ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly depandant parent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ryancathmore
Newly Registered

Elderly depandant parent

Post by ryancathmore » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Hello everyone. here I am once again need some help for you guys.i recently became a British citizen and my wife is naturalised British citizen from 2015.when I was on spouse visa my father passed away and I had to go to my native country for his funeral over stayed for more than 180 days.
my mother is now 64 years old widowed and she is disable completely. I mean literally from eating to washing to cleaning to food , I mean every aspect of life she need some help from someone to look after her. I used to send money to my mother and father when he was alive so they was paying their bills back home.

after my father death I bring my mother here in uk with me on visit visa. that was back in 2013. she stayed with me for nearly 2, 3 weeks and then left U A E. there was my younger sister he took responsibility for my mother for a while but then about 2 years back she moved to USA with her family.im the only son in the family and I have 2 sisters,one lives in usa and the elder sister live in joint family system and is recently she had a foliage attack and she is unable to help my mother on her day to day tasks.

i tried to get her the care in need back home, but you know it is pretty impossible when they know there is no one else who can ask them questions they would just not do the things they supposed to do to comfert the patient . at some days they didnt even serve break fast to my mother for whatever reason. that was in 2015.
i spoke with some lawyers and they said a) im on spuse visa and if i apply for her elderly dependant visa they gona refuse it and she will not be able to coem as a visitor also

now my motehr condition becauyse of severe attrites she can not stand on her on, she fingers are twisted she cant grip a cup if she would want to drink something,her elbows are the same her ankles every part of her body is messed uup that could help her to have any sort of relif.
cut story short i bring my motehr here on visit visa back in sep 2016 and after 6 months i applied for a discreatory leave .
i have a 2 bedroom house and we have enough space to accomodate her, since then she is here living with her only son.
i knew from the bigning it is going to be a hard battle but there was no opne else in native land that i could ask for to take care of my mother.

my wife is a heart patient now and she need constant care also so elaving uk isnt an option. now recently her vis agot refused with a right of appeal. i have every document to prove everything that i just mentioned above. before submiting her case i attached a doctor artrites sergon report also. it is very detailed report in the report he mentioned he has never seen such a case in his 22 years in thsi profession and she definately need help at all time for everything.

there is no place back home where she could go to, sitting on a chair, she can not sit than 20 mins .

i know its too much and i can go ona nd on and on. keep put some light on this case . many thanks

secret.simon

Re: Elderly depandant parent

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Getting a residence visa for an Adult Dependent Relative (ADR) is very, very hard, even for British citizens. The success rate is only 6% of all applications before appeal and only 22% after appeal.

You will need to prove (with documentary evidence) that
a) Your mother needs assistance with basic daily functions (washing and cleaning herself, etc)
AND
b) Such care is either unavailable or unaffordable in her home country.

The latter is much harder to prove in countries of the sub-continent than in countries like the US, where care costs are exorbitant.

As you have mentioned already, if she is refused an ADR visa, she will likely be refused all visit visas in the future, because of having shown an intention to settle in the UK.

Topic moved to the Family Member Immigration forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ryancathmore
Newly Registered

Post by ryancathmore » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:14 pm

thank you very much for the reply, My mother is with me here in uk , she came here on visit visa one and half year back and after 6 months I plied for discretionary leave which got refused recently. I still didn't get the answer yet but they refended IHS last night.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 pm

So, your mother is currently overstaying a visit visa and currently illegally resident in the UK? How is her healthcare being taken care of?

Even while on a visit visa, she will be charged 150% of all NHS costs. Has she been billed by the NHS if any services have been availed of?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ryancathmore
Newly Registered

Post by ryancathmore » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:17 pm

well we submitted her application for discretionary leave within 6 months,all her medicine are coming from native country sofar, anyone that I know of coming from our hoem country I would ask them to bring the medicine in uk. the arthritis surgeon I spoke about in my previous post, hes uk surgeon and practice in uk.

for her gp I pay separately its not on NH's .

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:43 am

I hope it works out for you and you are able to get better for your mother.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

asha-hussain
Newly Registered

Post by asha-hussain » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 pm

hi, any update on your mother's visa? thanks