ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/5 Years Parent Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lovelybabe
Newly Registered
Norfolk Island

ILR/5 Years Parent Route

Post by lovelybabe » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:06 am

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum, pls my apologies if I did not post in the right place as I am still learning.
I am confused as to when to apply for ILR.
I got my 1st leave to remain visa on the 7/04/2013 as a parent of a british child under the 5years parent route which expired on the 04/10/2015.
I applied for renewal and the 2nd visa started on the 21/12/2015 to 16/06/2018.
My question is when Im I eligible to apply for ILR?
DO I have to wait for 28days before my current leave expires or can I go ahead and apply after 7/04/2018.
Lastly, please the checklist for the documents required,

Thank you all in advance.

vinny

Re: ILR/5 Years Parent Route

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:47 am

Assuming you renewed in-time, you may apply for ILR no sooner than 28 days prior to the completion of your qualifying period and preferably before your leave expires, subject to Section E-ILRPT: Eligibility for indefinite leave to remain as a parent
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lovelybabe
Newly Registered
Norfolk Island

Post by lovelybabe » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:21 am

Hello Vinny,
Thank you for the prompt response. I dont really think my questions have been fully addressed.

I applied for the renewal 28days before the expiration of the 1st card , so I applied quite on time for it.

My questions again, Im I eligible to apply anytime after the 7th of April 2018 since my first leave was giving from 7/04/2013 or do I wait for 28days before the expiration of the current card.

Please can someone help me with the document checklist.

Thanks all.

lovelybabe
Newly Registered
Norfolk Island

Post by lovelybabe » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:55 am

Hello All,
Someone pls reply me.

Thanks as always.