ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DCPR/PR card no longer mandatory for naturalisation as BC?!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

balance2018
Newly Registered
Poland

DCPR/PR card no longer mandatory for naturalisation as BC?!

Post by balance2018 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi, still unsure if the PR card is needed for naturalisation for EU citizens?

On the document checklist, under proving residency it has asked me to provide letters from employers, p60s etc.. nothing about a PR card?

If i do get one, does that mean i have to wait 12 months from when i acquire it to apply for BC?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: DCPR/PR card no longer mandatory for naturalisation as BC?!

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 pm

balance2018 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:23 pm
Hi, still unsure if the PR card is needed for naturalisation for EU citizens?

On the document checklist, under proving residency it has asked me to provide letters from employers, p60s etc.. nothing about a PR card?

If i do get one, does that mean i have to wait 12 months from when i acquire it to apply for BC?
Nothing has changed in the advice on gov.uk https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen
The 12 months start from the acquisition of permanent residence (through exercising treaty rights, not the date when the card was issue, although those two dates may be the same. The card is just proof of PR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.