ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 pm

seasky wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:12 pm
Difficult issue: in proof of living in UK it says "if you do not have your passport, or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer of government department) as proof"

This was not a requirement for ILR (T1e, SET(0) ). It was also not a requirement for ILR the reason of absence and hence no proof needed either. And except for some passport stamps I did not give proof,as I am a "registered traveller" and can use the EU/UK lines to enter the UK and don't get stamped. I just wrote that in the covering letter.

I guess I can get my company (I am CEO) to write a letter, but is it supposed to be different from ILR to BC?
Suggest don't confuse the ILR requirement/rules with the British citizenship requirements/laws, they are completely separate. What might be ok for one, is not ok for the other.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Beautifulmum
Newly Registered

Post by Beautifulmum » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am new here.

I am completing the online application form and just wondering if anyone can help me with some clarification.

I got EEA family member PR after retention of rights however I am no longer a family member of an EEA
So my question is : Is it correct to select I am EEA / Family member of EEA citizen in the form? Or should I just say No because technically I am no longer a family member and I got my PR after the divorce but was given a EEA family member PR.

Also just in case I need to select EEA Family where can I find my PR number?

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Suggest don't confuse the ILR requirement/rules with the British citizenship requirements/laws, they are completely separate. What might be ok for one, is not ok for the other.
Very much appreciate this clarification. (wish I knew this a few years ago, as I was collecting data for each trip as I go along...)

So how do I show proof?, In general does a stamp mean proof in BC context? (it only is proof of return so actually not of much value of proof of days abroad)

NGuntu
Newly Registered
India

Post by NGuntu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:57 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:32 am
I submitted my documents on Friday, and the council representative told me that they can't advice on what documents to send and what not. I ended up providing them with 5 pics in total (2 glued to the referee declarations and 3 separately). Along with the Passports & BRP, I also gave them a copy of my drivers license, my post-grad certificates along with a copy of the old PBS calculator as i selected the option of previously proving my qualifications.

Finally, I also submitted proof for work for all my time in the UK (last 5 years by HMRC's letter, and the 1st two years by providing P60).

Hope that helps!

I did not submit my degree certificate when I submitted documents with JCAP, would it be a problem? Also I have not submitted any utility bills :(

I am so worried now, someone please clarify if there is a way to fix this issue.

I have submitted documents on 6th March 2018

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:10 pm

I am completing the online form and have a query / issue at the English language requirement section.

I am using LIUK + Trinity B1 (passed last Friday).

However, I am also asked to answer whether my degree was taught in English. (In the paper form I understand you can ignore this question as its an OR to English test)

If I answer the truth that it was taught in English - at the document stage I am asked to provide NARIC certificate. I took Trinity exam as I didn't want to go the NARIC route.
If the answer that my degree was not taught in English the NARIC thing goes off my document list, however, this will be a false answer.

Any suggestions what to do?

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Please, I need your help. Am a bit confused on my citizenship application.

I started coming to the UK on a visitor visa in 2007 and I never breach any immigration law. And I decided to stay in 2009 when I met my EU wife and applied for RP which was approved and then got my PR biometric card five years after.

Now, I am ready to apply for my citizenship but am a bit confused. Please somebody advice.

Do I need to put when I first entered UK in 2007 with 6 months visitor visa OR I should put when I entered the country again in 2009 with 5 years visitor visa and decided to stay? I got my RP at the beginning of 2011. Please advise.

Wildsheroo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Wildsheroo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question, I'm going through online form and I stumbled on the question asking "if you have your National Identity card" it asks for further details which I can provide.

But my National Identity card is in our native language (Urdu) and my question is if I fill out this section will they ask to see my National Identity card? If yes, will they kick a fuss that its in foreign language and we need it in English?

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:32 pm

seasky wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:48 pm
abhishek_10 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:42 pm
The online application allows you to fill upto 30 trips, but it doesn't calculate the number of days outside UK, you still have to manually enter that.

For the remaining trips, I provided an excel.
So online application is quite new and may not be clear answers to this, I would assume best to fill most recent 30 or just attach all 80 trips in one go (as I would in paper application). Is there place to upload files in the application or should I just send it with the application (NDRS package)?
That is what I did. Posted the latest 30 on the online application, and rest was submitted as a printout separately along with NDRS. There is no place to attach anything online.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 pm

NGuntu wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:57 pm
abhishek_10 wrote:
I submitted my documents on Friday, and the council representative told me that they can't advice on what documents to send and what not. I ended up providing them with 5 pics in total (2 glued to the referee declarations and 3 separately). Along with the Passports & BRP, I also gave them a copy of my drivers license, my post-grad certificates along with a copy of the old PBS calculator as i selected the option of previously proving my qualifications.

Finally, I also submitted proof for work for all my time in the UK (last 5 years by HMRC's letter, and the 1st two years by providing P60).

Hope that helps!

I did not submit my degree certificate when I submitted documents with JCAP, would it be a problem? Also I have not submitted any utility bills :(

I am so worried now, someone please clarify if there is a way to fix this issue.

It isn't part of the document checklist, I submitted it over the top. If the HO requires it from you, they would most likely get back to you. As long as you submitted everything that was asked for in the document checklist, you don't have anything to worry about.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:00 pm

As there is no place to upload documents, but is there is space to upload "general text" is there a character limit on that?

NGuntu
Newly Registered
India

Post by NGuntu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:29 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 pm
NGuntu wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:57 pm
abhishek_10 wrote:

Hope that helps!

It isn't part of the document checklist, I submitted it over the top. If the HO requires it from you, they would most likely get back to you. As long as you submitted everything that was asked for in the document checklist, you don't have anything to worry about.
Thanks a lot.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:44 pm

In the online application there is a question:

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

This doesn't seem to be present in the paper form.

Are we expected to list all UK immigration application details?

In my case, that would 5 or 6.
ILR, HSMP extension, HSMP, Permit free training, visit visa etc.

Beautifulmum
Newly Registered

Post by Beautifulmum » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Beautifulmum wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am new here.

I am completing the online application form and just wondering if anyone can help me with some clarification.

I got EEA family member PR after retention of rights however I am no longer a family member of an EEA
So my question is : Is it correct to select I am EEA / Family member of EEA citizen in the form? Or should I just say No because technically I am no longer a family member and I got my PR after the divorce but was given a EEA family member PR.

Please any help will be appreciated. thanks a lot

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:04 pm

seasky wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:00 pm
As there is no place to upload documents, but is there is space to upload "general text" is there a character limit on that?
5000 if I remember correctly.
You can always start to fill out the form yourself and get to the space. Till the time you submit the form, it's for you to continuously edit. Any column which is mandatory, just fill some random data and edit when you have the right info later on.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Beautifulmum wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Beautifulmum wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am new here.

I'm not an expert, but my thoughts would be to select No as any information you fill in should be current.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:06 pm

abhijack wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:44 pm
In the online application there is a question:

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

This doesn't seem to be present in the paper form.

Are we expected to list all UK immigration application details?

In my case, that would 5 or 6.
ILR, HSMP extension, HSMP, Permit free training, visit visa etc.
Yes, any visa application made to the Home office.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:14 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks.
Is there any way I can get it from HO?
I don't remember details of all applications prior to ILR. Problems of being too long on ILR I guess...

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:48 pm

abhijack wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:14 pm
abhishek_10 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks.
Is there any way I can get it from HO?
I don't remember details of all applications prior to ILR. Problems of being too long on ILR I guess...
Not that I'm aware of. You can provide as much detail as you have, i know people on this forum have not filled in anything in that section and still have had their application approved.

balance2018
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by balance2018 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi guys,

Quite urgent question would appreciate clarification. Just looked at the document checklist on my online application and it has asked for 'Proof of living in the UK' - I've lived in UK since 2005 and have my EU/Polish passport covering the last 5 years will this be sufficient for this?

tiger-bonzo
Newly Registered

Post by tiger-bonzo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:16 am

EEA passports don’t get stamped on arrival nor any visa is printed out there, therefore you will require to provide another evidence such as p60s, tax returns etc. Bank statements and bills are not accepted. It’s stated there in documents section. Read it carefully again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:20 am

Johnnyboy007 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:10 pm

I started coming to the UK on a visitor visa in 2007 and I never breach any immigration law. And I decided to stay in 2009 when I met my EU wife and applied for RP which was approved and then got my PR biometric card five years after.

Now, I am ready to apply for my citizenship but am a bit confused. Please somebody advice.

Do I need to put when I first entered UK in 2007 with 6 months visitor visa OR I should put when I entered the country again in 2009 with 5 years visitor visa and decided to stay? I got my RP at the beginning of 2011. Please advise.
I see from your timeline that you have submitted ESOL test for your citizenship application. You risk refusal as ESOL is no longer accepted since November 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:20 am
Johnnyboy007 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:10 pm

I started coming to the UK on a visitor visa in 2007 and I never breach any immigration law. And I decided to stay in 2009 when I met my EU wife and applied for PR which was approved and then got my PR biometric card five years after.

I see from your timeline that you have submitted ESOL test for your citizenship application. You risk refusal as ESOL is no longer accepted since November 2015.
@CR001, Sorry it was a mistake. I submitted Trinity’s GESE Grade 5 exam certificate. Thanks for pointing that out, I tried to correct my timeline with no luck.

minxtruck
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by minxtruck » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 pm

I have a couple of questions about submitting an online application for British citizenship.

1) I received Indefinite Leave to Remain on 13 June 2017. Can I submit my online application for naturalisation as a British Citizen on 13 June 2018, or do I need to submit my application on 14 June 2018 or later?

2) Can anyone tell me whether your two referees need to physically sign anything either before or after submitting an application online? I have booked an NDRS appointment for 9am on 14 June 2018, but if I need to obtain a signature from my referees in person after submitting my application, then I may need to delay my appointment in order to give me enough time to meet them and obtain the necessary signatures.

Thanks

libral
Newly Registered

Post by libral » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Yes you can submit on 13 as your 12 months will be completing on 12th :)

At the end of online application you would get a checklist and referee signature document (2 pages) which you would need to take a print out and get signed by the referees whom's details you have filled online.

Hope this helps

Regards

mk819
Newly Registered

Post by mk819 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:44 am

Beautifulmum wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Beautifulmum wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am new here.

Hi, You need to select EEA family member as you have taken that router although you are not but there is no separate category as of yet, so select family member also the PR number is at the right corner of the card. Hope that helps