ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

ahmedkmj
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by ahmedkmj » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:53 am

Hi Experts,

I am wondering is there any notifications of acknowledgment I should get once i I am done with NDRS ?

Anyway to track Decisions ?

Anyone used NDRS and got a response? not just Online Application and sent by post

Thanks in advance

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 pm

I am quite confused with all this NCS, NDRS etc

Many of the places I call say "they don't do NCS any more" some do, but not with PP.
I have yet to find a place that does NDRS

I thought the online you cannot do with PP order but it says online "If you want to make a joint citizenship and passport application, you must also use this online service."

I want citizenship and PP what is the cheapest way to do so (I do not specifically need to do them simultaneously). I understand that online seems to be the fastest result and that is an advantage.

Essex and greater london work for me

Blues1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Blues1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Seasky.
Check out this link. If you scroll down you can click England or Greater London to see which councils offer the ndrs service. You might to need ring the council to confirm if they offer this now.
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... rn-service

There is now 3 options (though not all councils yet offer this)

1. NCS Only - This is where you take the Paper application for Naturalisation to them along with supporting docs

2. NDRS Only - This is where you apply online, but take supporting docs for them to photocopy and send

3. JCAP - This is NDRS and the Paper Passport application together now.

You cannot do NCS + passport together now.

i2kshashi

Post by i2kshashi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:36 pm

I am planning to submit the online application however i have few queries
Is this the below high level process correct
    • Fill the application online
      Pay the fees
      Submit the application /How about referee signatures ?
      Complete biometrics
      Book the NDRS + Passport application (JCAP) service within 10 days
    Verify the documents
    wait for decision
right ?

Also I have entered UK on 10th Mar 2012 ..so will I be eligible on 10th Mar 2018 ?
I will be cometing my 1 year after ILR on 3rd Mar 18 .

Please confirm this.

rents_78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by rents_78 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:33 pm

I have the same question, considering that you cannot get the signatures from the referees until you have the final form printed out and you cannot have the final form until you have paid, the sequence of events should be, I assume:

- complete the online form and collect all documentation
- when all is ready, book an appointment with the council
- 2/3 days before the appointment complete the online process and make the payment
- print out the form with the referees forms and get them signed
- attend the appointment with the council

Can anyone confirm if the sequence above makes sense?

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

You are on the point there, make sure you get your appointment first before completing the application as they might not have an appointment available.
I submitted my documents a week after online application which was the earliest I was given
Also make sure your referees are available to sign the print out. Good luck

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:08 pm

rents_78 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:33 pm
I have the same question, considering that you cannot get the signatures from the referees until you have the final form printed out and you cannot have the final form until you have paid, the sequence of events should be, I assume:

- complete the online form and collect all documentation
- when all is ready, book an appointment with the council
- 2/3 days before the appointment complete the online process and make the payment
- print out the form with the referees forms and get them signed
- attend the appointment with the council

Can anyone confirm if the sequence above makes sense?
No!

You can get the referee forms at the end of the application BEFORE the declaration and payment option.

You will have to fill the application and reach till the end to get them.

rents_78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by rents_78 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Regarding the “Evidence or lawful residence” EEA applicants are asked to provide Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.

Do you reckon it is enough to have the following?

- letter from current employer stating I have been working with them since XX/XX/XXXX and still working there;
- letter from previous employer stating I worked with them from YY/YY/YYYY to ZZ/ZZ/ZZZZ
- pay slips from the 6 years + P60s from each year
- some letters from HRMC (not covering all years)
- some letters from the council (not covering all years)
- some letter from the NHS (not covering all years)

rents_78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by rents_78 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 pm

plabo wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:08 pm
No!

You can get the referee forms at the end of the application BEFORE the declaration and payment option.

Where can I get the referee forms? I am at stage 5 out of 6, the one called “pay”.
All I can seem to be able to do is edit my answers or return to the application later... Where do I find the forms?

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:28 pm

rents_78 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 pm
plabo wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:08 pm
No!

Where can I get the referee forms? I am at stage 5 out of 6, the one called “pay”.
All I can seem to be able to do is edit my answers or return to the application later... Where do I find the forms?
At Stage 4, on the page titled "Referee Declatations", you have hyperlinks to download Declatation - Referee 1 & Declaration - Referee 2. Download these are PDFs and print those out for referee signatures

mk819
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mk819 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:35 pm

KRISSKIN wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 pm
I have got little issue. Online form-question:
enter your permanent number: number of my card
enter date of issue: 13 july 2017
-question is my document said -you acquired permanent residence status : 01.06.2016
just wonder if HO will not misunderstand my date when and I'm able to apply for citizenship.
anybody got same queries ? advise me please.
Same issue with me, so i called European Helpline and they confirmed that i can apply and use the date on the card not what you have on the decision letter. HO has a record of the acquisition date in their Database. Helpline people suggested me to write a cover letter explaining all that . and also you can include the decision letter.

So write a cover letter .Hope that helps

Dinoss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dinoss » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:54 am

Can someone confirm what form of "acknowledgement" is received once the application if paid for.

Is it an e-mail confirmation of right after the payment or is it a letter in the post.

Ceebee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ceebee » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Dinoss wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:54 am
Can someone confirm what form of "acknowledgement" is received once the application if paid for.

Is it an e-mail confirmation of right after the payment or is it a letter in the post.
It's an email normally a day or so after online submission.

Blues1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Blues1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:33 am

Dinoss wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:54 am

Yes. You will get an email to confirm you have paid. Also on your checklist which you have to print and send, it will have a PNN number, which is a unique payment number, which confirms you've paid (which if you use NDRS service, your council will expect to see).

Brims2005
Newly Registered

Post by Brims2005 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:45 am

Hi All

I have a question about citizenship. If someone can answer I will be grateful. I have applied for my wife's citizenship through online application. Sent her documents and passport application through NDRS (Nationality document return service) on 14/02/18. Dis not hear anything from home office yet. But when I have checked the bank statement I have seen that money went from my account for passport (£72.50) on 02/03/18. What does it means? Her application is successful? Or there is no relationship between passport fees gone from the account and actual citizenship approval.

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:55 am

Brims2005 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:45 am
Hi All

I have a question about citizenship. If someone can answer I will be grateful. I have applied for my wife's citizenship through online application. Sent her documents and passport application through NDRS (Nationality document return service) on 14/02/18. Dis not hear anything from home office yet. But when I have checked the bank statement I have seen that money went from my account for passport (£72.50) on 02/03/18. What does it means? Her application is successful? Or there is no relationship between passport fees gone from the account and actual citizenship approval.

Thanks.
Your last statement is correct.
AN application and passport application fees are taken separately. This is no indication as to the status of the applications - fees are taken upfront.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Dinoss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dinoss » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:10 am

Ceebee wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am
It's an email normally a day or so after online submission.
Blues1 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:33 am
Yes. You will get an email to confirm you have paid. Also on your checklist which you have to print and send, it will have a PNN number, which is a unique payment number, which confirms you've paid (which if you use NDRS service, your council will expect to see).
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Much appreciated. :)

Whiplashette
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Whiplashette » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Does anyone know: if you have ILR, and your refugee travel document has expired 6 weeks ago, do you have to prove your residence of those 6 weeks through other means (e.g. payslips) when applying for citizenship?

gagerson
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by gagerson » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi,

I'm filling in Online Application and got a question about:
- Your Name
Enter your name, as shown in your current passport or travel document.

I have got married in Aug 2016 but my Polish passport still shows my maiden name ("Gaga"). Everywhere else in UK my surname is my married name ("Lee").

When I did Life in UK and Language proof as well as my Residency Permit they were done in maiden name Gaga.

Problem is if I go truthfully to what they ask ie.. "name shown on current passport (Gaga)" will my Naturalisation certificate show my maiden name meaning that when I apply for British Passport I will have to ask for different name (Lee) on passport or what do I do?
I could update my Polish passport with married name but frankly its a bit of a long process.

Please help :(

Blues1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Blues1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:16 pm

gagerson wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:53 pm
Hi,

I'm filling in Online Application and got a question about:
- Your Name
Enter your name, as shown in your current passport or travel document.

I have got married in Aug 2016 but my Polish passport still shows my maiden name ("Gaga"). Everywhere else in UK my surname is my married name ("Lee").

When I did Life in UK and Language proof as well as my Residency Permit they were done in maiden name Gaga.

Problem is if I go truthfully to what they ask ie.. "name shown on current passport (Gaga)" will my Naturalisation certificate show my maiden name meaning that when I apply for British Passport I will have to ask for different name (Lee) on passport or what do I do?
I could update my Polish passport with married name but frankly its a bit of a long process.

Please help :(
You may be fine with Naturalisation, but you will most likely have alot of difficulty when you apply for British Passport. Have a read of british-citizenship/british-passport-po ... 84012.html

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi,

1. Does the online form have space for the equivalence of a covering letter (explaining things that are not clearly covered in the form etc). Paper application I would just add a covering letter

2. to "prepare" for the online application can I just use form AN? Alternatively can you start the online form and just keep saving and changing it till you press "submit"

3. I have an NDRS appointment 17 days after after my BC qualifying date, does it matter when I send the form for fastest service (i.e exactly 10 days before or they won't start looking at it till the NDRs envelope arrives so doesn't matter)

4. Can I use the referree page in AN document for subsequent sending (via NDRS) or is there is a specific one for the online application. I would like to get referees out of the way now

5. I am applying for passport at NDRS can I download the form or must get from post office

Thank!

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 pm

From reading the previous pages I understand the options to apply for Naturalisation are either:
A) Online application and post documents OR
B) Online application plus NDRS (appointment within 10 days of online application submission)

Question:
1) Is the above understanding correct?
2) Is JCAP (paper applications) though NCS not available anymore?

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:12 pm

I guess a sticky thread which states the different options to apply for [ A) Naturalisation alone & B) Naturalisation + Passport] would be extremely helpful.

Something like a Citizenship application process for Dummies guide.

Hanialek
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Hanialek » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:18 pm

seasky wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:30 pm
Hi,

1. Does the online form have space for the equivalence of a covering letter (explaining things that are not clearly covered in the form etc). Paper application I would just add a covering letter

Yes. there is a box at the end for anything you have to add.

2. to "prepare" for the online application can I just use form AN? Alternatively can you start the online form and just keep saving and changing it till you press "submit"

Use online form only, it’s easier. You can go back and edit/add anything you want before submitting the form.

3. I have an NDRS appointment 17 days after after my BC qualifying date, does it matter when I send the form for fastest service (i.e exactly 10 days before or they won't start looking at it till the NDRs envelope arrives so doesn't matter)

I don’t know

4. Can I use the referree page in AN document for subsequent sending (via NDRS) or is there is a specific one for the online application. I would like to get referees out of the way now

There is a special referee form for this to download towards the end of online application (different a bit to AN). Best to fill in the application with some random scribble first so that you can get to and download referee forms. You can then edit/add the previous things. That’s what I did as I had to post forms to my referees early on.

5. I am applying for passport at NDRS can I download the form or must get from post office

I don’t know

Thank!

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:48 am

Hi Guys, a quick question for those who've used the Online method of application. Can someone throw some light on the Acknowledgement letter/email for the application? I applied for my naturalization yesterday online and have my NDRS appointment tomorrow.
I made the payment yesterday and got an immediate email response confirming the payment and application reference number.

Can someone please tell me if there's meant to be an acknowledgement email on top of this? Just curious to know if I should be expecting anything else.

Thanks alot!