ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I have sent my Tier 2 BRP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doctor1989

Should I have sent my Tier 2 BRP

Post by doctor1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:25 pm

(Sorry mods for starting a new thread on this. I asked the question in another thread but never got a response and I can't find it anymore. Please don't delete this)

I made an EEA RC application via post a few days ago. I sent in my Tier 2 BRP based on this statement in the personal details of the application:

"3. Have you, or has anyone included in this application, been issued with a residence card
(biometric format) or biometric residence permit (BRP) in connection with a previous
application under the EEA Regulations or for leave to remain?

4. If you answered yes to question 3, please give details of your/their residence card (biometric
format) or BRP below. You must include this document with your application"

Have I done the right thing?

Would they send it back with my passport when I request my documents?

lunallena
Mood:

Re: Should I have sent my Tier 2 BRP

Post by lunallena » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:00 am

Hi there,

Yes, you have done the right thing. You need to show you are legally in the UK, so that was the way to go. When I requested my documents back I specified that I wanted my passport and my BPR so they sent both back.

I hope this helps,

Eeaplz
Newly Registered

Post by Eeaplz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:25 am

Will they send the BRP back? I was under the impression that they would retain the BRP as it would no longer be valid after successful application for a residence card. Just sent my tier 2 BRP in with my EEA-FM, will see what documents I get back.

doctor1989

Post by doctor1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 pm

lunallena wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:00 am
Hi there,

Yes, you have done the right thing. You need to show you are legally in the UK, so that was the way to go. When I requested my documents back I specified that I wanted my passport and my BPR so they sent both back.

I hope this helps,
Thank you. That's good to know!

lunallena
Mood:

Post by lunallena » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am

Eeaplz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:25 am
Will they send the BRP back? I was under the impression that they would retain the BRP as it would no longer be valid after successful application for a residence card. Just sent my tier 2 BRP in with my EEA-FM, will see what documents I get back.
That may be true if you BPR expires during the application process. My Tier 2 BPR was valid beyond 6 months so they returned without any problem. At the moment my Tier 2 is still valid and I also have my EEA RC.

Eeaplz
Newly Registered

Post by Eeaplz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 am

lunallena wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am
My Tier 2 BPR was valid beyond 6 months so they returned without any problem. At the moment my Tier 2 is still valid and I also have my EEA RC.
Wow, amazing! That goes against advice I got from a solicitor at a major immigration firm. Go figure...

lunallena
Mood:

Post by lunallena » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Eeaplz wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 am
lunallena wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am
My Tier 2 BPR was valid beyond 6 months so they returned without any problem. At the moment my Tier 2 is still valid and I also have my EEA RC.
Wow, amazing! That goes against advice I got from a solicitor at a major immigration firm. Go figure...
I know! I'd read some experiences from other members in this forum that also requested their Tier2 and they got it back, so I don't think my case is the only one. You may find that some solicitors actually get all the details/info wrong so I prefer to check people's experiences.