ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Guidance for non-eu family members

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

canadaanduk
Newly Registered
Canada

Travel Guidance for non-eu family members

Post by canadaanduk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:57 am

Hi all, I'm hoping you can provide some guidance.
I'm a duel UK/Canadian citizen and my family (husband and 2 children) are Canadian citizens.
We are currently travelling for 6 months in Spain and France.
As I am an EU citizen we were advised by the French consulate in Canada to "register with the local prefecture" in France to ensure my family could travel beyond their 90 day schechen visa.
Has anyone had experience with this? Looking into it looks to be very complicated. Does anyone know if we would be able to simply travel for the 6 months and then show marriage documents, birth certificates, etc upon exit from France or is it too risky?
Many thanks!!
Sarah

philip28
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Re: Travel Guidance for non-eu family members

Post by philip28 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:31 pm

They have the right to be with you longer than 3 months. You might have issues on your way out but they can't legally do anything since you are an EU citizen and a family. If you do not intend to stay in a Schengen state longer than 3 months, no need to register. You will be considered a tourist.