ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit? Wife - EU citizen (lives in UK work remotely for a dutch company) + Husband - Indian tier 2 visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mecsumit
Newly Registered
India

Child Benefit? Wife - EU citizen (lives in UK work remotely for a dutch company) + Husband - Indian tier 2 visa

Post by mecsumit » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Dear all,
I am going through an interesting situation. I am Indian and my application for a tier 2 visa in the UK is in process. I and my wife (who is Dutch and works for a Dutch company) are moving from the Netherlands to the UK for my new job.

We are expecting a baby on July end this year. And a probable date for our moving to the UK is in a month, so April mid (of course depends on when my visa arrives).

As per my visa, I will have no recourse to any public funds in the UK. The question is - Is my wife being an EU citizen (Dutch) can apply for Child Benefit? She is going to move with me to the UK but still going to work remotely for the Dutch company.

Any response and solution is appreciated.

Thanks
Sumit