ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering child as BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Member of Standing

Registering child as BC

Post by 10020132 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:45 am

Hi
I have applied my ILR through tier 1 ent and I know I can reguster my child as BC once I get my ILR but I have a few questions about that

1) As the cost of registering my child as BC is around £1000, what if I donot register them as BC once I get my ILR as I do not have any travel plans. Rather I apply their registration of BC once I get my passport (12 months after getting my ILR) eill that reduce the cost to £46 or not? And can I even delay it that much?

2) If I do not apply for their registration and go to Pakistan using Pakistani Passport, can we apply for their registration of BC from Pakistan? If so, can you provide me a link with more info about it like fees, processing times etc

vinny

Re: Registering child as BC

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:00 am

1) Getting your BC passport makes no difference to the price of child's registration. The price will probably go up soon and increase every year.

2) It's possible to register a UK-born child from Pakistan. But what are you going to do about referees from there?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Can we not get the refrees to fill the form from uk? Does it have to be pakistani refrees?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Yes. I think you can get referees in the UK to sign.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Ok. Thanks for the help