ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WRONG VISA GIVEN, PLEASE HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pink99
Newly Registered

WRONG VISA GIVEN, PLEASE HELP

Post by pink99 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Dear Forum,
My husband got issued a fiance visa by UKVI Bogota, Columbia instead of a marriage visa. The entry clearance department came to the decision that we were intending to marry, however we actually ARE married, we provided or marriage certificate and wrote it in different parts of form, put it in covering letter and submitted our wedding photos. The visa application centre signed a form to say we submitted it, and they accepted the full amount of money for a 33 month spouse visa and healthcare surcharge.
We have spent the last two months trying to get the right visa, every department tell us that they cannot help. UKVI are completely inaccessible and contactable.
We have written dozens of emails to the UK and Bogota, phoned the expensive credit card line, spoken to solicitors, written to complaints, now I have contacted my MP. Complaints have said that we should email Bogota or marriage certificate and they should provide the right visa. After 8 weeks Bogota replied too say that they issued the correct visa as we did not submit our marriage certificate and we correctly applied under UK Marriage Settlement, and should have applied under Settlement Husband.Complaints advise we have to wait one month before asking for a complaint review.
The general enquiry lines cannot advise us and just say they can´t help.
We did post my husbands passport and our marriage certificate to the Incorrect endorsement department two weeks ago and have had no acknowledgement.
Has anyone been through anything similar, or can anyone advise on any timelines this takes to sort out please? we are going crazy. I feel very strongly to complain to the parliamentary ombudsman (I have to wait for a complaint review).
Any advice would be much appreciated and for anyone going through anything similar, I´m sorry and I can keep you updated.
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: WRONG VISA GIVEN, PLEASE HELP

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:45 pm

applied under UK Marriage Settlement, and should have applied under Settlement Husband.
What was selected as visa type and sub visa type when you completed the form?

Did you pay the immigration health surcharge and if yes, how much did you pay?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brianna
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Brianna » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi,
This same thing is happening to me. I paid nearly $4000 Canadian dollars for the visa fee and for ihs fee, but because I pressed marriage as the visa sub type instead of wife, I got issued the 6 month fiancé visa.
I have tried emailing and calling the uk visa people and they haven’t given me any advice.
How did you and your husband end up fixing this?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 pm

Brianna wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:45 pm
Hi,
This same thing is happening to me. I paid nearly $4000 Canadian dollars for the visa fee and for ihs fee, but because I pressed marriage as the visa sub type instead of wife, I got issued the 6 month fiancé visa.
I have tried emailing and calling the uk visa people and they haven’t given me any advice.
How did you and your husband end up fixing this?

Thanks
Member pink99 only posted twice and hasn't visited the forum since Dec 04, 2015.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:15 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.