ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"RESIDENCE PERMIT"..?? FLR..?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tom_2005
Newly Registered

"RESIDENCE PERMIT"..?? FLR..?

Post by Tom_2005 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:50 pm

Hi ,

I recently applied for FLR(Further Leave to Remain) for WP extension(for 5 years). I just got Passport back from Home Office after 5 month's delay.
But the stamping seems to be quite strange for me. It seems to be different from previous WP "Entry clearence" which I got from British High Comm in Chennai. This stamping with heading "Residence Permit" & does not have any information abt my WP number in that stamping & its shown in 2 Lanuages like "FEB" & "FEV" Type of Permit:"Limitted leave to Remain"

My dependent's stamping does not have any intimation to show she is "dependent" & can take upany work. that too have similar stamping with photo.

I am quite confused with these. Please any one who got FLR recently of any on e have idea abt this help me.

One more information is will it be possible for my dependent to work in Northern Irland..? Or different Visa needed.?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:03 pm

they just changed the types of stamps that they are now using, you can check on the main homeoffice website for explanations (i forgotten the link). one thing is that if you were not allowed to work (e.g for visitors visa) the stamp would say so
Yes your wife will be able to work in Northern Ireland ( i take it thats were you are going to work as well), its Republic of Ireland were you would need a different visa to work or visit

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:52 pm

The change in stickers is due to new EU policy to ensure that all immigration permits/visas for all EU countries look the same/alike to avoid confusion at PoE

th

Post by th » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:43 am