ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

People Got Job from UK, while in India POST HERE!!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

chetanamale@gmail.com

People Got Job from UK, while in India POST HERE!!

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:24 am

Hi all :

I'm reading from various sources, that after you done HSMP/EC and started
searching jobs in UK from India, its very difficult( almost impossible) to land
in a handsome offer unless you are physically present in UK.

Although its recommended, always not possible for everyone to do that.
So this post is for those who have successfully got job offers from UK
employers sitting back in India.People please come forward and share
your experiences,information etc.

thanks,
chetan.

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:04 am

Anyone ?

Prashanth_yadav

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:04 am

I am also in the look out for a job.....If anybody there pls respond

reachstars
Newly Registered

Post by reachstars » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:55 am

Hi ,

I have applied for a few jobs on jobserve.com. I have received calls from agents ,but no calls for interview from any employers.That is very disheartening :( I know of two cases of my friends who have managed to get jobs in UK while they were here in India.

Case 1: A friend of mine with 4+ years IT experience. Not only did he manage to get a job while in India ,but his employer also got his Work Permit done,sponsored his air tickets,provided accomodation for the first one week till he got his own accomodation

Case2 : A friend's friend filed his HSMP. After his visa,applied for a job, cleared the technical interview and when his prospective employer said that they wanted to see him, he created a yahoo msgr account for himself and also for his employer and sent the yahoo msgr acct details (the one he had created for his employer) to them. He asked them to connect using this account and then set up a video call with them.They were very impressed with the way he handled things and handed out a job to him, and sponsored his air travel .

I am just hoping that I also get lucky :) But the thought of job cuts in UK (thanks to US recession) is worrying both me and my husband.

Regards,

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:07 am

reachstars,

Atleast good to know that there are cases of this type( getting jobs from India)."I have applied for a few jobs on jobserve.com." do you mean,you have subscribed for the jobserve agent -which sends tones of job everyday, you have selected some of them and applied for those ? Or there is any other effective way of doing this ?

thanks,
chetan.

reachstars
Newly Registered

Post by reachstars » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi chetan,

I dont apply using the job agent (although I do look at it). I generally search for jobs which suit my skillset and then apply.Ofcourse, before applying you have to create a profile for yourself in jobserve.

Regards,

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:48 am

any new updates in this category ?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:07 pm

reachstars wrote:Hi ,

Case 1: A friend of mine with 4+ years IT experience. Not only did he manage to get a job while in India ,but his employer also got his Work Permit done,sponsored his air tickets,provided accomodation for the first one week till he got his own accomodation

This is really rosy. But you cannot apply same stick to everybody. It mainly depend on what skills you do have to offer. I'm sure, the person you are describing is having rare skills.

Just imagine one thing, if there are two candidates applied for a job in UK. One is present in UK and one abroad. Who will be given preference ?
I never heard, in case of US as well, anybody getting US company offer , simply sitting overseas.

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:50 pm

I came to UK last year on HSMP. Though I tried to get job from India but there was no luck.
I had to spend one month searching for job in London and finally got a job through jobserve.
Though most of the advertisements are from job agencies and consultants but there are some companies who advertise directly.
And one has to be very careful from job consultants as some of them just waste time and try to extract information about the companies to which one is applying.

inputsOnHSMP

jobs from india: possible

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:21 pm

after getting my hsmp, i got interviews fixed from india. I did attend first round tech interviews from india on phone. I flew down to uk(self financed) for attending the final interviews. and i got a couple of job offers in one two days. But things can get a bit difficult sometimes. It depends on your experience, the skillset you bring in and the way you present yourself. Sometimes, poeple have taken 6 months to land up a job. This is not to discourage you but to make you aware that sometimes it can take time.
Regarding recession, well, i can still see quite high recruitments going on..
Infact, we have a requirement in my company for a c++ developer. But the person must be in UK to attend the interview+written test(irrespective of your experience) pays well but it is a bit hectic most of the time. Infact, people are switching jobs here almost like as in bangalore.. and sometimes there are calls on your company landlines of agents trying to get you to switch jobs.

redshift
Newly Registered

Post by redshift » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:48 pm

I have 2 job offers from the U.K. It took me about 3 weeks to get the final offers from the point of my initial emails. I had an initial telephone interview followed by an on-site interview in London (Company Expenses). I currently am evaluating these along with some others, will make a decision soon.

My details:

Current location: India
My education: Master's in Automotive Systems (U.S)
Expected Graduation: Apr'08
Experience: About 14 months in the U.S (Internships/Co-ops)

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi All,

Posting after a long time, let me update my job hunt story!

I have 4 years of experience in Financial Risk Management. Got my EC Stamped in Jan 08. Started searching for job since Sep 07 but always had the following answer when the consultants got to know that my HSMP is not yet approved: "Please do get us once your HSMP is approved and we can get you a very good opening"

It was only after Jan that I started getting real calls. Since then I have talked to 2 big banks, 1 consulting firm and 1 micro-finance company. Let me explain the experiences one by one.

The first one that I talked to is a top 5 UK bank. We went through 2 rounds and they really liked my profile. The consultant said that they will get back with the offer. And after a week they got back saying: "We don't have experience in hiring people out of the EU." I think this was total crap and they just found a better candidate in the UK!

The second one was the micro-finance company, they talked to me and then decided that they wanted to meet me in person. But they were not ready to sponsor my travel and stay for the interviews. They still want to meet me but at my cost!

The third one was a World top 3 credit bureau. After a very long interview they kept in the final shortlists for 2 months and then asked weather I am already in the UK? And when they realized I am not they went ahead with the other candidate but did tell the consultant that I was the best candidate for the job. Only if I were in the UK!

The fourth one was another UK Top 10 Bank. After the final interview they took more than a month to decided to extend the offer. Finally I may be joining them in May. They have offered a base salary of GBP 34,000 in Glosgow. In addition to that I have been offered a joining bonus of 3,000 and one-way flight tickets. I have also been offered 4 weeks accomodation for the initial period.

I got my job offer in Feb-end and it took me about 2 months to get the job from India after gettting the Visa. Considering that the job market isn't that rosy I consider myself mighty lucky to have managed this opening.

Would urge others to share their experience. Also would like folks in the UK to comment on the salary that I am being offered. Is it enough to take care of the expenses in Glasgow. I am married and will take my wife and new-born kid along with me. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!
CD

daisy_ktm
BANNED

Post by daisy_ktm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:29 pm

FRIENDS,

NO JOB HERE..LETS BE CLEAR...GO BACK TO HOME COUNTRY REQUEST PREVIOUS HR MANAGER TO GIVE BACK INDIAN JOB.I THINK THATS THE ONLY WAY...

THINK TWICE OR THEICW BEFORE QUITING YOUR JOBS...1000S OF HSMP
HOLDERS STARTED WORKING IN SUPER MARKETS & COFEEE SHOPS..
I KNOW AT LEAST 10 OF MY FRIENDS IN COFEE SHOPS, CLEANING TABLES. THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THAT JOB WITH EASTERN EUROPIANS WHO GOT A DEFINITE EDGE OVER INDIANS..

SO EVEN THAT IS NOT EASY

NO IT JOB HERE AT ALL..

Alishah

Same story

Post by Alishah » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:42 pm

I was asked by one big uk company to visit uk for an interview they arrange my tickets accomodation for 15 days in which they showed me their business etc i was on visit visa even. After they offered me job when I was back home, which after some debate I accepted. now they are workibg on my workpermit for which they have hired KPMG. I am an experiance mechanical engineer with experties in steam and gas turbines as welll as renewable energy source or power systems etc. I am waiting for wp and have every day or alternate e-mail exchange with my employer.
Best of luck for you all.

Bye