ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Djx
Newly Registered

Permanent residence refusal

Post by Djx » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:55 pm

Hello guys, please I need your good advice. My PR (permanent recidence) application was refused because my ex spouse (sponsor) earn £700 for the tax year 2014/2015, although she was a student that very year but unfortunately she dint have CSI (comprehensive sickness insurance). In addition, she was also doing some mobile hair services but wasn't recorded
Now, have already appealed the decision and the hearing date is 2 months time.
Any chances or way out please? Thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Permanent residence refusal

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:04 pm

£700 in the whole of 2014/2015 means she essentially worked for 1 month. In those circumstances, she will not qualify as having exercised treaty rights during that period. If she was a student, was the course vocational in nature, and did she leave employment to engage in vocational activities? if that does not apply, then you ought to have obtained CSI.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Without trying to discourage you. To win this case will be by miracle. But let's say your appeal didn't give you the result you wanted,my concerns now is, you're now divorced and if you both don't have child together you cannot have retained right. Your last option is after brexit date or whenever the new scheme start when the UK is saying they will abolish the CSI issue. Again what will be your legal status before then since you've divorced.

I wish you best of luck and clarity.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:42 pm

For clarification, did you submit this application with your ex ID?

Thanks.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.