ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about EEA residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

njoseph

Question about EEA residence card

Post by njoseph » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:30 pm

Dear moderators
After a long struggle to get a family permit last year, it is now time to apply for a residence card for my non-EEA father.
I have two questions and I have not been able to find a clear answer to these from this forum or from google.
- I am an Irish national and I do not have an National ID card as such(do not know why Ireland does not issues these). So I will have to submit my passport with the application but I need to travel almost every other week if not every week in Europe. The online form is just for the EEA nationals. I want to ask if I apply for myself, can I add my non-EEA father’s on the same online application and then use passport return service? If I have to use paper form then how long will it take for home office to return my application.
- With my father securing family permit, is residence application relatively straight forward and I just need to submit basic documents for relationship, qualification and dependency For our family permit application, I had to dig out years old bank statements, old photos etc.

As usual, many thanks for your help

njoseph

Re: Question about EEA residence card

Post by njoseph » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Anybody?
Thank you for any input.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:32 pm

njoseph wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:30 pm
Dear moderators
After a long struggle to get a family permit last year, it is now time to apply for a residence card for my non-EEA father.
I have two questions and I have not been able to find a clear answer to these from this forum or from google.
- I am an Irish national and I do not have an National ID card as such(do not know why Ireland does not issues these). So I will have to submit my passport with the application but I need to travel almost every other week if not every week in Europe. The online form is just for the EEA nationals. I want to ask if I apply for myself, can I add my non-EEA father’s on the same online application and then use passport return service? If I have to use paper form then how long will it take for home office to return my application.
- With my father securing family permit, is residence application relatively straight forward and I just need to submit basic documents for relationship, qualification and dependency For our family permit application, I had to dig out years old bank statements, old photos etc.

As usual, many thanks for your help
If you fly within the EU, why not just get one of these: https://www.dfa.ie/passportcard/? I use it all the time for travel to other EU states.

I don't know about the residence card application.

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am

Thank you Chaoclive.
Yes, I have recently found out about passport card. I will apply for that. Thanks mate.

It seems like paper application is the only way. What documents do I need to prove the dependency as my father do not have a bank account in UK as yet(not much other documentation). I managed to register him with GP though. I have no new proof or documents from here. I submitted years long history for family permit. Should I do the same for residence card?

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:29 am

Dear all,
I have now my passport card from Republic of Ireland but I need to travel outside EU in next few weeks (so passport card cannot be used).
Can I submit my passport card as EU sponsor ID card with the application instead of my original passport?

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Dear moderators,
After long time, I have completed the EEA Form and collected all the relevant documents. But I noticed that now there is a new document version available that must be used for applications after 11th April :shock:

Do I have to refill the new form(the footer at each page has version number) or can I continue with old one?
Regards

meakash619
Newly Registered

Post by meakash619 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

njoseph wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:33 pm
Dear moderators,
After long time, I have completed the EEA Form and collected all the relevant documents. But I noticed that now there is a new document version available that must be used for applications after 11th April :shock:

Do I have to refill the new form(the footer at each page has version number) or can I continue with old one?
Regards
Hi

Yes if applications are submitted after 11th April 2018, you have to submit new form.
Regards
Akash