ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying within the UK under asylum

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

candym
Newly Registered
South Africa

applying within the UK under asylum

Post by candym » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:01 am

good day

I would like to find out if it is at all possible to come over on a holiday visa or under asylum to the UK and continue applying for spousal visa within the UK. ..we have paid our fees to the solicitors there as my husband resides in the UK for almost 6 years and is a British citizen. ..but once we get the application done we still need to wait a few months and here in south africa things are really getting violent and scary and threatening where I myself have gone thru robberies. .gang rape..hijacking. ..he tried to kidnap my little girl ..and where luckily the bullet jammed when he pulled the trigger against my head. .another house robbery ..etc. .and I'm fearing for myself and little girl and we just want to get over there to my husband before its too late. .things have escalated5 here within a week. ..the media doesn't show what is truly going on here. ..I'm currently living in my friends garage as I am too scared to stay in a place of my own with my child. ..we have our passports. .I just want to know if it is not possible to go over and continue applying within the UK or how to go over under seeking asylum

kindest regards
candice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: applying within the UK under asylum

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:41 am

You cannot switch to a spouse visa if in the UK as a visitor.

Unlikely you can claim asylum as South Africa is not one of the war torn countries listed like Syria is for example.

A spouse visa doesn't necessarily take many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: applying within the UK under asylum

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 am

2.2.4 wrote:South Africa has a functioning criminal justice system which makes attacks by non-state actors punishable and the government has shown a reasonable willingness and ability to enforce the law. In general, a person fearing non-state actors (including rogue state actors) is likely to be able to obtain effective state protection although each case must be determined on its own facts. The onus is on the person to demonstrate that the state is not willing and able to provide effective protection.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.