ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP Not possible ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VijayUK

JCAP Not possible ?

Post by VijayUK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:21 pm

HI,

I am just reading that no more JCAP are allowed by NCS at councils. Please can you let me know ?

And what is the procedure if I am applying the citizenship online ? How do I send the documentation ?
I want to retain my passport and ILR BRP.

Regards,
VJ

vinny

Re: JCAP Not possible ?

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Can you give a link?

Best to check with your council.

I think it's still possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Vinny - I will check and update you.

Reason why I asked is I see few people in Feb2018 timelines have updated the same.( 2nd page)

british-citizenship/february-2018-natur ... 25-20.html

Regards,
VJ

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:38 pm

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Some councils still allow JCAP with NCS, however, alot of them have stopped it now.

But it is now allowed mostly with NDRS (Online application).

Reading Council for example, allows JCAP with both so far

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:42 pm

VijayUK wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:21 pm
HI,

I am just reading that no more JCAP are allowed by NCS at councils. Please can you let me know ?

And what is the procedure if I am applying the citizenship online ? How do I send the documentation ?
I want to retain my passport and ILR BRP.

Regards,
VJ
Apply online.
Get NDRS appointment and submit application + passport form at the same time.
You will be able to keep your original documents.

Contact your council in this regard.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:53 pm

VijayUK wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:38 pm
for example :

https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20121/ ... vice_ncs/1
The Joint Citizenship and Passport Service will be available to online applications only.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VijayUK

NDRS + JCAP

Post by VijayUK » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 pm

I am filling online application. Please can someone help me with below ?

- I am applying as a spouse of Briitish Citizen so that I dont need to wait for 1 yer...where should I mention this.

- Citizenship reference number from my wife Natualisation certificate , I see there are 3 numbers which one should I use ?

_ Should I still need to get the referees in passport application ( NDRS+ JCAP ).

Regards
VJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NDRS + JCAP

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 pm

VijayUK wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 pm

- I am applying as a spouse of Briitish Citizen so that I dont need to wait for 1 yer...where should I mention this. You don't. HO know the rules. You are applying under section 6(2) of the BNA, which is the spouse of BC route.

- Citizenship reference number from my wife Natualisation certificate , I see there are 3 numbers which one should I use ? The one that says 'certificate number'??

_ Should I still need to get the referees in passport application ( NDRS+ JCAP ).

Regards
VJ
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VijayUK

Re: NDRS + JCAP

Post by VijayUK » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 pm
VijayUK wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 pm

- I am applying as a spouse of Briitish Citizen so that I dont need to wait for 1 yer...where should I mention this. You don't. HO know the rules. You are applying under section 6(2) of the BNA, which is the spouse of BC route.

- Citizenship reference number from my wife Natualisation certificate , I see there are 3 numbers which one should I use ? The one that says 'certificate number'??

Regards
VJ
One says " Certificate Number " other says " Reference Number ".

As heading says Certificate of Naturalisation..I am really confused which number should I give.
They are asking for Certificate Reference Number.

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am

2 Questions help please :

Q1. One says " Certificate Number " other says " Reference Number ".

As heading says Certificate of Naturalisation..I am really confused which number should I give.
They are asking for Certificate Reference Number.

Q2.
Also I have received an Educational Course from DVLA for speeding- ACD30. Which of the option should I select.

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country? (Required)
Only select one answer at a time. If you need to give more than one answer, you can do so on another page.

A criminal conviction

A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial

A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty

A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour

A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

No, I have never had any of these

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:48 pm

VijayUK wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am

Q2.
Also I have received an Educational Course from DVLA for speeding- ACD30. Which of the option should I select.

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country? (Required)
Only select one answer at a time. If you need to give more than one answer, you can do so on another page.

A criminal conviction

A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial

A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty

A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour

A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

No, I have never had any of these
May I ask what you did with this?
I have the exact same issue.. i.e speeding ticket > drivers awareness course..!!
please help..

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:50 pm

I took the relevant papers to NDRS and told them I want to submit them as well. Lady at council told submitting any extra documentation will cost more money for them to send to UKVI but later she said 3 papers is Ok.

Before which I have just included the details in the additional information section.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 pm

VijayUK wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:50 pm
I took the relevant papers to NDRS and told them I want to submit them as well. Lady at council told submitting any extra documentation will cost more money for them to send to UKVI but later she said 3 papers is Ok.

Before which I have just included the details in the additional information section.
Thanks.
So did you tick NO to criminal and civil convictions / penalties?
And put details of speeding ticket and course details in the additional information section.

Seems logical to me...

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:36 am

abhijack wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 pm
VijayUK wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Thanks.
So did you tick NO to criminal and civil convictions / penalties?
And put details of speeding ticket and course details in the additional information section.

Seems logical to me...
I have done as below.

Convictions and other penalties : No, I have never had any of these

Immigration details : In this section , I have received an Educational Course for exceeding
30 mph ( ACD) . I am providing the letter received
for this .Have confirmed with Helpline to include it
here.

Hope this helps.