ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Am0na
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Re: March 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Am0na » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:33 pm

lizg wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm
Melsieau wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:59 pm
I’m on 34 points and was asked for information this month and in Feb. I wasn’t asked in Jan. Was refused in Jan and Feb.
What further information are they asking for?
Work contract, proof of this and that. I'm not sure, my employers dealt with it.

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Am0na wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:33 pm
lizg wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm
Melsieau wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:59 pm
I’m on 34 points and was asked for information this month and in Feb. I wasn’t asked in Jan. Was refused in Jan and Feb.
What further information are they asking for?
Work contract, proof of this and that. I'm not sure, my employers dealt with it.
I see it strange to be asked for a work contract as it should be made after the employer has an approval for the cos

Ansari37
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Ansari37 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Hopeful42 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 pm
thisB wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 pm
Is it just me or does it feel like they're being processed very slowly this month?
I was just thinking that. Low points haven’t even started getting rejections yet.

May be...im doctor , non shortage 56k+ salary .not sure about my points ... not approved in Jan and feb....let see this month...still waiting

SG_1
India

Post by SG_1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Is it normal that you don’t heat about the status till now. I am at 50 points, what are the chances?

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Ansari37 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:42 pm
Hopeful42 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 pm
thisB wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 pm
Is it just me or does it feel like they're being processed very slowly this month?
I was just thinking that. Low points haven’t even started getting rejections yet.

May be...im doctor , non shortage 56k+ salary .not sure about my points ... not approved in Jan and feb....let see this month...still waiting
Did you get a higher salary for this month's application? because you should have been approved in Jan and Feb with 56k. If you weren't that points to your RLMT not being done properly.

Also remember guys that a heap of people take their annual leave in March in the UK so HO might be down to skeleton staff hence the delays.

sameeraa91
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by sameeraa91 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:36 am

Just read this on Linkedin:

Latest Intel is that SOL, PhD SOC roles and/or medical doctors may be removed from Tier 2 RCoS cap. Discussions in Parliament at present.

...and no general Immigration Rule changes (except above) in April. More likely to be May/June.

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:51 am

sameeraa91 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:36 am

Latest Intel is that SOL, PhD SOC roles and/or medical doctors may be removed from Tier 2 RCoS cap. Discussions in Parliament at present.

...and no general Immigration Rule changes (except above) in April. More likely to be May/June.
"More likely to be May/June" - meaning?

Federick123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Federick123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:00 am

means that SOL doctor etc will be removed from the cap from April and if any other changes are to be made to the immigration policy that would be from may /June

fingers crossed lets see what happens

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:02 am

sameeraa91 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:36 am

Hiya, where did the info come from if you don't mind my asking? Is it from a source that should be taken seriously?

sameeraa91
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by sameeraa91 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:06 am

It was posted on Linkedin by the immigration manager at the University of Cambridge.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:13 am

sameeraa91 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:06 am
It was posted on Linkedin by the immigration manager at the University of Cambridge.
Thanks for that. Will be interesting to see what happens. Removing the SOL applications from the quota in particular would be helpful all round. Needed staff like nurses can be recruited as needed without it effecting other skilled industries.

vakula
Newly Registered
India

Post by vakula » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:39 am

This means the new rules of removing SOC and PHD applications will not be considered for UK RCOS Quota from April 2018?

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:44 am

Nothing is happening yet guys. Don't get ahead of yourselves.

It's just speculation based on someone's linked in post that they MAY remove some come April and it's rumoured it's being discussed in parliament.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:07 am

Yes. It's still Not confirmed. So let's not get over excited.

vakula
Newly Registered
India

Post by vakula » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:49 am

krimurthy wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:07 am
Anybody has any idea whether this decision will be taken before April - 2018?

Federick123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Federick123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 am

could be !! anything is possible , just have some hope

Federick123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Federick123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:02 am

companies have already started to move their headquarters out of UK . recently Unilever has decided to leave , the government is aware that if this continues a lot of companies will think of the same

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 am

vakula wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:49 am
krimurthy wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:07 am
Anybody has any idea whether this decision will be taken before April - 2018?
We don’t even know if a decision will be happening in regards to any changes to this at all - it’s just speculation that the government MIGHT be talking about it based on something someone posted on linked in.

It’s most likely nothing will be changing. I wouldn’t be making any plans around there being a change in April put it that way. It would be great if there was a change but I’m certainly not making my plans around there being one.

royarjun2005
India

March 2018 Restricted COS

Post by royarjun2005 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:09 am

Hello,

I have a query with regards to the Restricted COS.

I have a job offer from an employer in the UK. The employer has done the RLMT and is an A-class sponsor. They filed for the RCOS (65 points) in February and the same in under review in the March allocation meeting. The result is not known yet.

However, only yesterday, I received another offer from another employer with a higher salary. Even this employer has done the RLMT and is an A-class sponsor. They are willing to file for my RCOS in March which most likely will be considered in the April allocation.

Assuming I accept the second offer, my query is -

In case the RCOS filed by the first employer gets approved, can the second employer still file my RCOS for April's allocation? If yes, does my first employer need to do anything at their end?

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:26 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:09 am
Hello,

I have a job offer from an employer in the UK. The employer has done the RLMT and is an A-class sponsor. They filed for the RCOS (65 points) in February and the same in under review in the March allocation meeting. The result is not known yet.

However, only yesterday, I received another offer from another employer with a higher salary. Even this employer has done the RLMT and is an A-class sponsor. They are willing to file for my RCOS in March which most likely will be considered in the April allocation.

In case the RCOS filed by the first employer gets approved, can the second employer still file my RCOS for April's allocation? If yes, does my first employer need to do anything at their end?
If the March Rcos gets approved (which most likely will happen given your high points) your first employer will assign it to you. This will include your passport details. In this case even if your second employer gets the Rcos in April they will not be able to assign it to you because the first one will already have you passport details. The Rcos is valid for three months and as long as it is assigned to you during this period you will not be able to have another one assigned to you.

You can ask your first employer to withdraw your offer and not assign you the Rcos if it is approved this month and see what they say. Have a good reason for requesting them to do so.

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:36 am

These talks about increasing the quota, exempting the shortage occupation from the quota etc have been going on since Jan end and have remained just talks so far. I do not see any major policy changes happening in the upcoming months. We all have a general sense now about how things are going currently and can only hope that the score keeps decreasing as the new quota allocation begins.

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:47 am

Plabber_123 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:26 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Hello,

If the March Rcos gets approved (which most likely will happen given your high points) your first employer will assign it to you. This will include your passport details. In this case even if your second employer gets the Rcos in April they will not be able to assign it to you because the first one will already have you passport details. The Rcos is valid for three months and as long as it is assigned to you during this period you will not be able to have another one assigned to you.

You can ask your first employer to withdraw your offer and not assign you the Rcos if it is approved this month and see what they say. Have a good reason for requesting them to do so.
Thank you for your response. I have a couple of follow up questions. i - When will my employer have to assign the COS to me? Is it the moment the RCOS is approved or after a few days? ii - Assuming my employer offers to match the salary and designation the other employer is offering, will he have to again do a RLMT and file for RCOS?

SG_1
India

Post by SG_1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:53 am

Have you received any update on your current RCOS? Also if your salary is outside the range that was given in the original RLMT, then the employer will have to conduct the exercise again.

SG_1
India

Post by SG_1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:54 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:47 am
Plabber_123 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:26 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your response. I have a couple of follow up questions. i - When will my employer have to assign the COS to me? Is it the moment the RCOS is approved or after a few days? ii - Assuming my employer offers to match the salary and designation the other employer is offering, will he have to again do a RLMT and file for RCOS?
Have you received any update on your current RCOS? Also if your salary is outside the range that was given in the original RLMT, then the employer will have to conduct the exercise again.

FaNIX
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by FaNIX » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 am

Hi everyone.

This is my first post of this forum but I have been following this thread for days now.

I applied for a RCoS (non-short list) with 50 points. Im still waiting for an outcome. What are my chances with 50 points for March? I've been others get it with 50 points on this thread, but I'm not sure if it was for short-list occupation.

Also, It being the 16th, is it normal for it to take this long?

I will keep you all posted