ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-sufficient question for a EEA (QP)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deaqui
Newly Registered
Panama

Self-sufficient question for a EEA (QP)

Post by deaqui » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:24 am

Hi, I am a non-EEA moving to the UK with my wife (EEA) with a EEA Family Permit.

AS soon as we arrive (in 4 weeks) we want to apply for the EEA FM and EEA QP, the easies way that we see in our case is to apply as self-sufficient, since my wife (EEA national) does not speak very well english and probably would be hard for her to find a job quickly.

So, my question will be, can she relay on only the savins we have before enter to the UK to satisfy the self-sufficient criteria? can the source of the money be mosly from employment of the non-eea? does it represent a problem that the source of the money does not longer exist since I already quit my job?

I ask these things because I have read that the sponsor should not be supported by the non-eea because the non-eea has rights only if the sponsor is a qualify person. But does this apply after 3 months only in UK or all the time?

Hope you can help me with this one. Thanks

ulas
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Self-sufficient question for a EEA (QP)

Post by ulas » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi Deaqui,

I think HO says, the spouse's income should come from the UK.
I am a non EU and my wife became 'self sufficient' thanks to my salary.
But in your case it doesn't work. First you don't earn it in the UK, second you don't earn it anymore. So it is a savings issue. Honestly i don't know if there is a threshold for it. I am sure if its 100k pounds then they would say ok. If it is 1k then they would reject. Maybe others can give more precise numbers.

Cheers,
Ulas

deaqui
Newly Registered
Panama

Post by deaqui » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi Ulas

Thanks for the feedback, I am receiving already some offers, so maybe I will work from the moment I arrive, with this potential salary I can help my wife to be self-sufficient right? no problems at all?

Best regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:49 pm

In order to exercise her Treaty rights under Self Sufficiency in the UK , your wife will need to have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) for you both.

However, as the Family Member of an EEA citizen, an employer is unlikely to employ you before you have received your Residence Card or a Certificate of Application specifying your right to work.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

deaqui
Newly Registered
Panama

Post by deaqui » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:56 pm

Hi Casa, clear about CSI, however, I am worry about the money criteria.

Can we rely on only savings then? In case I don't find a job before we apply? How much do you think it will be safe to have?

Thanks again

ulas
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by ulas » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:35 pm

deaqui wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:28 pm
Hi Ulas

Thanks for the feedback, I am receiving already some offers, so maybe I will work from the moment I arrive, with this potential salary I can help my wife to be self-sufficient right? no problems at all?

Best regards
Sorry mate but there is a problem. For you to work you need Certificate of Application which you get after your application. it's best your wife gets a job and you make the application i think.

Kind regards,
Ulas

deaqui
Newly Registered
Panama

Post by deaqui » Fri May 25, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi guys,

So we are in the UK and I (non eea) found a job, my wife who is the eea has not found a job yet. If we have the CSI, can we apply as self-sufficient with our savings plus the money I am making?

I ask this because I have read some weird rules of circularity in which it is said that the eea cannot be self-sufficient with money made by the non eea if this one does not have independent right to work.

In our case we have less than 3 month in UK, so she is not supposed to be a qualify person yet and exercise treaty rights, does this help us?

I want to apply asap so I can receive my CoA before the EEA Family permit expires so I can keep working, but I want to do it only if I am sure this is OK.

Thanks in advance

deaqui
Newly Registered
Panama

Post by deaqui » Mon May 28, 2018 8:34 am

Any thoughts?

Thanks