ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dlr Application Rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

WhatHaLife
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Dlr Application Rejected

Post by WhatHaLife » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:17 am

Please help ! I need advice on what to do or expect. I entered the UK illegally about 26yrs ago and applied for Asylum 24yrs ago which was refused after 6months consideration.After 14yrs of continuous living in UK, I applied for ILR and was later granted 30mnths in 2014.
I applied to renew before it expired in May 2017 using form DL, but my application was rejected in mid January 2018 as invalid.
By the end of January 2018, I reapplied using form FLR (FP) and got an acknowledgement letter mid February 2018.
I got a letter dated 10th March 2018, received on the 13th March 2018 that I have been granted bail exemption and that I should start signing at one of the Home Offices from Next week which should repeat forthnightly until deportation and contact voluntary leave help if I wish. Does this mean I'm going to be deported and my open application is ignored or what ? This application is just me ( I lost the children I had ). What is the outcome likely to be. Your advice will be appreciated.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Dlr Application Rejected

Post by CMOSUK » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:20 pm

WhatHaLife wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:17 am
Please help ! I need advice on what to do or expect. I entered the UK illegally about 26yrs ago and applied for Asylum 24yrs ago which was refused after 6months consideration.After 14yrs of continuous living in UK, I applied for ILR and was later granted 30mnths in 2014.
I applied to renew before it expired in May 2017 using form DL, but my application was rejected in mid January 2018 as invalid.
By the end of January 2018, I reapplied using form FLR (FP) and got an acknowledgement letter mid February 2018.
I got a letter dated 10th March 2018, received on the 13th March 2018 that I have been granted bail exemption and that I should start signing at one of the Home Offices from Next week which should repeat forthnightly until deportation and contact voluntary leave help if I wish. Does this mean I'm going to be deported and my open application is ignored or what ? This application is just me ( I lost the children I had ). What is the outcome likely to be. Your advice will be appreciated.
Why was an extension of a further grant of DL using form FLR(DL) rejected as invalid?

what form did you use initially to apply on the basis of ILR that got refused and yiu where granted 30 months DLR?
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

WhatHaLife
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by WhatHaLife » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:42 pm

I used SET (O) form for ILR in those days there was nothing more than you applying for ILR after living in UK for 14yrs. The application came about a decade after or so and I got DLR instead.

FLR(DL) was refused as invalid form filled.

WhatHaLife
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by WhatHaLife » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:46 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:20 pm
WhatHaLife wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:17 am
Why was an extension of a further grant of DL using form FLR(DL) rejected as invalid?

what form did you use initially to apply on the basis of ILR that got refused and yiu where granted 30 months DLR?
I used SET (O) form for ILR in those days there was nothing more than you applying for ILR after living in UK for 14yrs. The application came about a decade after or so and I got DLR instead.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:03 pm

You should have sought legal advise as you would have got right to ILR then.

I think it may be unlawful for them to reject your application without giving 10 working days to resolve the issues.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

WhatHaLife
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by WhatHaLife » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:03 pm
You should have sought legal advise as you would have got right to ILR then.

I think it may be unlawful for them to reject your application without giving 10 working days to resolve the issues.
Thanks for the response Obie.

Yes, I was given seven days from day of receipt of letter (not seven working days) from letter dated 16th January which was signed for on the 19th January. No refund received yet.

I later started the online FLR (FP) application on the 24th of January and made the payment on the 26th of January. Which means another new application was made. I later sent the completed online form to the given address.

As for the legal - I wasn't aware that the Solicitor I used was suspended and only took my money to enjoy with his family. Hence the 10yrs wasted when I initially applied for ILR.
I had to chase it up and I ended up reeceiving 30months !

Laugh if you like - I must have been made in the wrong place, the wrong time the wrong bed, the wrong day. Hence the journey...sigh !

I got a start signing or go voluntaryly deportation letter few days ago that I must start this week. Will I be deported while signing even though I've got another yet to be decided application with HO ? Any chance I can still LIVE AGAIN instead of just EXISTING !?!

I don't know what the outcome would be.

WhatHaLife
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by WhatHaLife » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Signing with the HO begins :( :o :? :oops: :cry: