ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for visa status and care arrangement for my child

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Oluwatobi
Newly Registered

Request for visa status and care arrangement for my child

Post by Oluwatobi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:16 pm

I received a letter that state as a dependant partner of a tier 1 migrants in 2013 you made an outside the rules compassionate grounds application for leave to remain. During the application process you stated you had a child in your care.
Section 55 requires UKVI to consider the safeguarding of children whenever applicable. As such, we request that you respond to this letter regarding the current visa status and care arrangements for your child mentioned in your previous application for leave to remain.
Please respond to this letter within 10 working days using the green address label provided.

In 2013, I applied as a dependant partner but was refused on general ground. I left for nigeria leaving my daughter to my husband for 8 months.
I was granted a dependant visa in Nigeria and I came back in march 2014.
Also my daughter was born in 2012 in the UK and since then I have not applied for any visa because she has not travel.
I need advise before replying to case worker so I don't know if I need to get a visa for my daughter
Thank you

seasky
BANNED

Re: Request for visa status and care arrangement for my child

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:59 pm

I am not sure t1e is the best place for this message, I am sure the strong team of moderators will know if to move it.

You do not need a visa for a child born in UK unless you plan to travel (and come back....) . If any parent is ILR you can ask for citizenship for the child.

I would guess if UKVI is asking about the care arrangements of a child you need to give an answer (which hopefully s/he is living with two loving parents who are legally in the UK etc)

Oluwatobi
Newly Registered

Post by Oluwatobi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:05 pm

I used this forum because my husband is on tier 1 entrepreneur visa and am a dependant.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Suggest you share a bit more detail on you and husbands visa history. But as far as I understand, from experience, a UK born child does not need a visa while "staying" in the UK.

abo1
Nigeria

Post by abo1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:04 pm

my wife visa history 2009-2011 Tier4 student visa, 2011-2013 PSW visa, 2013 dependant visa refused. I travelled back home before visa expire. 2014- granted dependant visa on my husband and returned to the country on 4/3/2014. and has since been dependent on my husband. My daughter was with my husband when I travelled and we came together again when I returned in 2014. My daughter has not left the uk since her birth in 2012 and we have not applied for her visa.
Husband Visa history: 2011-2012 - Tier4 visa, 2012-2014 - PSW visa, 2014- 2017 Tier 1 ent visa, applied for extention in june 2017 still waiting.

pls your response is highly appreciated.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Oluwatobi wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:16 pm
I received a letter that state as a dependant partner of a tier 1 migrants in 2013 you made an outside the rules compassionate grounds application for leave to remain. During the application process you stated you had a child in your care.
Section 55 requires UKVI to consider the safeguarding of children whenever applicable. As such, we request that you respond to this letter regarding the current visa status and care arrangements for your child mentioned in your previous application for leave to remain.
Please respond to this letter within 10 working days using the green address label provided.

In 2013, I applied as a dependant partner but was refused on general ground. I left for nigeria leaving my daughter to my husband for 8 months.
I was granted a dependant visa in Nigeria and I came back in march 2014.
Also my daughter was born in 2012 in the UK and since then I have not applied for any visa because she has not travel.
I need advise before replying to case worker so I don't know if I need to get a visa for my daughter
Thank you
There doesn't seem to be anything to worry about. It looks like a n old file was never closed properly and came up for review and follow up. So they need to check that the child is ok and taken care of.
You can just reply with an update on your current visa and the fact that the child is now well taken care of by both of you.
If you have no plans for your daughter to travel, she does not need a visa to stay in the UK.
As per NHS rules, you do need to pay IHS for your daughter and the only way to pay for IHS is to apply for a visa :-( But, it is not clear what happens if you don't pay the IHS - I assume your daughter has been visiting the GP and even some hospital without anyone asking anything. So, you could just carry on.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

abo1
Nigeria

Post by abo1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Yes she has been accessing the NHS without any issue. So do I need any document to accompany the letter.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:32 pm

abo1 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:16 pm
Yes she has been accessing the NHS without any issue. So do I need any document to accompany the letter.
No, you wouldn’t need any documents
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:17 pm

I will advise you include the lease agreement of your home if rented or a copy of the official title if owned so that they will be rest assured the child is safe and well accommodated. Just an advise.
Bizman