ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for EEA PR as a student- issue with self-sufficiency!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

karinkamalinka
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Applying for EEA PR as a student- issue with self-sufficiency!

Post by karinkamalinka » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Dear all,
I am about to submit my application for EEA PR as an EU national who has been studying and living in the UK for more than 5 years. After months of gathering information, I have been stuck on the particular issue of proving my self-sufficiency and all the reviews I have read so far have guided me in different directions. It would be LARGELY appreciated if anyone could share their experience on how they proved they had sufficient financial resources- via a declaration, bank statements or both?

Thank you in advance! :)

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: Applying for EEA PR as a student- issue with self-sufficiency!

Post by Wise » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:38 pm

For how long did you study for? and also did you have CSI issued either in UK or from any EU at all?. Otherwise wait until brexit date or when the new scheme will start, when UK will abolish the CSI if you don't have it. On the issue of self sufficient, the only problem I have noticed so far from HO was the actual amount they accept on this category. Again both will require CSI.

If you've school for 5yrs, then that will only be your option to wait till the period I have mention above.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

karinkamalinka
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by karinkamalinka » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Wise wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:38 pm
For how long did you study for? and also did you have CSI issued either in UK or from any EU at all?. Otherwise wait until brexit date or when the new scheme will start, when UK will abolish the CSI if you don't have it. On the issue of self sufficient, the only problem I have noticed so far from HO was the actual amount they accept on this category. Again both will require CSI.

If you've school for 5yrs, then that will only be your option to wait till the period I have mention above.

Good luck.
Thank you very much for your response!! I have completed my A-levels in the UK (2 years), Undergraduate degree (3 years) and am currently enrolled into my Masters program. Yes, I do have proof of CSI issued in my home country and I believe this document should not be a problem, as I have had the CSI for the full period of my residence in the UK. My only concern is the self-sufficiency part: The official guidance says that if you have been financially supported by a relative for example, as in my case where my parents have been the source of my income so far, a signed and dated letter from them is needed confirming that they have been supporting me and how long. However, some people say that the HO does not find a declaration sufficient and further evidence must be provided- but should this be evidence of my parents' salary, or my bank statements or a declaration written and signed by myself? It is all very confusing as various sources indicate different approaches to this section. I would like to avoid any complications with the application if possible, therefore your help is much appreciated. Please let me know of your thoughts! :)

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:28 pm

I think you should do both. Again, as self sufficient person who doesn't claim benefits by not becoming burden to the UK might set a positive tone in the eye of any caseworker in my opinion.But if they refuse then go to court where judge will be able to look into it.

Personally, I think you may be fine.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

karinkamalinka
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by karinkamalinka » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 am

I have also decided to do both, and I drafted a declaration with this statement, which is now signed by a solicitor, so hopefully all is good! Thank you very much for your advice and your concern :)