ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SG_1
India

Re: March 2018 Restricted COS

Post by SG_1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:09 am

FaNIX wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 am
Hi everyone.

This is my first post of this forum but I have been following this thread for days now.

I applied for a RCoS (non-short list) with 50 points. Im still waiting for an outcome. What are my chances with 50 points for March? I've been others get it with 50 points on this thread, but I'm not sure if it was for short-list occupation.

Also, It being the 16th, is it normal for it to take this long?

I will keep you all posted
FaNIX,

You stand a good chance with 50 points. Fingers crossed. Its a bit strange that it is taking this long. We all are waiting for the outcome. Since the home office has a mandate of replying in 5 working days, I have a feeling the remaining will be addressed before Monday.

All the best.

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:14 am

SG_1 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:54 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:47 am
Plabber_123 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:26 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:09 am
Hello,

I have a query with regards to the Restricted COS.

I have a job offer from an employer in the UK. The employer has done the RLMT and is an A-class sponsor. They filed for the RCOS (65 points) in February and the same in under review in the March allocation meeting. The result is not known yet.

However, only yesterday, I received another offer from another employer with a higher salary. Even this employer has done the RLMT and is an A-class sponsor. They are willing to file for my RCOS in March which most likely will be considered in the April allocation.

Assuming I accept the second offer, my query is -

In case the RCOS filed by the first employer gets approved, can the second employer still file my RCOS for April's allocation? If yes, does my first employer need to do anything at their end?
If the March Rcos gets approved (which most likely will happen given your high points) your first employer will assign it to you. This will include your passport details. In this case even if your second employer gets the Rcos in April they will not be able to assign it to you because the first one will already have you passport details. The Rcos is valid for three months and as long as it is assigned to you during this period you will not be able to have another one assigned to you.

You can ask your first employer to withdraw your offer and not assign you the Rcos if it is approved this month and see what they say. Have a good reason for requesting them to do so.
Thank you for your response. I have a couple of follow up questions. i - When will my employer have to assign the COS to me? Is it the moment the RCOS is approved or after a few days? ii - Assuming my employer offers to match the salary and designation the other employer is offering, will he have to again do a RLMT and file for RCOS?
Have you received any update on your current RCOS? Also if your salary is outside the range that was given in the original RLMT, then the employer will have to conduct the exercise again.
No update yet on the current RCOS. With 65 points i thought it would be faster but does not seem to be the case. Also, I am not aware what was the salary range given for the RLMT. In case they offer a higher salary within the given range, will they be in a position to change my designation to a higher one?

SG_1
India

Post by SG_1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:19 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:14 am
SG_1 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:54 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:47 am
Plabber_123 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:26 am

If the March Rcos gets approved (which most likely will happen given your high points) your first employer will assign it to you. This will include your passport details. In this case even if your second employer gets the Rcos in April they will not be able to assign it to you because the first one will already have you passport details. The Rcos is valid for three months and as long as it is assigned to you during this period you will not be able to have another one assigned to you.

You can ask your first employer to withdraw your offer and not assign you the Rcos if it is approved this month and see what they say. Have a good reason for requesting them to do so.
Thank you for your response. I have a couple of follow up questions. i - When will my employer have to assign the COS to me? Is it the moment the RCOS is approved or after a few days? ii - Assuming my employer offers to match the salary and designation the other employer is offering, will he have to again do a RLMT and file for RCOS?
Have you received any update on your current RCOS? Also if your salary is outside the range that was given in the original RLMT, then the employer will have to conduct the exercise again.
No update yet on the current RCOS. With 65 points i thought it would be faster but does not seem to be the case. Also, I am not aware what was the salary range given for the RLMT. In case they offer a higher salary within the given range, will they be in a position to change my designation to a higher one?
If its within the range than they can modify the terms. Check with you employer on the specifics that were communicated. All the best.

SaiLondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by SaiLondon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:25 pm

sameeraa91 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:36 am
Just read this on Linkedin:

Latest Intel is that SOL, PhD SOC roles and/or medical doctors may be removed from Tier 2 RCoS cap. Discussions in Parliament at present.

...and no general Immigration Rule changes (except above) in April. More likely to be May/June.
I don't think there was a discussion in Parliament for the same. The only news with certainty which I could find is that the "Campaign for Science and Immigration", CaSE wrote to the Prime Minister about removing shortage occupation and Ph.D. level jobs from the Tier2 quota. The letter was signed by 45 different UK science and technology bodies/societies/institutions. If there is a discussion, that would probably be after the March allocations (which is almost certain 8) ).
Also, I do not think they are going to increase the quota (i.e. increase the 20,700 number) because the government is extremely hesitant to create any unnecessary news related to immigration until the Brexit white paper on immigration is out (somewhere around September or before). Any major policy changes could only be expected after this.

These being said there are two things which the government could easily do to resolve the current situation:
1) Nurses are on the shortage occupation, only on an interim basis (since 2015-16). Since they were on an interim basis they could very well be removed again from the list.
2) Front-load (increase) the April quota to say 3,500 (from the previous 2,200). Of course, this would mean reducing the numbers in the subsequent months. However, this would reduce the backlog and further effect in future months in the short run. This seems highly likely, as the monthly allocations for 2018-19 have yet not been declared. :D (FYI, they need to be declared beforehand for each financial year.)

Also, I would just like to say to everyone to not discourage anyone on this forum. I am seeing a number of people with higher points (some of the 40+ holders) discouraging people with lower points (20-39) on this forum by saying that you would have to wait for another two more months .. blah blah. Please stop doing this. Everyone is one this forum because of a certain situation and you guys have no right to discourage anyone. If you are feeling pessimistic please keep that to yourself.

Hope is a powerful thing, is what keeps everyone going. Let's not lose it. I am quite certain all those who were feeling in a limbo, would have their prayers answered in April :) .

Federick123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Federick123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:27 pm

this is a bit crazy no approval or rejections .. I wonder if this could possibly be due to discussion in parliament regarding the Tier 2 Rcos or is just a delay from the home office
anyways hoping that it is the former and all backlogs get cleared this month

Federick123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Federick123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:33 pm

SaiLondon wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:25 pm
sameeraa91 wrote:

Latest Intel is that SOL, PhD SOC roles and/or medical doctors may be removed from Tier 2 RCoS cap. Discussions in Parliament at present.

...and no general Immigration Rule changes (except above) in April. More likely to be May/June.
I don't think there was a discussion in Parliament for the same. The only news with certainty which I could find is that the "Campaign for Science and Immigration", CaSE wrote to the Prime Minister about removing shortage occupation and Ph.D. level jobs from the Tier2 quota. The letter was signed by 45 different UK science and technology bodies/societies/institutions. If there is a discussion, that would probably be after the March allocations (which is almost certain 8) ).
Also, I do not think they are going to increase the quota (i.e. increase the 20,700 number) because the government is extremely hesitant to create any unnecessary news related to immigration until the Brexit white paper on immigration is out (somewhere around September or before). Any major policy changes could only be expected after this.

These being said there are two things which the government could easily do to resolve the current situation:
1) Nurses are on the shortage occupation, only on an interim basis (since 2015-16). Since they were on an interim basis they could very well be removed again from the list.
2) Front-load (increase) the April quota to say 3,500 (from the previous 2,200). Of course, this would mean reducing the numbers in the subsequent months. However, this would reduce the backlog and further effect in future months in the short run. This seems highly likely, as the monthly allocations for 2018-19 have yet not been declared. :D (FYI, they need to be declared beforehand for each financial year.)

Also, I would just like to say to everyone to not discourage anyone on this forum. I am seeing a number of people with higher points (some of the 40+ holders) discouraging people with lower points (20-39) on this forum by saying that you would have to wait for another two more months .. blah blah. Please stop doing this. Everyone is one this forum because of a certain situation and you guys have no right to discourage anyone. If you are feeling pessimistic please keep that to yourself.

Hope is a powerful thing, is what keeps everyone going. Let's not lose it. I am quite certain all those who were feeling in a limbo, would have their prayers answered in April :) .

well said bro I am quite sure that everyone even with lower points will be cleared in this month or April . the point based system is crap, and the Uk government should clear out the backlog first before entertaining new applications that have been recently put in

shebahanna
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by shebahanna » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:49 pm

SaiLondon wrote:

Here, here! Chin up, we'll all get through this one way or another.

smita4488
Newly Registered

Post by smita4488 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 pm

SaiLondon wrote:
sameeraa91 wrote:

Delighted to read this post after so many of the discouraging ones, its true that hope has lots of power and lets hope all of the COS's get approved and backlog gets cleared in April. Best of Luck to everyone.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Federick123 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:27 pm
this is a bit crazy no approval or rejections .. I wonder if this could possibly be due to discussion in parliament regarding the Tier 2 Rcos or is just a delay from the home office
anyways hoping that it is the former and all backlogs get cleared this month
I was wondering this too, if maybe they’re just going to hold them and not give any answers until April when they can allocate more.

Or maybe they’re just really short staffed. Who knows. There have been delays like this in the past. I guess we’ll know next week.

In parliament a few days ago an MP raised the issue of a hospital located in her constituency being unable to recruit doctors due to the tier 2 visa to Teresa May and the PM said she was “aware of this issue” and was going to look into it. Maybe she’s having her people looking into it before HO proceed?

Again who knows.

I do agree whole heartedly though with the post that people with higher points need to stop telling those with lower points how long it will take them to get through. Nobody knows and predictions are all really just guesses. And for all we know they might just completely change the way points are calculated next month and some of those with lower points now might end up approved over some with higher now. We just don’t know. This and talk of SOL being excluded, etc. is really all just speculation until we know more.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Can any one tell how many points RCOS has approved till now?

Am0na
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Am0na » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:58 pm

balu04vn wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:29 pm
Can any one tell how many points RCOS has approved till now?
There was one person yesterday with 75 points... Nothing since.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:07 pm

thats really bad...something going on then..

anils
Mood:
India

Post by anils » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:17 pm

My HR did check this afternoon, it's still 'UNDER REVIEW' :?

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm

how many points you are in?

anils
Mood:
India

Post by anils » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:27 pm

I have 55 points.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Just checked with my HR still there is no update on the outcome.

On the question of higher points people discouraging others. We all want everyone to get their COS. No matter how much hope we have we still needs to be realistic we say this based on our experience in last 3 months no one is speculating things. Some one unfortunately resigned and had farewell party.

Bottom line is we all want positive outcome. Thats it.

Jobuk
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Jobuk » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi everyone
First time I have posted but have been following for a while. I got my rCOS on third attemp. Doctor. Non shortage. First time HR put wrong salary. Second RLMT was wrong. Thankfully this time it went through. Points 65.
I wanted to say this thread was a great place for me to visit and realize I wasn’t the only person in that situation. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope within the next little while we all get through.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:20 pm

Jobuk wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm
Hi everyone
First time I have posted but have been following for a while. I got my rCOS on third attemp. Doctor. Non shortage. First time HR put wrong salary. Second RLMT was wrong. Thankfully this time it went through. Points 65.
I wanted to say this thread was a great place for me to visit and realize I wasn’t the only person in that situation. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope within the next little while we all get through.
Congrats :)

fourmonths
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by fourmonths » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:50 am

Hi can someone tell me if anybody have got approval for 35 k this month.
4 times applied unlike others here who are below 50 i have been waiting from december till march 2018 .
i see only doctors approved for 65 just like previous four months along with nurses , radiologist etc.,

somebody says " they are NOT going to increase the quota (i.e. increase the 20,700 number) because the government is extremely hesitant to create any unnecessary news related to immigration until the Brexit white paper on immigration is out (somewhere around September)"
AND
they are also saying " "Campaign for Science and Immigration", CaSE wrote to the Prime Minister about removing shortage occupation and Ph.D. level jobs from the Tier2 quota. The letter was signed by 45 different UK science and technology bodies/societies/institutions. If there is a discussion, that would probably be after the March allocations"

my employer is hesitant to apply in april , as if its refused they had lost 5 times my application charges and i loose my job too which i do for living

my last hope is i may get a salary hike from some 5 points more even then i will not reach 45 or 50.

Will i have chance for 40-42 k in may or will april consume 2200 plus borrow from may and what happens to may?
Anybody know if they will remove shortage occupation from general tier 2 by April or is it just a speculation.

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:14 am

fourmonths wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:50 am
4 times applied unlike others here who are below 50 i have been waiting from december till march 2018 .
i see only doctors approved for 65 just like previous four months along with nurses , radiologist etc.,

somebody says " they are NOT going to increase the quota (i.e. increase the 20,700 number) because the government is extremely hesitant to create any unnecessary news related to immigration until the Brexit white paper on immigration is out (somewhere around September)"
AND
they are also saying " "Campaign for Science and Immigration", CaSE wrote to the Prime Minister about removing shortage occupation and Ph.D. level jobs from the Tier2 quota. The letter was signed by 45 different UK science and technology bodies/societies/institutions. If there is a discussion, that would probably be after the March allocations"

my employer is hesitant to apply in april , as if its refused they had lost 5 times my application charges and i loose my job too which i do for living

my last hope is i may get a salary hike from some 5 points more even then i will not reach 45 or 50.

Will i have chance for 40-42 k in may or will april consume 2200 plus borrow from may and what happens to may?
Anybody know if they will remove shortage occupation from general tier 2 by April or is it just a speculation.
Nobody can predict the future here.

I too have been waiting since december at 45 points. It looks like this months score will be 46 again (if the reports are to be believed). The CoS allocation website will be updated early next week and we willl know the exact score then.

If your employer is willing to raise your salary then I think it is worth a shot. But he should start the rlmt process asap.

The april allocation thread will give you a better idea of how things are going.

fourmonths
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by fourmonths » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Plabber_123 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:14 am
fourmonths wrote:

AND

I too have been waiting since december at 45 points. It looks like this months score will be 46 again (if the reports are to be believed). The CoS allocation website will be updated early next week and we willl know the exact score then.

If your employer is willing to raise your salary then I think it is worth a shot. But he should start the rlmt process asap.

The april allocation thread will give you a better idea of how things are going.

Yes, i do understand - I need to wait for march month official cutoff and i also need to wait for April month official cutoff - only then i can apply in may that too if my salary is atleast closer to april cut off.

Is this news true or false , " "Campaign for Science and Immigration", CaSE wrote to the Prime Minister about removing shortage occupation and Ph.D. level jobs from the Tier2 quota. The letter was signed by 45 different UK science and technology bodies/societies/institutions. If there is a discussion, that would probably be after the March allocations"??? if its true it will atleast give some hope for candidates beween 21 to 45 after april. no employer could wait for more than 6 months and rlmt would get expired too.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:12 pm

I can feel your pain, let's see what happens next month. Its a new allocation year if they want to make any updates this is the best time. Even if they keep NHS out of RCOS cap most of the application gies through. Fingers crossed we are l helpless.

Just believe that whatever happens happens for good.

Ansari37
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Ansari37 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Jobuk wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm
Hi everyone
Hi same happened to me in Jan and Feb ..now waiting for third attempt s result with 56k +salary , doctor , non shortage..still no news .... hoping for best ...

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:03 am

fourmonths wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:01 pm
Plabber_123 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:14 am
fourmonths wrote:

AND

Yes, i do understand - I need to wait for march month official cutoff and i also need to wait for April month official cutoff - only then i can apply in may that too if my salary is atleast closer to april cut off.

Is this news true or false , " "Campaign for Science and Immigration", CaSE wrote to the Prime Minister about removing shortage occupation and Ph.D. level jobs from the Tier2 quota. The letter was signed by 45 different UK science and technology bodies/societies/institutions. If there is a discussion, that would probably be after the March allocations"??? if its true it will atleast give some hope for candidates beween 21 to 45 after april. no employer could wait for more than 6 months and rlmt would get expired too.
We can’t give you any information unfortunately. We’re all in the same position and don’t know anything.

At the end of the day it’s also your employer’s decision about whether they want to keep trying or not. If they’re happy to raise your salary a new RLMT needs to be done as 35k to 42k is quite a significant salary rise and the higher salary may make the role more attractive to suitable British applicants.

In regards to your last question about removing shortage occupations, PhD roles, etc: that’s also just purely speculation at the moment. We’ve heard a few stories about groups requesting it and some unconfirmed rumours that it MAY be being DISCUSSED but there is absolutely zero evidence that this is actually in the plans. We’re all just hoping but really have no idea what will happen.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:02 am

Anybody got any updates/Approvals/Rejections.