ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR - Absence Letter Confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Tier 2 to ILR - Absence Letter Confusion

Post by hassanh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi,

I have a little confusion which I wanted to clarify. The absence letter which we need for ILR from Employer, should it needs to state only the absences from the UK or absences from work as well (paid annual leaves etc within UK).

If my employer list down all my holidays in my last 5 years, then it will be a very long list (probably the letter will be 6 or 7 pages long) but if they only mention paid annual holidays when I was away from UK then it will be only two rows.

My HR says that they are pretty sure that only absences from the UK needs to be mentioned in the letter. They said if I am still in doubt, they can print off my last 5 years Holiday Cards mentioning all my holidays in addition to the letter which I can take with me to the PEO and present to them if needed. Is it ok to do so?

I also went on paternity leaves on two occasions in the last five years. Those paternity leaves were fully paid and I was in the UK during those leaves. Should those be included as well in the letter?

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Hassan

Akorotaeva

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Absence Letter Confusion

Post by Akorotaeva » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Evidence is required only for absences from the UK.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Absence Letter Confusion

Post by hassanh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:28 am

Hi Akorotaeva,

Thank you for your reply. And no letter is required for Paternity Leaves either?

Thanks,
Hassan