ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Original Degree certificate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kishorerjy
Newly Registered
India

Regarding Original Degree certificate

Post by kishorerjy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:13 am

Hi Friends, I got a sponsor for my TIER 2 General non shortage occupation job.

For this I need to pass English language skills and I am showing my Degree taught in English as a substitute.

I have sent the scanner copy of my original degree to UKNARIC and they are reviewing it.

But when I go for Visa interview do I need to show VFS global my original degree? Unfortunately I lost my original degree and marks list certificates . Now I only have scanned copies. Would that be an issue ?

Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Regarding Original Degree certificate

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:26 am

245HB. wrote:(e) The applicant must have a minimum of 10 points under paragraphs 1 to 18 of Appendix B.
7.10 wrote:(ii) provides the following specified documents to show he has the qualification:
(1) the original certificate of the award, or
(2) if the applicant is awaiting graduation having successfully completed the qualification, or no longer has the certificate and the awarding institution is unable to provide a replacement, an academic transcript (or original letter in the case of a PhD qualification) from the awarding institution on its official headed paper, which clearly shows:
(a) the applicant’s name,
(b) the name of the awarding institution,
(c) the title of the award,
(d) confirmation that the qualification has been or will be awarded, and
(e) the date that the certificate will be issued (if the applicant has not yet graduated) or confirmation that the institution is unable to reissue the original certificate or award, and
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kishorerjy
Newly Registered
India

Post by kishorerjy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:13 am

Thanks Vinny.

So let's say if we managed to get duplicate OD from university then do we still need to show them the marks transcript?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:21 am

I think an official replacement degree certificate should be equivalent to the original.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

kishorerjy
Newly Registered
India

Post by kishorerjy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:29 am

vinny wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:21 am
I think an official replacement degree certificate should be equivalent to the original.
Let's say I have OD duplicate from University then do I need CMM(consolidated marks memo)?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:31 am

What does Appendix B say?

kishorerjy
Newly Registered
India

Post by kishorerjy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:38 am

vinny wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:31 am
What does Appendix B say?
Hi Vinny, as per that it says original degree and NARIC statement is enough. But my consultancy says we need marks list as well. That's why I got.confused

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:56 am

If you have it, then there is no harm in supplying it.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:15 am

kishorerjy wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:38 am
Hi Vinny, as per that it says original degree and NARIC statement is enough. But my consultancy says we need marks list as well. That's why I got.confused
Maybe ask your consultancy where they are getting that information. If they say "just in case", ask them "just in case what?"

Unfortunately, consultants sometimes pretend that they have access to secret requirements, and that the published guidance you can see with your own eyes is trying to trick you.

I agree that it won't hurt your application if you happen to already have this extra document handy, but it will not help it either.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kishorerjy
Newly Registered
India

Post by kishorerjy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Thanks vinny and sha10406. I don't have marks list but I do have OD and can I submit photo copy of marks list to VFS ? Because in their site I read they do accept photo copies . But I just want to cross check

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:36 pm

kishorerjy wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:13 am
Unfortunately I lost my original degree and marks list certificates . Now I only have scanned copies.
So, you found your original degree certificate?

kishorerjy
Newly Registered
India

Post by kishorerjy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:05 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:36 pm
kishorerjy wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:13 am
Unfortunately I lost my original degree and marks list certificates . Now I only have scanned copies.
So, you found your original degree certificate?
No vinny. I applied for a duplicate. I will get it in two days. But issue is with marks list. Lost original and don't have duplicates as well. So posted here