applied feb 2017 and got my 30months visa in February 2018, my partner received housing benefits n other benefits...for me I don’t think it will affect your application cox I went through same thing and I got my 30months visa..
Congratulations access, I wish you all the best. Did your partner claim also job seekers allowance and if yes was it claimed as a couple, just worried because my partner claimed as a couple and I don’t know if this will affect. I know you can claim child tax as couples but not sure about job seekers allowance, please share if your partners also claimed this. Thanks

Pmgiggle
- thin ice -
South Africa

Post by Pmgiggle » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm

kero wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:43 am
access wrote:
Thank you access and Congratulations
So your waiting time was 12 months, Did you chase them?
Do I need to send to HO my child passport?

Thank you for your advice
Hi Kero I know the waiting is terrible you just need to come down a bit we all going through the same situation,you don't need to send a newborns passport as long as you send the birth certificate I've got a newborn too so didn't need too. My waiting time 12month and 1 week.
Good luck it will come it's just that some wait longer than others.

access
Newly Registered

Post by access » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Yes she is receiving job seekers allowance, she does go sign for that, she has receiving it as a partner not as a couple, Mp played a big role with chase up letters and I did from my end too, my solicitor was a bit relunctant chasing home office, I always always calling them once in a month, I know God will grant everyone’s heart desire soon, the waiting time is frustrating, keep your hope alive and keep praying, prayers n patient is the key !

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:50 pm

@ Kero

My wife was working and we did sent payslips along children british passports + lots of documentation from every where just to prove we are living together.

If it's an extension then it should be fairly easy but waiting time is shocking.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 pm

In terms of benefits, we get child benefits and tax credit that's on joint name. When we applied many years ago, we did mention she was subject to immigration control.

She does not have recourse to public funds < and what i understand from this is that she can't apply for any benefits within her name only.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

doctorsholly

Post by doctorsholly » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:08 pm

access wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:16 pm
Yes she is receiving job seekers allowance, she does go sign for that, she has receiving it as a partner not as a couple, Mp played a big role with chase up letters and I did from my end too, my solicitor was a bit relunctant chasing home office, I always always calling them once in a month, I know God will grant everyone’s heart desire soon, the waiting time is frustrating, keep your hope alive and keep praying, prayers n patient is the key !
Okay. Thanks for the response. How many months did you wait before writing/ calling the HO and contacting MP ? When is the earliest one can start chasing them ? In regards to the job seekers allowanace; yes I meant that she claims as partner and she earns the full maximum amount I suppose.

access
Newly Registered

Post by access » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:20 pm

@doctorsholly Mp chasing letters started from 8th month after my application, I got my BRP Card 12months and 1 day...

hazza304
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hazza304 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:30 pm

hazza304 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:19 am
got divorce and applied for FLR(FP) on child bases who is now 4 years old.
Application date : 24th October 2016 (by post)
Biometric at post office : january 2017
No update since then
my solicitors wrote chase up letter on 28th december 2017 been nearly 2 momths and still no response!
Anyone else have been waiting like this?
finally my solicitor called me they received a letter from homeoffice asking for more evidence pictures with my kid, things i buyfor him those proofs, still visiting him proofs need to submit it by 8th march so lets see now how long it will take more as already been one year and half

hazza304
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hazza304 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:35 pm

just wanted to ask something to you guys. as i need to submit evidences to show them that i am visiting my kid even after submitting application in october 2016 and getting him things he needs. but i dnt have many pictures with him i do have his pictures which i take when i take him out but not mine in ther. i just got statement orinted from online account and now highlighting fuel transactions since i go visit my kid from manchester to southampton every fortnight and whatever big things i bought for him from my card also child maintenace payments highlighting thats all i have . do you think as i dnt take pictures with him together as i am not selfie maniac it will be a problem ? or is it gona be ok?

doctorsholly

Post by doctorsholly » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:41 pm

access wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:20 pm
@doctorsholly Mp chasing letters started from 8th month after my application, I got my BRP Card 12months and 1 day...
Congrats once again. Please enjoy your freedom 😊

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:50 pm

hazza304 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:35 pm
just wanted to ask something to you guys. as i need to submit evidences to show them that i am visiting my kid even after submitting application in october 2016 and getting him things he needs. but i dnt have many pictures with him i do have his pictures which i take when i take him out but not mine in ther. i just got statement orinted from online account and now highlighting fuel transactions since i go visit my kid from manchester to southampton every fortnight and whatever big things i bought for him from my card also child maintenace payments highlighting thats all i have . do you think as i dnt take pictures with him together as i am not selfie maniac it will be a problem ? or is it gona be ok?
A letter from doctor or school/ nursery will help better.

hazza304
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hazza304 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:31 pm

New on forum wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:50 pm
hazza304 wrote:
as i am in manchester and he is in southampton with my ex and he started nursery 15 hours per week free one so i had no chance to go to working days as its far but i do go on saturday regularly to spend time with him take him out get him what he needs like bikes tablet toys scooters costumes etc . what if i tell my ex to write a letter saying i do go visit my kid regularly and take him out buy him things and paying cms money regularly on time will that help at all ? if she writes something like this ? me and my ex were talking last weekend to increase his hours at nursery and i said i ll pay those extra hours dnt worry but it will start from april term untill august so thats not gona help me as i need to submit documents now

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:40 pm

hazza304 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:31 pm
New on forum wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:50 pm
hazza304 wrote:
as i am in manchester and he is in southampton with my ex and he started nursery 15 hours per week free one so i had no chance to go to working days as its far but i do go on saturday regularly to spend time with him take him out get him what he needs like bikes tablet toys scooters costumes etc . what if i tell my ex to write a letter saying i do go visit my kid regularly and take him out buy him things and paying cms money regularly on time will that help at all ? if she writes something like this ? me and my ex were talking last weekend to increase his hours at nursery and i said i ll pay those extra hours dnt worry but it will start from april term untill august so thats not gona help me as i need to submit documents now
Hello, type "active role in child's upbringing" on google and you will see few tribunal cases which outlines what amounts to meet the flr fp parent route requirement particularly 4.2.
Best of luck.

Himaloy2
Bangladesh

Post by Himaloy2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:25 am

Why homeoffice ask more current evidence after 13 month?is it good or excuse for refusal?

doctorsholly

Post by doctorsholly » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Himaloy2 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:25 am
Why homeoffice ask more current evidence after 13 month?is it good or excuse for refusal?
I suppose it’s good news, keep praying.

Jay900
Mexico

Post by Jay900 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:27 pm

doctorsholly wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:12 pm
Himaloy2 wrote:
Normally it’s good news

hazza304
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hazza304 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Jay900 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:27 pm
doctorsholly wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:12 pm
Himaloy2 wrote:
Normally it’s good news
i am just thinking they want to make sure i am still in touch with kid since i made an application on child base so asking for more evidence from last 15 months

hazza304
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hazza304 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:21 pm

just stressing out since HO asked to provide more evidence and cant stop asking u guys all these questions. you ppl r really helpful. i will dubmit all my bank transactions done for fuel going there and only few pics i’ve taken with my son and few receipts i still got online purchaed one only. i asked my ex wife to write a letter mentioning that i do visit regularly fortnightly to spend time with my kid and take him out and things but she declined. is it a problem? or HO will still give me visa for forst 2 years flr and i can go through contact order legal process and all or they wont even give me visa

Khanzxi
Newly Registered

Post by Khanzxi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 pm

Hazza304
Do u havw any existing child arrangement court order or consent order.
you should take picture eveeytime you visit your child
Only fuel receipt may not be accepted it if is not in the samw city where your child live..
Evertime you refill you should use local feul station Where your child reside
Your ex partner’s letter may help but if she refuse the HO understand the situation.

Khanzxi
Newly Registered

Post by Khanzxi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:01 pm

hazza304 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:21 pm
just stressing out since HO asked to provide more evidence and cant stop asking u guys all these questions. you ppl r really helpful. i will dubmit all my bank transactions done for fuel going there and only few pics i’ve taken with my son and few receipts i still got online purchaed one only. i asked my ex wife to write a letter mentioning that i do visit regularly fortnightly to spend time with my kid and take him out and things but she declined. is it a problem? or HO will still give me visa for forst 2 years flr and i can go through contact order legal process and all or they wont even give me visa

you must take some latest picture. before you send more evedence to HO you need to visit your child buy em some new cloths shoes and take pictures in different location in different cloths..

If you can not support yoir child finacially atm you should write to HO as you are not entirled to work you do not have more enough money to buy somwthing for your child. As you said you bought some stuff before when you could afforded. But now you are empty pocket and want to do more for your child but cant as u r not entitled to work
I hope this may help

emirate10
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by emirate10 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:03 am

Hi Everyone,

I am in need of some advice. I made an FLR (FP) application in October 2016 and I am still awaiting a decision from the HO. The problem is my partner and kids are suppose to be travelling in April 2018 and they need their British Passport in order to this but HO still has their passports in their possession. I am worried whether
requesting for their passport in order for them to travel will affect my application process. thanks

jutt1983
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by jutt1983 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 am

emirate10 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:03 am
Hi Everyone,

I am in need of some advice. I made an FLR (FP) application in October 2016 and I am still awaiting a decision from the HO. The problem is my partner and kids are suppose to be travelling in April 2018 and they need their British Passport in order to this but HO still has their passports in their possession. I am worried whether
requesting for their passport in order for them to travel will affect my application process. thanks
No it won’t effect your application, you can request documents back online but make sure don’t click that your withdrawing your application, just request documents to return.
Very simple and easy process will take few days. I did for my Mrs passport took only 3 days .

Jay900
Mexico

Post by Jay900 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:23 am

Any September 2016 still waiting ?

Himaloy2
Bangladesh

Post by Himaloy2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:20 am

I send further evidence 21st of feb.tenancy agreement .council tax .and we r living together example bank statement,hospital appointment,kids school,any ideahow long take to make decisions.