ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of the documents from the Home Office

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dorian85
Newly Registered
Croatia

Return of the documents from the Home Office

Post by Dorian85 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:32 am

Hi all,

firstly, apologies if a similar topic exists already, but I haven't found the information I was looking for.

I'm a Croatian (EU) national living and working in the UK since 2015 - I have started with the purple certificate (work permit), and after 12 months I have applied for a blue certificate in 2016.

On the basis of unmarried partnership with me, my Croatian girlfriend was applied for a blue certificate as well. We have gathered all the required documentation and have sent it along with her passport, my passport and my blue certificate to the Home Office in Durham on 19th February 2018. She has received a letter of acknowledgement on the 23rd February - the application process might take between 3 and 6 months.

On the same day, I have used the online form to request my documents back (passport and the blue certificate) - I have received the ROD number, but although I did enter my correct email and telephone number - I have not received any confirmation email.

After 10 working days, I have used the online form again and again I received the ROD number, but again no email confirmation has been received (I'm using google mail). What I also did, I have used the online form to indicate to the Home Office that the documents have not been received within 10 days - again, entered my email and no confirmation email was received.

I presume her password will be returned to her at the end of the application process and we should not request to have it returned earlier in order not to cancel the application or delay it - is this correct?

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but since we are without our passports, I want to be as sure as possible that they don't get lost somewhere.

Thank you in advance for the all possible comments, suggestions.

KR,
Dorian

Dorian85
Newly Registered
Croatia

Re: Return of the documents from the Home Office

Post by Dorian85 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi all,

I should have wrote the post sooner ( :) ) , but I did receive the package from the HO today. In it, all documents as requested have been returned.

A2ROR
Bulgaria

Re: Return of the documents from the Home Office

Post by A2ROR » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Dorian85 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:42 pm
Hi all,

I should have wrote the post sooner ( :) ) , but I did receive the package from the HO today. In it, all documents as requested have been returned.
Good to hear that you got your documents back at last . I am planning to request my EEA spouse passport back from UKVI online . Would you mind to share info, Do home office send any cover letter with documents. If yes then do they say any thing about application in process ?
Will this effect on application process ?

Please advise me

Thanks