ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Locking topics!

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Locking topics!

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:54 am

This morning I have created a thread about ILR Processing Time and it has been merged with another thread and the whole new thread was locked, not sure why!

Now I am unable reply back to justify or defend my reasons for creating the post.

My post was to ask members who were granted their ILR to post their submission dates and the dates they received their approvals. However, the post that the moderator merged with my post was just asking a question of how long it would take to process the application and they got the answer which is around 6 months as stated in the Biometrics letter.

I believe, my post would be more beneficial as it would show the real average of processing times. We know that it might take less than 6 months or in complicated cases might take more than 6 months. But results from actual cases would be more meaningful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Locking topics!

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:21 pm

And you were provided with the timeline thread to see the trends of the processing time and the time it takes.

Generalised topics such as the one you started very quickly get out of hand with low value, nonsense posts such as 'any update', 'no, still waiting' etc. Many of these have ended up running into 100's of pages with no value to anyone.

I have split your two posts from the other users topic. It will however remain locked.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-processi ... 51009.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:21 pm
And you were provided with the timeline thread to see the trends of the processing time and the time it takes.

Generalised topics such as the one you started very quickly get out of hand with low value, nonsense posts such as 'any update', 'no, still waiting' etc. Many of these have ended up running into 100's of pages with no value to anyone.

I have split your two posts from the other users topic. It will however remain locked.

Oh I see, now that you explained it, I can see the reason why you don't like processing times posts and I can imagine they would drag for ever. Thanks any ways.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:48 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:45 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Oh I see, now that you explained it, I can see the reason why you don't like processing times posts and I can imagine they would drag for ever. Thanks any ways.
Here is an example of the worst one we have had to try deal with of 1277 pages of nonsense, so you can understand the difficulties we face with such topics.

immigration-for-family-members/spousal- ... l#p1285601
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zvz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by zvz » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Just to avoid multiplication of similar topics, I will ask too.

My topic was also locked. While the first topic to which further discussion was redirected by you is too generic, I created mine for a specific purpose. The fact that up to now there seem to be no instances of invitations to the ceremony that will happen in less than 4 weeks is outstanding. INIS by default sends them 4-5 weeks in advance. So there exists a general concern on what is going on this time. I wanted to discuss just this aspect of the next Ceremony separately. Yes, once invitations will start to come the actuality of this issue will vanish quickly, but it is not yet now. So you just locked the topic not even merged it with the existing so that the further discussion could continue. Not very kind of you.