ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asiar08
Newly Registered

Please advice--Wating time while appln is with caseworker?

Post by asiar08 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi,

My application (leave to remain under tier 1) is with case worker from 11/04. I called today and status remains same. They are still working on it. Any idea please as how many days usually, processing does take with caseworker? It seems that I will not get my docs in this week......

Thanks,
asia08

Gob00st

Re: Please advice--Wating time while appln is with caseworke

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi Asia08:
Don't worry ,it will be fast, I reckon its either this weekend or early next week.Just be patient for a few more days and the good results will come.

Gob00st

asiar08 wrote:Hi,

My application (leave to remain under tier 1) is with case worker from 11/04. I called today and status remains same. They are still working on it. Any idea please as how many days usually, processing does take with caseworker? It seems that I will not get my docs in this week......

Thanks,
asia08

Bhumi

Re: Please advice--Wating time while appln is with caseworke

Post by Bhumi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:40 pm

asiar08 wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
asia08
Asir,

Even my application for LTR only under teir 1 is with case worker since 14th apr..i called HO and got this info...they however could not comment how long it will take..I presume..i if all goes well i expect my docuemnts next week...i applied on 12th Mar...

sonujain
Newly Registered

Post by sonujain » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Can anybody please clarify my doubts in my previous post.
Thanks,
Sonu

butterfly08
Newly Registered

Post by butterfly08 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi friends,

I got the good news today, my application approved and got my documents back. I got a lot of useful information and positive thoughts from this forum, and I truly thank you all for the great help. THANK YOU SO MUCH

urgent

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:49 pm

butterfly08,

congrats and all the best....
can you write few lines about your application...like what documents you submitted, when it is approved, when it is stamped( start and end date)

Thanks
butterfly08 wrote:Hi friends,

I got the good news today, my application approved and got my documents back. I got a lot of useful information and positive thoughts from this forum, and I truly thank you all for the great help. THANK YOU SO MUCH
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

butterfly08
Newly Registered

Post by butterfly08 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi Urgent, thanks, and I give the details below within my memory

Date Applied :12th march
Reached Home office : 13th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB299....)
Stamped: 19th Mar
Received: 16th APR

1. Primary applicant application (mine)
2. Dependant Applications for my wife, and two children
3. Pay slips for immediate last 12 months.
4. Bank statements for last 12 months.
5. Another set of Bank statements for the proof of Maintenance fund
6. Marriage certificate (Official English Translation, Original)
7. Birth certificates of me,wife and two children(Official English Translation, Original)
8. My Degree. (The english requirement covered with it, the medium of the studies was english, and it covered in the list given in the points calculator)
9. Our passports

amit_9aug

Post by amit_9aug » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:21 pm

Congrats to all who got Tier1 approved !!

Anybody in this thread who has applied for Tier1 via transitional arrangement s from UK and got the passports back ? This is for those applicants who had HSMP approval letter while applying for Tier1 visa.

I applied on 7th-Mar, but still no news from BIA/HO regarding my passports . Today is 37th day after my application was received by BIA :-(

My Details
=======
Application type :- Tier 1 with Valid HSMP letter
Date Applied : 07 March
Reached Home office : 10 march
Credit card charged: 10th March
Reference Number : PB299***
Decision : Eagerly Awaited
Last edited by amit_9aug on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urgent

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi Sonujain,

Check the answers written against your query.
sonujain wrote:Hi Everybody,
When i started googling about tier1 ,Igot this wonderful thread.Very informative.I would like to ask few of my doubts,can you please all help to apply this week.
1.Now i am in uk (past 7 months)under WP ,working with client,but my base company is in India.Here i am getting salary around 4k(gross).Due to initial advance recovery my first two months net salary was 0.So i dont have salary part in my bank statement.All other months i have the proof of statements.SO what can i do..please suggest.

ANS: If it is mentioned in the pay slip that your advance was deducted against your salary and the net pay is zero, then that won't be a problem.

But you should write in the covering letter so that the case worker understands the problem. If possible get a letter from your Company about this and sumbit it along with your application.

They actually calculate the gross pay for the points allocation so even if your pay slips shows zero net pay during that period then you don't need to bother as long as the gross pay is okay.

If the pay slips doesn't show about the advance deduction then it may be a problem, so you need a letter from your compay about this.

One more idea: As per the H.O you need to provide two types of documentation which are not from the same source. As it year end and you may be getting your p60(7 months ) + indian tax form( 5 month ), so submit tax certificate as one proof and salary slips as another proof that would do the job.

U can also submit bank statements as additional proof.

2.For 12 moths statements ,i collected all 12 months statements(5 in india+7 in Uk).For maintenence part ,I made some arragements this month to keep 6500ponds(wife+2children) in my account here.But not all previous 3 months.Is this okay.Please clarify.

ANS: For maintenance funds, see the below link for more details...
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

3.For english,i did engg degree,my university got listed in BIA.Also i got UKNaric letter (when i did self assesment two months back,my univ was not in BIA list,So i did apply to NARIC).Is this enoughPlease clarify.

ANS: For english language requirement If your degree recognized on the self assessment tool, if so you don't need any ceritificate except your original degree certificate.

But you have got a letter from NARIC, it will make your case more stronger and easy for case worker to decide your case. If your degree is recognized on the self assessment tool then print the output and enclose along with your documents.

So write a good covering letter and mention about all the documents.

3.My age is 31.How much point i can earn..In self assessment tool i got 5 marks,but in the application form ,i got 10 marks.Quite confused.Please clarify.This is Tier1 general.

ANS: You should be getting same points on both. For 31 years as per the application form you should get 5 points only( please check section 3a, as for initial applications you should fill section 3a )

I assume you would have checked section 3b.

4.I have2006- 2007(upto march 2007) tax papers.Can i send these also..or payslips & bank statements for 12 months are enough?

ANS: If the tax papers (2006-07) doesn't cover your claim period (atleast one month) then you don't need them.

As your applying now,you can submit 2007-08 tax forms(i believe you would have got p60 by now..or may be getting it by this month end along with your indian tax form )...along with your pay slips and bank statements.

5.For dependent ,Is it necessary to prove any english requirement.My wife also did the same degree as mine..her univ also got listed in BIA.Please clarify.

ANS: For dependants you don't need to prove anay english proficiency.
For your wife as dependant you just need marriage ceritificate(Official English Translation if it is in some other language + original marriage ceriticate ) and your wife passport thats it.

6. Is there any need to send WP or not.Please clarify.As for as i know from BIA site,They asked only passports.But i have read in forums about WP.

You don't need to send your work permit.

Please clarify me asp.Because i need to apply as soon as possible.But b4 that i need to clear my doubts.Thank you for your valuable time and help.
Regards,
Sonu
indian,

anxiouswait
Newly Registered

Applying for Teir 1 next week

Post by anxiouswait » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:38 pm

hey pple,

i am so glad there's a forum to help us out with tier 1.

i will be applying for mine next week. Just wanted to know if I should write a separate covering for all the different sections or include eveything in one covering letter?

thnkx

Raja2
Newly Registered

Employer Details

Post by Raja2 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks for your reply for my last query.

I have one more query, one of my friends forgot to mention the employer details; Would you please let me know whether he should notify Home Office by sending Change of Circumstances form or seek the advice from Home Office before sending the form.

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Many congratulations to all who got their tier 1 approvals.

Urgent - I am sure you will have your approval by this weekend . Thanks a lot for putting that timelines list together. is it possible for you to update that with latest news of approvals and timelines?

And people who have received their approvals, can you please tell me by what mail HO sends back the documents.Is it special delivery,first class or just normal one.

urgent

Re: Latest list

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Latest list - up to date:

ashraya:
======
Date Applied :6th march
Reached Home office : 8th march
Reference Number received :18th March ( PB2988....)
Approval Date: 9th April
Docs Received: 15th April

asiar08 ( Tier 1 with Valid HSMP letter )
=====
Date Applied : 11 March
Reached Home office : 12th march
Credit card charged: 13th March
Decision : Awaited (Gentle lady at H.O told that he will be receiving the documents in couple of days )

aylee:
======
Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

lisa_simpson
========
Date Applied : 11 March
Reached Home office : 12 March
Debit card charged: 13 March
Reference Number Received: 14 March
Decision Received: YES!! Very Happy
Documents Received: 8th April

butterfly08: ( HSMP to Tier 1 )
=======
Date Applied :12th march
Reached Home office : 13th march
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2994....)
Decision : Approived and got documents back on 16th April

hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Passport stamped: 4th April
Current Status: Approved.
Documents Received: 9th April

irf_bar:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March(PB299**)
Decision : Awaited (with case worker, asked him to wait for 5-7 working days)

sinspider:
=========
APPLIED: March 13th
RECD at Home Office: March 14th
Charged : 18th March
REFERENCE no: 19th March
Decision :Rejected 2nd April( Reason mentioned: Degree was in Swedish)

GobOOst:
=======
Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited(Update on 17th: Confirmed from H.O that its delivered today and expecting it any time )

Gob00st All the best

rajiv502
======
Date Applied :19th march
Reached Home office : 20th march
Credit card charged: 25th March
Reference Number received :28th March ( PB3001....)
Approval date: 31st march
Received date: 16th April

SSTier1:
=======
Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25-March-08
Recieved Home office : 26-March-08
Debit card charged: 26-March-08
Reference number recieved : 29-March-08
Decision : Approved
Visa stamped: 08-April-2008
Passports received : 12-April-2008

mmmsa5:(From student to Tier 1 )
=======

Application received at HO: 26 March
Payment Taken: 26 March
Reference number received: 29 March (PB300***)
Decision Taken: 3 April (Approved), 4th April for dependants
Documents Received: 15th April

getkumars:
=========
Date Applied : 25 March
Reached Home office : 26th march
Debit card charged: 27th March
Reference Number Received: 29th March
Reference Number : PB3007***
Passport stamped: 3 rd April
Documents Received: 15th April

cisman:
=======
Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008 (.....)
Decision : Awaited

urgent:
=======
Date Applied :29th march
Reached Home office : 31st march
charged: 31st March
Reference Number received :2nd April( PB3012***)
Decision : Awaited

nibbs:
====
posted- 4th April 2008
payment- 7th April 2008
reference -7th April 2008 - PB301******

wp2tier1:
--------------
Applied:5th April
Received at HO: 8th April
Reference Number: awaited

fardeen:
=====
From WP to Tier1
Applied: April 7th (Royal mail special delivery)
Recd at Home Office: April 8th (confirmed)
Payment Processed: April 8th
Reference no: April 8th PB3020***(sent on 8th by post)
Decision: Awaited

rashsmp:
======
pplied: April 9th (For Tier1 with valid HSMP approval Letter)
Recieved at Home Office: April 10th
Payment Processed: April 10th
Reference no: April 12th(lettter dated 10th) -PB3022****
Decision: Awaited

Sidshekhar:( Work Permit to Tier1)
========
Applied: 11th April
Received: 14th April
Payment Taken:
Reference Number:
Decision:
Documents Received:

alpharulez:
=======
From WP to Tier1
Applied: April 16th (Royal mail special delivery)
Recvd at Home Office: April 17th
Payment Processed: April 17th
Reference no: waiting...
Decision: waiting...

[/quote]
Last edited by urgent on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
indian,

sonujain
Newly Registered

Post by sonujain » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi Indian,
Thank you so much.
My payslip did show clearly about advance recovery and tax deductions part.Also i got the payslip stamped and signed by HR.As per your advice i will briefly explain this in covering letter.
Your idea about P60 is nice and clever ..but frankly says i am in urgent position to apply as my tenature here is uncertain.so i want to take some risk to make life better atleast for my children.Becz in last 7 months in UK my locations changed 5 times.I know this things happen in our india based software firms...so i wil try with these documents..
Once again thank you very much.
Another Indian.

urgent wrote:Hi Sonujain,

Check the answers written against your query.
sonujain wrote:Hi Everybody,
When i started googling about tier1 ,Igot this wonderful thread.Very informative.I would like to ask few of my doubts,can you please all help to apply this week.
1.Now i am in uk (past 7 months)under WP ,working with client,but my base company is in India.Here i am getting salary around 4k(gross).Due to initial advance recovery my first two months net salary was 0.So i dont have salary part in my bank statement.All other months i have the proof of statements.SO what can i do..please suggest.

ANS: If it is mentioned in the pay slip that your advance was deducted against your salary and the net pay is zero, then that won't be a problem.

But you should write in the covering letter so that the case worker understands the problem. If possible get a letter from your Company about this and sumbit it along with your application.

They actually calculate the gross pay for the points allocation so even if your pay slips shows zero net pay during that period then you don't need to bother as long as the gross pay is okay.

If the pay slips doesn't show about the advance deduction then it may be a problem, so you need a letter from your compay about this.

One more idea: As per the H.O you need to provide two types of documentation which are not from the same source. As it year end and you may be getting your p60(7 months ) + indian tax form( 5 month ), so submit tax certificate as one proof and salary slips as another proof that would do the job.

U can also submit bank statements as additional proof.

2.For 12 moths statements ,i collected all 12 months statements(5 in india+7 in Uk).For maintenence part ,I made some arragements this month to keep 6500ponds(wife+2children) in my account here.But not all previous 3 months.Is this okay.Please clarify.

ANS: For maintenance funds, see the below link for more details...
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

3.For english,i did engg degree,my university got listed in BIA.Also i got UKNaric letter (when i did self assesment two months back,my univ was not in BIA list,So i did apply to NARIC).Is this enoughPlease clarify.

ANS: For english language requirement If your degree recognized on the self assessment tool, if so you don't need any ceritificate except your original degree certificate.

But you have got a letter from NARIC, it will make your case more stronger and easy for case worker to decide your case. If your degree is recognized on the self assessment tool then print the output and enclose along with your documents.

So write a good covering letter and mention about all the documents.

3.My age is 31.How much point i can earn..In self assessment tool i got 5 marks,but in the application form ,i got 10 marks.Quite confused.Please clarify.This is Tier1 general.

ANS: You should be getting same points on both. For 31 years as per the application form you should get 5 points only( please check section 3a, as for initial applications you should fill section 3a )

I assume you would have checked section 3b.

4.I have2006- 2007(upto march 2007) tax papers.Can i send these also..or payslips & bank statements for 12 months are enough?

ANS: If the tax papers (2006-07) doesn't cover your claim period (atleast one month) then you don't need them.

As your applying now,you can submit 2007-08 tax forms(i believe you would have got p60 by now..or may be getting it by this month end along with your indian tax form )...along with your pay slips and bank statements.

5.For dependent ,Is it necessary to prove any english requirement.My wife also did the same degree as mine..her univ also got listed in BIA.Please clarify.

ANS: For dependants you don't need to prove anay english proficiency.
For your wife as dependant you just need marriage ceritificate(Official English Translation if it is in some other language + original marriage ceriticate ) and your wife passport thats it.

6. Is there any need to send WP or not.Please clarify.As for as i know from BIA site,They asked only passports.But i have read in forums about WP.

You don't need to send your work permit.

Please clarify me asp.Because i need to apply as soon as possible.But b4 that i need to clear my doubts.Thank you for your valuable time and help.
Regards,
Sonu

sonujain
Newly Registered

Post by sonujain » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:27 am

Hi friends,
1. Do we need to summit all pages in the application or related pages?
2.In dependent application(free of cost),need to fill card details or not?
Please respond asp.
Cheers,
Sonu

urgent

Post by urgent » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:34 am

Hi Sonujain,

Check the answers against queries below...
sonujain wrote:Hi friends,

ANS: Submit all the pages but fill in the required pages.

Please respond asp.

ANS: In dependant application form, Just tick the free of charge box and don't fill any card details as you are sending it with the main application and you already filled the card details in the main application.

Cheers,
Sonu
indian,

sonujain
Newly Registered

Post by sonujain » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:32 am

Hi Indian(urgent)
Thank you so much!
Again come up with silly doubt..but what to do...

Application front page-tier1 general appl,----page1
payment details page -------------------------page4 to page40.
Enough to sent or to include page2,3 and help pages too?
cheers,
Sonu

urgent wrote:Hi Sonujain,

Check the answers against queries below...
sonujain wrote:Hi friends,

ANS: Submit all the pages but fill in the required pages.

Please respond asp.

ANS: In dependant application form, Just tick the free of charge box and don't fill any card details as you are sending it with the main application and you already filled the card details in the main application.

Cheers,
Sonu

rahsmp

Post by rahsmp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:56 am

Hi Sonu,

Send all the pages even help pages also.

ashraya

Re: Friends:

Post by ashraya » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:16 am

GoB00st:

Oddly, both the stamping date and approval date on the letter seems to be April 9th for me.

Regards,
Ashraya
Gob00st wrote:Hey Ashraya:

Bro, great news indeed! I know its a long wait for you, but your result worth it and you need a little celebrate to relax for a while.

Wish all the best to your further and your family.

But I got one question for you, since your case was approved on 9th April, when did they stamp your passport since they must sent the whole package back to you on 11th or 14th April?

Could you please let me know? Really appreciate your reply.

Gob00st

Gob00st

Re: Friends:

Post by Gob00st » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:20 am

Hi Ashraya:

Thanks for letting me know. It seems they gave you some special treatment to haste your application process in the end.

At least we know it is possible to stamp immediately after approval.

BTW: My application result finally started sending back from HO this morning, hopefully I can get it tomorrow or I have to wait to get the result next Monday. Fingers crossed, let it be approved.

Regards,
Gob00st
ashraya wrote:GoB00st:

Oddly, both the stamping date and approval date on the letter seems to be April 9th for me.

Regards,
Ashraya
Gob00st wrote:Hey Ashraya:

Bro, great news indeed! I know its a long wait for you, but your result worth it and you need a little celebrate to relax for a while.

Wish all the best to your further and your family.

But I got one question for you, since your case was approved on 9th April, when did they stamp your passport since they must sent the whole package back to you on 11th or 14th April?

Could you please let me know? Really appreciate your reply.

Gob00st
Last edited by Gob00st on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

synchrony786
Newly Registered

Tier1 App decision profoundly delayed

Post by synchrony786 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:23 am

Dear All,

I have come across this forum though not in time when i was collecting and filing my documents but at least I can have your advice now while waiting for my documents to arrive. Actually I sent my application with documents for extension of stay under Tier 1 on 14th March. They confirmed the receipt by sending the reference number on 17th. the fee was taken on the same date as well. now its more than a month but no news at all. I have contacted them twice but first time they refused to release any information or check on the progress but on second attempt they told me that it has been processed and now awaited for some kind of authorization. I am now kind of half heartedly awaiting for the decision as it seems to me rejection but would appreciate your view point. I mean why did it take to them so long when i have presented the documents in very very easily understandable format. I am working here in the UK and have sent them everything like payslips, bank statements, my wife credentials details and everythign else.

I would appreciate any opinion in this regard.

thanks

regards,
saint

alpharulez
Newly Registered

Fingers crossed

Post by alpharulez » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:03 pm

From WP to Tier1
Applied: April 16th (Royal mail special delivery)
Recvd at Home Office: April 17th
Payment Processed: April 17th
Reference no: waiting...
Decision: waiting...

:!: :!: :!:

urgent

Re: Tier1 App decision profoundly delayed

Post by urgent » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi Saint,

Some applications like extension under Tier 1 are taking more time I believe. And if there are any issues with the application they would have rejected by this time....so I don't see any problem apart from waiting.
I guess you would receive your documents approved within one week( max).

All the best.
synchrony786 wrote:Dear All,

I have come across this forum though not in time when i was collecting and filing my documents but at least I can have your advice now while waiting for my documents to arrive. Actually I sent my application with documents for extension of stay under Tier 1 on 14th March. They confirmed the receipt by sending the reference number on 17th. the fee was taken on the same date as well. now its more than a month but no news at all. I have contacted them twice but first time they refused to release any information or check on the progress but on second attempt they told me that it has been processed and now awaited for some kind of authorization. I am now kind of half heartedly awaiting for the decision as it seems to me rejection but would appreciate your view point. I mean why did it take to them so long when i have presented the documents in very very easily understandable format. I am working here in the UK and have sent them everything like payslips, bank statements, my wife credentials details and everythign else.

I would appreciate any opinion in this regard.

thanks

regards,
saint
indian,

touchsensor

Bank Statement

Post by touchsensor » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a slight doubt, those who got their tier 1 approval perhaps could clarify; do you need to have the word 'salary' stated on your bank statement for your wage or just company name is sufficient?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Kind regards.
touchsensor

synchrony786
Newly Registered

Delayed Decision

Post by synchrony786 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi Urgent,

thanks very much for your reply. do u know anybody who applied recently for extension under tier1 and got approved or rejected? it seems to me as very first application as they opened tier1 on 29th february for extension and applicant UK and i applied 14 days later. I do appreciate your sincere advice in this regard and am styaing optimistic. in the mean time if anybody knows any tier1 appicant approved or rejected under the new PBS, please let me know. hope you all have great news in the days to come.

thanks

regards,
saint