ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa -staying more than applied for

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

effell007

Family visit visa -staying more than applied for

Post by effell007 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi all, my in-laws got family visit visa for usual 6 months and they applied for 4 weeks in the application and returned ticket was booked for 6 weeks after getting the visa. however, because my wife post pregnancy-postnatal depression GP advise in a letter to accompany her with some close family member.
Therefore, we had 2 choices to make-
    Mother in law stay 5 months and my father in law return home and come back 2 months later and take them with him before their visa expire.
      Both stay up to 5 months and return home with my wife and kids for short visit

Which option is better for them as they are planning a visit next year with the reason of their extended stay in the UK (GP letter).

Wanderer
      Diamond Member
      Ireland

Re: Family visit visa -staying more than applied for

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Plans plans will probably mean no more visit visas to UK.
      An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Route to ILR
      Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 am

effell007 wrote:
      Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:47 pm
      Hi all, my in-laws got family visit visa for usual 6 months and they applied for 4 weeks in the application and returned ticket was booked for 6 weeks after getting the visa. however, because my wife post pregnancy-postnatal depression GP advise in a letter to accompany her with some close family member.
      Therefore, we had 2 choices to make-
        Mother in law stay 5 months and my father in law return home and come back 2 months later and take them with him before their visa expire.
          Both stay up to 5 months and return home with my wife and kids for short visit

Which option is better for them as they are planning a visit next year with the reason of their extended stay in the UK (GP letter).
          Hi
          They can stay up to 6 months but the problem is HO will take this change of plan as deception. And it would be very hard for them to get visit visa 2nd time. Choice is yours.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:25 am

Be careful if stayed longer than previously requested.
          This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
          We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

effell007

Post by effell007 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:46 am

Thanks for your kind reply and suggestions. However, there are few reasons and explanation we can provide for the 2nd application-
          Letter from GP and Health visitor with my wife mental postnatal depression and the importance of having a close family member be with her as long as possible. GP and health visitor agreed to provide the letter.

My father-in-law will return on time (within 6 weeks) but will come back again and take them with him before 5 months of their entry. He also intends to make sure he is not financially hammered or provide financial evidence of meeting their needs for the extended stay during 2nd application (in case CO raise a question why he travel twice).

Do you think these might (partially) help to create some concrete reason for their extended stay during 2nd application for both of them?

Wanderer
          Diamond Member
          Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:01 am

Not good enough in my view.
          An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....