ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

karwanmahdi
Newly Registered
Netherlands

British Citizenship

Post by karwanmahdi » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:10 pm

Dear all,
I have applied the UK citizenship on 18 Oct 2017 and after 4 and half months today Ihave received this letter from Home Office. “We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances ths target is not possible. Following our assesment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. This is because we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a
decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application by 28.06.2018, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.
Yours sincerely
CT4Home Office”

So does anyone have such experience and the outcome of the decision which was made?

I appreciate your replys in advance,

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship

Post by silverchloride » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 am

What is your immigration history? Do you think there's any reasons why they aren't able to decide quickly? Any complications / issues in the past?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:49 am

There are still decisions reported going back to August - perhaps there are workload issues at UKVI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

karwanmahdi
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by karwanmahdi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:17 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 am
What is your immigration history? Do you think there's any reasons why they aren't able to decide quickly? Any complications / issues in the past?
Dear silverchloride,
Thanks for your reply. I have been in the UK since March 2011 and have PR from Aug 2016 based my lawful residence as sponsored University student in the UK. The only thing I can think about it is; in the past I had different date of birth and corrected before come to the UK and before get Dutch citizenship (I was registered 2 years older because of the faulty of registration system in Iraq) and I had biometrics done in EU in 2004, However I don't think this is an issue because nearly 14 years ago. Do you have any idea what is CT4 Home Office which is printed under the name of the letter sender.

Regards,

karwanmahdi
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by karwanmahdi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:49 am
There are still decisions reported going back to August - perhaps there are workload issues at UKVI.
Dear alterhase58,

Thanks for your reply. Most of the application which was going back to October have already been decided, In addition when the Home Office send you a letter after 4 months and 21 days without a decision there must be a problem but I have no idea what would be that. Very stressful.

Regards,