ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mtsilva84
Newly Registered
Mexico

Premium service

Post by mtsilva84 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for ILR after being on a Tier 2 visa for 5 years.

I have tried booking an appointment using the premium service but the earliest appointment available is on the 24th of April, which is after my current tier 2 visa expires (expires on the 31st of March).

If I book the appointment for the 24th would my application be considered to be made "out of time" because the appointment will occur after my current permit expires? or will it be OK as long as I make the application before my current permit expires.

Is a postal application my only option at this moment?

Also, I don't understand what the following requirement on the SET(O) form means:

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that
you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

What type of documents would they consider as evidence of this? Would my acceptance letter from my previous Tier 2 visa be enough? I am confused.

Thanks in advance.

Moises

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Premium service

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm

mtsilva84 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:36 pm
Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for ILR after being on a Tier 2 visa for 5 years.

I have tried booking an appointment using the premium service but the earliest appointment available is on the 24th of April, which is after my current tier 2 visa expires (expires on the 31st of March).

If I book the appointment for the 24th would my application be considered to be made "out of time" because the appointment will occur after my current permit expires? or will it be OK as long as I make the application before my current permit expires.

Yes, unfortunately you will become an overstayer if you apply on that date after your expiry

Is a postal application my only option at this moment?

if you cannot get a date for a PSC appointment within your current Leave to remain and before expiry, best to submit it by post before your expiry as this will then and should give you valid leave under section 3c whilst your application is pending a decision.

Also, I don't understand what the following requirement on the SET(O) form means:

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that
you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

What type of documents would they consider as evidence of this? Would my acceptance letter from my previous Tier 2 visa be enough? I am confused.

Thanks in advance.

Moises
You should keep checking for any cancellations that you might be able to get, I have read new blocks of appointments open up at midnight so you may be lucky in finding one within the validity of your current Leave to remain.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

mtsilva84
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by mtsilva84 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

I have actually looked again in Birmingham and Croydon and there are some available before my current permit expires, so I'll go for any of them.

Any thoughts regarding which documents I can provide as documents showing that I met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules? Maybe makes reference of any other type of permit other than tier 2 that I may be stating that makes up for the 5 year period? i.e.

In the case that I have held two types of work permits for 5 years:

Tier 2 - 3 years
Other type - 2 years (I would have to submit evidence of this)

My actual case is that I have held a Tier 2 visa for the whole 5 years, so no evidence required?

Cheers

Moises

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:17 pm

mtsilva84 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:02 pm
Any thoughts regarding which documents I can provide as documents showing that I met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules? Maybe makes reference of any other type of permit other than tier 2 that I may be stating that makes up for the 5 year period? i.e.

In the case that I have held two types of work permits for 5 years:

Tier 2 - 3 years
Other type - 2 years (I would have to submit evidence of this)

My actual case is that I have held a Tier 2 visa for the whole 5 years, so no evidence required?
No applicable to Tier 2.

mtsilva84
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by mtsilva84 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm

It's under section 12D Tier 2 migrant.

Having said that, I have read multiple posts of people detailing a list of documents they've submitted and I cannot see anything that makes reference to what I am asking about. So maybe not needed?

One thing is for sure: It's confusing.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm

mtsilva84 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm
It's under section 12D Tier 2 migrant.

Having said that, I have read multiple posts of people detailing a list of documents they've submitted and I cannot see anything that makes reference to what I am asking about. So maybe not needed?

One thing is for sure: It's confusing.
This is only applicable if you are claiming ILR under Tier 2 combined with other leave for example if your initial two years were Tier 1 General or HSMP etc and your next 3 years were Tier 2.

I got my ILR yesterday without having to touch this question. I applied under Tier 2 (5years)

mtsilva84
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by mtsilva84 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 pm

Fantastic.

I should be good to go then.

Thank you all for your replies.

Congratulations on getting your ILR terriblescream.

Wish me luck.

mtsilva84
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by mtsilva84 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:31 am

Tried to book today and they're all gone! It's really weird, there were appointments everyday for the rest of the month in croydon and birmingham yesterday, and now says there's nothing for the next 45 days. Can't all of the appointments be gone from last night already can they?

I will keep checking, but seems very weird that all are gone from one day to the next.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:59 am

March is the busiest month for premium appointments as most are trying to get appointments and pay the fee before the 6th April fee increase.

You should have booked last night if there was availability.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mtsilva84
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by mtsilva84 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 am

My employer is paying for it with company CC so I have to do it during the day, but in hindsight I should have used my card and get reimbursed :?

Too late now.

I will keep checking during the day(s) hopefully something will come up (just this morning alone the Sheffield centre has changed dates a couple of times-all in April, too late for me)

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 am

mtsilva84 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 pm
Fantastic.

I should be good to go then.

Thank you all for your replies.

Congratulations on getting your ILR terriblescream.

Wish me luck.
Good luck, perhaps take your company CC details if your employer allows and book at night?