ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aij123
Newly Registered
India

ILR application for spouse

Post by aij123 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi
my partner is on Tier 2 general visa and we are applying for ILR through his company next week. I am on dependant visa and have been employed since 2012. The company lawyers are not asking for any documents relating to my employment or time I spent outside UK . Is that normal? I want to confirm that other than documents like marriage certificate and proof of living together, and my bank statements, I don't need to submit documents from my side.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application for spouse

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:48 pm

The company lawyers are not asking for any documents relating to my employment or time I spent outside UK . Is that normal?
Yes, it is normal as you are dependent so no proof required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: ILR application for spouse

Post by terriblescream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:02 pm

aij123 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:58 pm
I want to confirm that other than documents like marriage certificate
You don't even need marriage certificate (not a requirement) but it won't harm sending.