ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jramp
Newly Registered
India

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by jramp » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi,
I have a question regarding my online application. After submitting my online application and paying the relevant fees, I have realised that i have done some mistakes in my form. Now i am unable to see any option of editing my responses to the questions in the form. Please can somebody help me / suggest what could i do next to correct my mistake. I have booked appointment at my local council for the NDRS. I was planning to explain them the situation and request them to send a cover note with the application stating the correct answers. Would this be sufficient? Is there any means of correcting the responses after the application has been submitted online?

Thanks to all in anticipation.

tiger-bonzo
Newly Registered

Post by tiger-bonzo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Anybody been applying recently?
I did couple hours ago, however it is still stuck on payment verification. I paid with CC and I see that available balance decreased by 1282. Is it going to be manually verified on their end or what?

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 pm

tiger-bonzo wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:13 pm
Anybody been applying recently?
I did couple hours ago, however it is still stuck on payment verification. I paid with CC and I see that available balance decreased by 1282. Is it going to be manually verified on their end or what?
Log out of the application and login again. You should see the payment confirmation page then.

tiger-bonzo
Newly Registered

Post by tiger-bonzo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Did that, tried three computers with different operating systems - Windows, Linux, MacOS X, various browsers. still nothing.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:30 pm

Help please.

We have a family friend who has known us for more than 3 years.
He is a doctor. But work as a locum doctor through his own limited company.
He is the director of his limited company.

Am I correct in understanding that he will qualify as a professional referee?

If yes should he put his occupation as :
Director of a limited company named xxx rather than a doctor.

And is there any particular order - i.e the first referee should be professional one?

TIA.

minxtruck
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by minxtruck » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 am

If I am a New Zealand passport holder, is my passport sufficient proof of living in the UK given it will have been stamped on arrival into the UK? Or do I need to also provide payslips and/or P60s as proof of living in the UK?

hrm12
Newly Registered

Post by hrm12 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:45 am

could someone please advise that using new online for citizenship requires to do biometrics enrollement before the NDRS appointment?? i have an appointment for NDRS this friday and was hoping to do biometrics right after it later in the day..

tiger-bonzo
Newly Registered

Post by tiger-bonzo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:13 am

Quick update on my application - or rather no update other than bank already deducted money fron my card. I tried to email them but no luck.

libral
Newly Registered

Post by libral » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 am

hrm12 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:45 am
could someone please advise that using new online for citizenship requires to do biometrics enrollement before the NDRS appointment?? i have an appointment for NDRS this friday and was hoping to do biometrics right after it later in the day..
you can do the biometric enrolment either before or after it would not make any difference.
NDRS is just to check & send the documents.

libral
Newly Registered

Post by libral » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:19 am

abhijack wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:30 pm
Help please.

We have a family friend who has known us for more than 3 years.
He is a doctor. But work as a locum doctor through his own limited company.
He is the director of his limited company.

Am I correct in understanding that he will qualify as a professional referee?

If yes should he put his occupation as :
Director of a limited company named xxx rather than a doctor.

And is there any particular order - i.e the first referee should be professional one?

TIA.
If he is a Doctor he will qualify as a professional referee. If his company is VAT registered only then he will qualify as a professional referee (if you want him as a director)

hari.s

Post by hari.s » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:30 pm

abhijack wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:10 pm
I am completing the online form and have a query / issue at the English language requirement section.

I am using LIUK + Trinity B1 (passed last Friday).

However, I am also asked to answer whether my degree was taught in English. (In the paper form I understand you can ignore this question as its an OR to English test)

If I answer the truth that it was taught in English - at the document stage I am asked to provide NARIC certificate. I took Trinity exam as I didn't want to go the NARIC route.
If the answer that my degree was not taught in English the NARIC thing goes off my document list, however, this will be a false answer.

Any suggestions what to do?
Hi abhijack - did you find a solution to this?

I am not fully certain what the fix is.
EEA FP: 07/09/2012
UK entry: 23/09/2012
EEA1+EEA2: 19/04/2013
Non-EEA PR+EEA DCPR: 11/12/2017+16/12/2017
British citizenship: 06/12/2018

Granada
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by Granada » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:59 pm

minxtruck wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 am
If I am a New Zealand passport holder, is my passport sufficient proof of living in the UK given it will have been stamped on arrival into the UK? Or do I need to also provide payslips and/or P60s as proof of living in the UK?
Hi Minxtruck
The council officer who was doing the NRDS for me said that the passport is a sufficient proof of living in the UK for a non-European.
Good luck

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:07 pm

hari.s wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:30 pm
abhijack wrote:
I am completing the online form and have a query / issue at the English language requirement section.

However, I am also asked to answer whether my degree was taught in English. (In the paper form I understand you can ignore this question as its an OR to English test)

If I answer the truth that it was taught in English - at the document stage I am asked to provide NARIC certificate. I took Trinity exam as I didn't want to go the NARIC route.
If the answer that my degree was not taught in English the NARIC thing goes off my document list, however, this will be a false answer.

No, fix yet.
I didn't get any suggestions here to get around this issue.

Unfortunately, I cant answer NO to degree taught in English as I had used this for ILR. But at that time I didn't need NARIC.

Looks like I will have to use the paper form!!

Chuk85
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Chuk85 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:12 pm

HI

Long time reader first time poster, just have a quick question with the online system.

I have never had a resident permit card (alway had my ILR stamp in my old passport). the online sytem asks a few questions about this and then just leaves it. Will HO reject my application and make me get residency card?

It also asked for no evidence of knowlwledge of language from the checklist . will they come back to me for it?

Any help would be apriciated, thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Chuk85 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:12 pm
HI

Long time reader first time poster, just have a quick question with the online system.

I have never had a resident permit card (alway had my ILR stamp in my old passport). the online sytem asks a few questions about this and then just leaves it. Will HO reject my application and make me get residency card? No.

It also asked for no evidence of knowlwledge of language from the checklist . will they come back to me for it? If you got your ILR BEFORE 28th October 2013, you need LIUK and B1 English from a provider on the Current HO list. If you are from an exempt English speaking county, you don't need English test but you still need LIUK.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 pm
Chuk85 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:12 pm
HI

I have never had a resident permit card (alway had my ILR stamp in my old passport). the online sytem asks a few questions about this and then just leaves it. Will HO reject my application and make me get residency card? No.

It also asked for no evidence of knowlwledge of language from the checklist . will they come back to me for it? If you got your ILR BEFORE 28th October 2013, you need LIUK and B1 English from a provider on the Current HO list. If you are from an exempt English speaking county, you don't need English test but you still need LIUK.

Reading your Timeline post, I see you are not from an English exempt country but your UK degree is fine.

Did you submit your LIUK test pass notification letter too??? This is mandatory.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:13 pm

I would really appreciate some help please.

I am submitting my citizenship application in a few days and my NDRS appointment is on the same day as my submission date so I will only have very few hours to get my referee forms signed. I was wondering if there is a way to obtain these forms before submitting/ paying for the application. I cannot do this just yet because my submission date is the earliest qualifying time for me.

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:52 am

Lalonde wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:13 pm

I am submitting my citizenship application in a few days and my NDRS appointment is on the same day as my submission date so I will only have very few hours to get my referee forms signed. I was wondering if there is a way to obtain these forms before submitting/ paying for the application. I cannot do this just yet because my submission date is the earliest qualifying time for me.
Lalonde, hi

There’s no way you can get the referee part until the end after submitting. Unless someone is willing to print their one for you to use as they don’t have individual names on the.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:39 am

Mad1 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:52 am
Lalonde wrote:

Lalonde, hi

There’s no way you can get the referee part until the end after submitting. Unless someone is willing to print their one for you to use as they don’t have individual names on the.
Wrong! Keep filling the application form at the end BEFORE declaration and submission, you will see the referee page.

Remember that page only needs his name and signature with your photo pasted. All other referee details like address, passport number etc are in the applicatio form itself.

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 am

plabo wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:39 am
Mad1 wrote:
Lalonde wrote:

Lalonde, hi

Wrong! Keep filling the application form at the end BEFORE declaration and submission, you will see the referee page.

Remember that page only needs his name and signature with your photo pasted. All other referee details like address, passport number etc are in the applicatio form itself.
Plabo,

Thanks! I read that before when I carefully went through all the 14 pages on this thread, however I am on the tab that asks to make the payment (which I can’t do just yet until my qualifying time) and there have been no forms or anything else before this?

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:55 am

abhijack wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:07 pm
hari.s wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:30 pm
abhijack wrote:

No, fix yet.
I didn't get any suggestions here to get around this issue.

Unfortunately, I cant answer NO to degree taught in English as I had used this for ILR. But at that time I didn't need NARIC.

Looks like I will have to use the paper form!!
Why don't you click the option "Proved English knowledge at time of ILR" if your ILR was post 2013?

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:08 am

Lalonde wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 am
plabo wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:39 am
Mad1 wrote:
Lalonde wrote:

Lalonde, hi

Plabo,

Thanks! I read that before when I carefully went through all the 14 pages on this thread, however I am on the tab that asks to make the payment (which I can’t do just yet until my qualifying time) and there have been no forms or anything else before this?
I had submitted this on page 10/11 before:
At Stage 4, on the page titled "Referee Declatations", you have hyperlinks to download Declatation - Referee 1 & Declaration - Referee 2. Download these are PDFs and print those out for referee signatures

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:23 am

Oh my god, thanks a million, had to click on ‘change’ and it opens up to the declarations!

So are the referees supposed to write my name and date of birth? What kind of glue should I use please as we don’t obviously want to damage the back of the photos here?

I am submitting my passport application with my citizenship. Does each referee need to certify 2 photos? Is it 4 photos I submit altogether?

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:17 am

Lalonde wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:23 am
Oh my god, thanks a million, had to click on ‘change’ and it opens up to the declarations!

So are the referees supposed to write my name and date of birth? What kind of glue should I use please as we don’t obviously want to damage the back of the photos here?

I am submitting my passport application with my citizenship. Does each referee need to certify 2 photos? Is it 4 photos I submit altogether?
I wrote name & DOB myself. I believe they only have this requirement in case the photos come off the papers. I used plain gluestick and that didn't cause any damage. My only recommendation is to let the ink dry up before using the glue as if it's a little wet, the glue will mess it up.

I submitted 5 pics in total (2 for the 2 referee declarations, 1 on each), and 3 more for the passport application (I also used JCAP).

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 am

abhishek_10 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:17 am
Lalonde wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:23 am

I wrote name & DOB myself. I believe they only have this requirement in case the photos come off the papers. I used plain gluestick and that didn't cause any damage. My only recommendation is to let the ink dry up before using the glue as if it's a little wet, the glue will mess it up.

I submitted 5 pics in total (2 for the 2 referee declarations, 1 on each), and 3 more for the passport application (I also used JCAP).
Thank you! Does anybody know if they use the submitted photo in your new passport or the picture taken when you do the biometrics?