ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent to ILR - Need clarifications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILRDependent2018
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent to ILR - Need clarifications

Post by ILRDependent2018 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:21 am

Hello friends,

I am holding an ILR already and my wife who is a PBS dependent is going to apply for ILR this month.

There are a few clarifications I need in filling her application form.

Section 2:

2.1 to 2.7 requires the partners details to be filled.

Q1. In my wife's case, as she is the main applicant, I suppose we need not fill in my details from 2.1 to 2.7.
Am I right?

Section 5:

5.6 You must complete all 5 boxes below if you are applying as a work permit holder, a Tier 2(General),
Tier 2 (Sports Person) or a Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) migrant (your employer will be able to provide you with these details.

Q2. I suppose this need not be filled for PBS dependent. Am I right?

5.7 Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1-5.6 that you and your partner are relying on to maintain you and any dependents adequately.

Q3. As the main applicant is a PBS dependent, does she need to fill in this section?
If yes, can she just write NIL in these boxes?

Section 12
12A if you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse

Q4. This says that a cohabitation proof is needed only if the spouse is listed in the section 2, which is not true in my case. Based on this, my wife need not give any cohabitation proof/evidence. Am I right or does she still need to provide all the cohabitation proofs?

Thanks in advance.

ILRDependent2018
Newly Registered

Re: PBS Dependent to ILR - Need clarifications

Post by ILRDependent2018 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Mods

Can you please look into this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent to ILR - Need clarifications

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:25 pm

ILRDependent2018 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:21 am
Hello friends,

I am holding an ILR already and my wife who is a PBS dependent is going to apply for ILR this month.

There are a few clarifications I need in filling her application form.

Section 2:

2.1 to 2.7 requires the partners details to be filled.

Q1. In my wife's case, as she is the main applicant, I suppose we need not fill in my details from 2.1 to 2.7.
Am I right? Correct, it is only your wife applying.

Section 5:

5.6 You must complete all 5 boxes below if you are applying as a work permit holder, a Tier 2(General),
Tier 2 (Sports Person) or a Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) migrant (your employer will be able to provide you with these details.

Q2. I suppose this need not be filled for PBS dependent. Am I right? Not relevant to dependents as the form clearly states.

5.7 Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1-5.6 that you and your partner are relying on to maintain you and any dependents adequately.

Q3. As the main applicant is a PBS dependent, does she need to fill in this section?
If yes, can she just write NIL in these boxes? Not sure.

Section 12
12A if you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse

Q4. This says that a cohabitation proof is needed only if the spouse is listed in the section 2, which is not true in my case. Based on this, my wife need not give any cohabitation proof/evidence. Am I right or does she still need to provide all the cohabitation proofs? Evidence should still be supplied.

Thanks in advance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.